Congratulations OHYEAH!

DeletedUser

Thankfully AUG has some sense and would probably speak as a more reasoned representation for tutti.... i wouldn't listen to this kid, probably a player from epic or rust.. and we all know how good they were :)

DeletedUser

Also Majestic Manta i would like to point out, and this is with the utmost respect to both kudder (although now inactive) and tommo, and to all members of w2v, but you too have gained ranks, in a way that you have stated to be undeserved as a result of recruiting from a tribe which was overall awful. So i do think that this arguement that Majestic Manta is putting forward is a bit of pot kettle. If i have misunderstood what you meant in any post do say.

I don't believe W2V has EVER gained a rank via direct recruitment. Perhaps during JusT-'s collapse when we took a decent number of them in we gained a rank, otherwise, we never have.

I am not arguing that recruitment in and of itself is a bad thing, I am arguing the instantaneous gain of rank due to recruitment. (IE recruiting your way over the next highest tribe, Sheeps being an extreme example of this.)

DeletedUser

But you miss one point Majestic. You act as if ranking was a priority or even concern and we should probably not recruit Ahmed or Saurabh because oh no! - it would increase our ranking via recruitment!

Nobody even thought about that here.

And while we're at it, I'm not even happy with rank 2. I prefer playing in a tribe below rank 5. Gives more challenge for future. Defending top position is more dull then making plans to get it, at least for me. Not that I will now plan to reduce it, just my personal preferations. :)

DeletedUser

Not sure taking an example from what has to be considered the beginning of the world is really appropriate now, by taking in the worlds rank1 and 2 players, at the time, i think is similar to what we have done... whether you gained a rank or not i think is an irrelevant 'side affect'. it would be interesting to see the percentage points gained in comparison to the full tribe size, for both OHYEAH's recruitment of the three players previously mentioned, and W2v's recuritment of Kudder and Tommo at the time.

Wulrus.

DeletedUser

But you miss one point Majestic. You act as if ranking was a priority or even concern and we should probably not recruit Ahmed or Saurabh because oh no! - it would increase our ranking via recruitment!

Fail to see where I made this assertion.

@ Hahny, provide me with a list of who joined OHYEAH from CODE and I'll do it. Too lazy to look them all up.

But when they joined, Kudder/Tomm were worth 7.4mil points combined. Impossible to find the size of W2V at that time as far as I know.

DeletedUser

love being called a kid

haven't been called kid in so long thankyou haney for making my day. :icon_biggrin::icon_razz::icon_wink:

DeletedUser

haven't been called kid in so long thankyou haney for making my day. :icon_biggrin::icon_razz::icon_wink:

no worries dear. and i can work out the size at the tiime, you want me to take the size of W2V at the time kudder joined or tommo? one was 2 se[pt and the other 16 sept.

WUlrus

DeletedUser

no worries dear. and i can work out the size at the tiime, you want me to take the size of W2V at the time kudder joined or tommo? one was 2 se[pt and the other 16 sept.

WUlrus

Take the latter date please. Or earlier, your choice really. :p

DeletedUser

Fail to see where I made this assertion.

Because you're making a problem of it in a few pages of discussion?

You make this rant only because after we invited Ahmed and Saurabh it changed our position in rank by 1 place up. You wouldn't make it if it didn't.

Here is where we differ. For me any recruitment decission is equally good/bad whether or not it slightly changes the rank, simply because it doesn't matter at all. In my opinion, there are dozens of other factors that determine whether or not a player should be invited.

On the other hand for you its so important. You are discussing stuff that I never even thought anybody considers like, if the ranking changes "directly after recruitment, or indirectly" (in your earlier posts, cba to quote them again) etc. You then prove how W2V "NEVER increased the ranking via recruitment", which I assumed made you feel better about your tribe.

