Competition:W32's Blog Banner

DeletedUser

Competition time!

As it currently stands, I am required to have a banner for all of my posts that are made on the blog for W32. The problem is, I recently lost my version of Photoshop CS3 due to a... umm... invalid key that locked me out. So I am putting it out there to the W32 forum goer's to create a banner for the blog. It's the community's blog, not mine so I thought it would be best to give you the chance to have some input for the banner ideas and even create some yourself.

The winning banner will be displayed every time a post is made for the W32 blog (once a week the majority of the time). I'll list all the banner makers in the blog after it has been decided. You, the W32 community will decide the winning banner, not me. Obviously this idea required the input of the W32 playes and I hope that those of you with, or without, creativity will participate.

Ok, the banner specifications:
The blog platform used by Inno games will automatically resize any banner that you make, however even with that in mind I would like them to not exceed 300px in height. Width is not a problem as it will resize the banner keeping proportions (or so I have been told). The only other requirement is that the words "World 32" or "W32" need to appear on it in a location that is visible. As usual there is to be no vulgar language or obscene images - just like the signature rules on the forum. The saved file needs to be under 2mb in total or it can't be uploaded onto the site.

Let me know what you think.

-Mal-

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

/will lose this competition.

sounds like an ok idea to me though, what would be the specifications?

DeletedUser

16bkj7s.png

You may want to list the dims & any requirements of the blog banner, I'm assuming it can't be the full height of a screen?

DeletedUser

Oh yea... umm thanks AYK and Tiger. I'll find out the measurements of the banner for you all to work to in just a second and post them here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry for double post.

I have now edited my original post to include the max dimensions that I think are reasonable and the only real requirement that there is.

DeletedUser93596

WTF? Arent you keeping boys happy in thx anymore? Well crapload of mergers must be taking the toll... lol.

DeletedUser

They are just grouping all the shite players together so it's easier to exterminate them :p~

DeletedUser

WTF? Arent you keeping boys happy in thx anymore? Well crapload of mergers must be taking the toll... lol.

WTF right back atcha! I don't even know what your trying to say & have even less of a clue what this has to do with a blog banner. GFYS.

DeletedUser93596

you think its not known how you control those toyboys?

They are just grouping all the shite players together so it's easier to exterminate them :p~

yep indeed. need to mark only few tribes as enemy now.

DeletedUser

Can we keep on topic please?

I'm giving till next Friday at 23:59 (ST) to have your competition entry in. Currently only AYK has entered it :lol:

DeletedUser

Please someone else enter... You don't want my botchery of a banner representing our world do you?

DeletedUser

16bkj7s.png

You may want to list the dims & any requirements of the blog banner, I'm assuming it can't be the full height of a screen?

I'm thinking of decorating my babies bedroom with that banner :lol::lol::lol::lol:

DeletedUser

i would enter something if i remembered anything about anything on how to use gimp. or if my new laptop even had gimp.

but seriously, we need some people to enter lol, dont want crying babies as the w32 mascot.... :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Malevolent, you mentioned it will be resized by the website, is that a increase in size or decrease? is max hight 300px? can you please be more specific on size... and can you please show me an example on TW blog (other worlds)

I looked at TW blog (for the first time) but didn't find any world-specific banner... there is just same thing everywhere (see spoiler)... or perhaps I'm looking at wrong place!

[SPOIL]
NobleThiscopy.png
[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

Malevolent, you mentioned it will be resized by the website, is that a increase in size or decrease? is max hight 300px? can you please be more specific on size... and can you please show me an example on TW blog (other worlds)

I looked at TW blog (for the first time) but didn't find any world-specific banner... there is just same thing everywhere (see spoiler)... or perhaps I'm looking at wrong place!

[SPOIL]
NobleThiscopy.png
[/SPOIL]

The image you are seeing is the image of Tribal Wars Blog as a whole.

An example image of one worlds personal banner is:
[spoil]
331hun5.png
[/spoil]
[spoil]
blooooooooooooo.png
[/spoil]
[spoil]
dddd.png
[/spoil]
^^ A special made one for the particular blog post
[spoil]
[/spoil]
[spoil]
w40blog12.jpg
[/spoil]

As you can see, the banners vary greatly - they are only displayed on the home page where the intro to each post is with the "continue reading" button is.

The blog will resize the image down so it fits on the page, if your purposefully designed it to be smaller then the blog will keep that sizing.

300px is the max height that I personally set. My program is currently broken so I cannot tell what height looks like it might be too high and such. If you feel that your image looks better over 300px then you can have it that way. Just remember that stupidly tall ones won't make the selection.