Christmas Attack Break...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm giving out free vills for Christmas , who wants one?

DeletedUser83041

Hanukkah isn't even a high holiday. Sweet Jewish boy nailed to a stick. Are you people complaining and don't know what you're talking about? Kwanzaa is officially not recognized as a religious holiday. Not because that wasn't the intent, but no black people wanted to give up Christianity as a "white man's religion." Yes, that was his original stance, he said "Jesus was psychotic." So ignore the fact that Kwanzaa and Hanukkah happen at the same time of the year. Christmas is a Federal Holiday in the US however. Basically in the US there is no other religious holiday commonly celebrated at that time. Although Winter Solstice is close as is Ashura. Hanukkah is actually starting on the 11th this year, so a holiday break would be a bit short notice for them, but like I said, it's not a high holiday.
I'm Buddhist myself but I celebrate Christmas. I don't believe in celebrating Thanksgiving (moderation issue). I cannot celebrate Lent but I do try and abstain from meat on Fridays. I also try and eat properly according to jewish dietary laws durring passover. I've been to celebrations (like wine? join a jewish holiday) for most religions and celebrate the diversity of the world and it's people as long as it doesn't violate my personal beliefs (such as moderation in the case of Thanksgiving and Lent- opposites, but still effect moderation). Being asked to observe a day of quiet for christmas favors no one religiosly it merely favors the people that work and want a day off for christmas or otherwise.
Obviously a Christian wouldn't care, a Jewish person is probably used to it (and most don't seem to care that I know), Buddhists I know don't mind (myself included), Muslim people have Ashura coming up and would probably be busy making arrangements for that. Obviously that is more important than a game. Leading me to believe than anyone really opposed to this just needs to relax a bit and take a day to let some stress off their backs. Its probably you guys that most need a day off.
However, think of it this way. If the mods all want that day off, then they shut down the game for that day, just like any other day if they all want it off. It just so happens that they all don't want the same day off that often.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You make a lot of assumptions based on your own personal background.
You have a very personal story and you have your own beliefs that you practice.
Like many previous posters it is not TWs job to assume its players have a cut and dry belief system.

One cannot say just because Hanukkah isnt a high holy holiday it isnt observed.
Likewise there are tons of US Federal Holidays tribal wars has not given players a break during.

You actually make several previous posters point by saying that the only actual holiday a potential holiday break would cover is Christmas and Christmas only.

In a game that is very much PvP unbalancing gameplay to benefit some people is an unwise move.
I've already listed several possibilities to give players several 'vacation/holiday days' per year which can be used at their own digression, but apparently account sitters always fulfill this need.

DeletedUser

We have pretty much exhausted every avenue and our Community Manager himself has laid down the reasons for the break.

This topic is going nowhere on the basis of 'whether or not a Christmas break is fair' and I therefore ask that you keep this topic to simply 'what your doing at Christmas'.

~Truscott6

DeletedUser

Quite frankly truscott -
No.

I am glad that the Community Manager has spoken in this thread and there is no sarcasm when i say that I am glad to hear the explanation from him.

But that surely does not automatically make it right. Our CM is a mere man like the rest of us.

I will be unwrapping presents on Christmas and then traveling to my cousins to do more of the same.

But yet i defend the right of people to play during a time when i cannot myself play, because it is unbalanced for some to have this benefit when no other holidays are given similar respect.

So quite frankly and with the most respect i can muster --
No thank you truscott.

DeletedUser

I will be short here...
Christmas Attack Break,New Year attack break...whatever,its attack break so can you guys simply ignore Christmas or New Year and just enjoy in break and have fun somewhere far away from TW.

I know...it is not fair for some players but better to have a break than dont have any,right?

DeletedUser40757

I will be short here...
Christmas Attack Break,New Year attack break...whatever,its attack break so can you guys simply ignore Christmas or New Year and just enjoy in break and have fun somewhere far away from TW.

I know...it is not fair for some players but better to have a break than dont have any,right?
but but..but......all the evil grinch like plans have to be abandoned then...:icon_evil:

Seriously, I will probably go spend a few hours with the family, then come home and relax for a little bit....play some non-TW games:icon_eek:
Thats a little more ontopic :p

DeletedUser

Quite frankly truscott -
No.

I am glad that the Community Manager has spoken in this thread and there is no sarcasm when i say that I am glad to hear the explanation from him.

But that surely does not automatically make it right. Our CM is a mere man like the rest of us.

I will be unwrapping presents on Christmas and then traveling to my cousins to do more of the same.

But yet i defend the right of people to play during a time when i cannot myself play, because it is unbalanced for some to have this benefit when no other holidays are given similar respect.

So quite frankly and with the most respect i can muster --
No thank you truscott.

If you want to carry this on take it to a pm. Otherwise stop.

You seem to feel you have a choice in the matter as to whether or not my instructions are carried out. You don't. Please refrain from taking this further. It will just have to be filed as one of the few things we will disagree on during my time here.

but but..but......all the evil grinch like plans have to be abandoned then...:icon_evil:

Seriously, I will probably go spend a few hours with the family, then come home and relax for a little bit....play some non-TW games:icon_eek:
Thats a little more ontopic :p

John, there are non TW games? :icon_surprised:

Where?!?! :icon_eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seriously...... A break is great , why don't you guys like it :p

Rudegar

A holiday break that covers what other major religions or holidays?

Does some religion have holiday on the Winter Solstice? (dec 21st)
Are we getting a break for the entirety of Kwanzaa? (Dec 26th-1st)
I'll ignore Hanukkah since it starts in 6 days...

If we are getting off for Western New Years what about Rosh Hashanah? Or Chinese New Year? Or a various amount of other faiths, cultures, etc.

The holiday season is Christmas and Christmas only for TribalWars.
I know Morthy doesnt want to see politically incorrect but when you dont have breaks for other holidays it is a hollow reason.

Political Correctness... Plox.... Bin.... I dont believe in hatefullness, or intolerance but seriously.... objecting to a christmas/newyear/ "holiday" break on the basis that it is non PC!!!! This stinks like hippie liberal garbage to me and im about as agnostic as it gets.

if you need to justify or somehow qualify the rationality of a break period which uncannily coincides with a christian/western time of celebration, perhaps consider the staff, most of whom are western and who are likely going to want take a break at some point over the holiday to spend time with family, go away on holiday or get hopelessly drunk and wallow in their own filfth...

Now if a majority of the staff are drunk wallowing in their own filfth there would be no one left to mod us and i would be able to get away with saying whatever i wanted on the forums.

If a "minority" secular or religious celebration were to come along i would imagine that the impact on the mods workload of the minority taking a break would not impact to greatly.... if the majority were to take a break, the minority would be screwed by a week of an excessive workload.

likewise for the player community, a tribe can handle a minority of its members having a break and can arrange sitters, however if it were to continue the game over the christian holiday period then so many players would be absent for a prolonged period of time that it would be impossible to organise the remaining members in order to protect their tribemates, by the time everyone came back likely every one who hadnt been on the break would be banned for sitting violations.

Rudegar

Quite frankly truscott -

ive been trying to locate where any authority of any kind ever gave anyone the "right" to play Tribal Wars, 24/7/365... but cannot find it.... could you please enlighten me as to where this right comes from....

furthermore your concept of universal fairness is one i find almost offensively ignorant... if you were to so much as look out the window you may well notice some fairly obvious inequalities in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.