Note, that the recent change in our position in ranking was determined by 3 numbers: MoMs/our/W2V's points of top 40 players. For what I always thought, out of all these 3 numbers we can only affect one, our own. However, if there's any way we in OHYEAH could add some more points to your tribe and help you get back on second place, let me know. I will be glad to help, although I sincerely thought its impossible. :icon_sad:

Oh and by the way. Our current lead above W2V in ranking is only 3,3 million points. I'd like to know if you currently reject any player of size bigger then this gap, so you wouldn't gain ranking via recruitment? I recommend you do so, that is just so shameful!

DeletedUser

Oh and by the way. Our current lead above W2V in ranking is only 3,3 million points. I'd like to know if you currently reject any player of size bigger then this gap, so you wouldn't gain ranking via recruitment? I recommend you do so, that is just so shameful!

We were dialing up Bigjay. I guess I'll have to tell Roo to stop the invite telegram and send it pony express so we overtake you before we hug Haul!.

You're putting words/beliefs in my mouth. I never said OHYEAH did it to gain rank, I never said I believed they did. I SAID that their ascension to rank two was a direct result of their recruitment which = undeserved.

DeletedUser

I SAID that their ascension to rank two was a direct result of their recruitment which = undeserved.

Ok your right, we dont deserve rank two, we havnt proven ourselves like W2V has. You can take it back if you want. If you dont want the rank, then lets just leave things the way they are ok? ;-)

DeletedUser

You're putting words/beliefs in my mouth. I never said OHYEAH did it to gain rank, I never said I believed they did. I SAID that their ascension to rank two was a direct result of their recruitment which = undeserved.
I never said you said we recruited for ranking either :icon_wink:.

It confuses me why do you call our growth by winning two wars a "result of recruitment" as if there were no wars earlier?

However reading your comments it is apparent you have a lot of disrespect towards OHYEAH, what is the reason behind it is a mystery for me. Despite all that, I'd like to assure you your hard feelings are not mutual. We do have a lot of respect towards your tribe, and even if you take the second spot in the table again, none of us will flame you like you do now. :) Just FYI. Please keep on ranting, I'm done here. :)

DeletedUser

Here is the comment made on the first post of the thread about W2V getting the rank 2 spot:

It was your quite impressive work on the FARMA front that got you there, not recruitment, and it's something that I respect.

Let me go a little into W2V's situation and how they actually got the rank 2 spot.

2011-10-12 CODE 4. -44 -71,796,723
2011-10-11 CODE 2. =58 +95,762,452

2011-10-12 W2V 2. -53 +81,026,067
2011-10-11 W2V 3. +54 +80,713,807

It wasnt through hard work or warring that W2V got rank 2, it was through code failing, which is more to ohyeahs credit than W2Vs. So it is pretty pathetic when someone comes and criticizes OHYEAH's accession to 2nd place "because it was through recruitment" despite the fact that W2Vs was basically one by default. Nevertheless, I actually congratulated W2V regardless on this and didnt mention it to players who stated that W2V got the rank through hard work (which I suppose it was partially due to if one looks at long term causes). It is hypocritical though that you make this big fuss of OHYEAH not deserving the rank considering that OHYEAH have been in arguably just as if not more impressive wars than W2V (again, this is up to interpretation) who you conversely prised. And to anyone who seriously thinks that ex-haul! players were recruited because OHYEAH wanted to get rank two is seriously deluded and naive. Ohyeah's main gain wasnt the points, but a group of very strong and active players. Personally, I couldnt care less about the rank and its not something that can be deserved anyway...its completely to do with points.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser74275

Here is the comment made on the first post of the thread about W2V getting the rank 2 spot:

Let me go a little into W2V's situation and how they actually got the rank 2 spot.

2011-10-12 CODE 4. -44 -71,796,723
2011-10-11 CODE 2. =58 +95,762,452

2011-10-12 W2V 2. -53 +81,026,067
2011-10-11 W2V 3. +54 +80,713,807

It wasnt through hard work or warring that W2V got rank 2, it was through code failing, which is more to ohyeahs credit than W2Vs. So it is pretty pathetic when someone comes and criticizes OHYEAH's accession to 2nd place "because it was through recruitment" despite the fact that W2Vs was basically one by default. Nevertheless, I actually congratulated W2V regardless on this and didnt mention it to players who stated that W2V got the rank through hard work (which I suppose it was partially due to if one looks at long term causes). It is hypocritical though that you make this big fuss of OHYEAH not deserving the rank considering that OHYEAH have been in arguably just as if not more impressive wars than W2V (again, this is up to interpretation) who you conversely prised. And to anyone who seriously thinks that ex-haul! players were recruited because OHYEAH wanted to get rank two is seriously deluded and naive. Ohyeah's main gain wasnt the points, but a group of very strong and active players. Personally, I couldnt care less about the rank and its not something that can be deserved anyway...its completely to do with points.

Majestic Manta shouldve got the picture when rukoh-his duke and arguably the most respected player/leader on this world- didnt agree with Manta's jibberish which was written like a jealous little kid, "you only got to rank 2 because of recruitment, and that i do not respect" :lol:

you can have Rank 2 back whenever you want, we can pretend youre still rank 2 if it makes you feel a bit better about yourself? we dont care for rank, we care about winning wars with honour and with team work

as for the recruitment of Ahmed which seems to be the main thing getting your thong in a twist, he wanted to join OHYEAH mainly because of me, we wanted to fight alongside eachother since staging one of the bloodiest 1 v 1 battles this world has seen in a short space of time, respect was earnt both ways, thats how this game should work, im guessing you wouldve thrown toys out of the pram after seeing Ahmed's arsenal raining down on you

keep up the pnp though, at least youre actively here provoking responses, even if youre choosing to talk out of your rectum over your mouth

DeletedUser

Three ways to gain rank; the guys above you failing badly, getting a spurt through recruitment, or outpacing the guy above you. W2V has had cases of all three, as has OHYEAH (though most of OHYEAH's recruitment was two weeks ago instead of when they rose to rank 2), and in fact almost all tribes. If your recruitment doesn't cause a 'spurt', it will at least increase growth, and take away growth from other tribes. None of the ways to gain a rank are 'better', you need all three to have an interesting, fast-paced world. For example; if OHYEAH had gained their rank by having their top 40 internal and barbwhore their way into high growth, would that have been better? No. What about W2V failing, would that have been better? No thanks. :lol:

I'm perfectly fine with rank 3, OHYEAH have done as much if not more in this world as W2V has done. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter at all.

DeletedUser

Three ways to gain rank; the guys above you failing badly, getting a spurt through recruitment, or outpacing the guy above you. W2V has had cases of all three, as has OHYEAH (though most of OHYEAH's recruitment was two weeks ago instead of when they rose to rank 2), and in fact almost all tribes. If your recruitment doesn't cause a 'spurt', it will at least increase growth, and take away growth from other tribes. None of the ways to gain a rank are 'better', you need all three to have an interesting, fast-paced world. For example; if OHYEAH had gained their rank by having their top 40 internal and barbwhore their way into high growth, would that have been better? No. What about W2V failing, would that have been better? No thanks. :lol:

I'm perfectly fine with rank 3, OHYEAH have done as much if not more in this world as W2V has done. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter at all.

Not gonna lie, i think thats the perfect way to end this thread...

Wulrus( new forum account)
(previously Hahny)

DeletedUser99773

Not sure taking an example from what has to be considered the beginning of the world is really appropriate now, by taking in the worlds rank1 and 2 players, at the time, i think is similar to what we have done... whether you gained a rank or not i think is an irrelevant 'side affect'. it would be interesting to see the percentage points gained in comparison to the full tribe size, for both OHYEAH's recruitment of the three players previously mentioned, and W2v's recuritment of Kudder and Tommo at the time.

Wulrus.

(tommo). w2v did not just take me in i chose to join and it was a pretty harsh recruitment i think the same applies to Kuds too

DeletedUser

Can you explain that part, sorry, i don't really understand what you are saying... if you are saying that i should have said recruited instead of taking in, i do apologies.

Wulrus