Countdown to end game!

• Thread starter DeletedUser103075
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Talk to anyone who played this server who didn't spend time in Axte (not many)... they'll stand on my side of the argument - not yours. Perhaps my comments that Axte had done "nothing" (don't quite remember saying this, but I'll take your word for it) were a tad wrong, you have done something. I agree that Axte have "earned" their right to be the winners of this world, that doesn't mean I like it, nor does it mean that I won't comment on it. I can also now see that you're down to 69, as you've rightly pointed out: plenty of internalling has been done since I've left :icon_wink:.

SHEEPs vs Axte was only noticeable in the sense that it was a statement. My hunch tells me that it was probably due to both sides were using their family tribes to superstack the frontlines - as far as I can remember the front was very small, maybe 2.5k's long.

Sure, the SHEEP/Axte war was full of OD, I'm not sure the caps were high for either side - I'm tempted to say that Axte were edging it... and then a full merge of 4 family tribes (2 on either side) into a single, 1 sided, superfamily.

Did I miss something?

EDIT: Looked it up, looks like the conquers were somewhere around 548-517 to Axte, and that accounts to 1.7% of Axte's total conquers, major war right there.

Benc - Go and take better more 800points big barbarian villages and do not waste your time on this world forum, for U this world was big FAIL.. I know this world was your first world where u grow so big. ;) good luck on W56 .

DeletedUser103075

I would underline some facts and add some of my thoughts on them.

The merge of Sheeps and Axte has been provoked by Mind. No one wanted to end it like this when the war started, the leaders of Sheeps family came to us at that time when Mind tried to insert themselves in the war. We just have not been that dumb to refuse.

Regarding stacks during that war we also could not use all our stacks against sheeps (not saying this could have had influence in the war due to the skills of Sheeps commanders) cause we still feared that Nuke could insert themselves in the party, thing that never happen due to the lack of.. let's say braveness... of Nuke leadership.

Regarding MoM, from what I could see during my short permanence on W56, the tribe was build to be one of the best tribes of TW in early game.
And indeed it was the best tribe at early stages of the W, but clearly lacked of mid game strategy, as result of their start game decision to dominate 2 opposite Ks. I firmly believe that if MoM would have been built in a different form, the results could have been way different.

only 1 line of the no sense talking of Benc I would like to quote

EDIT: Looked it up, looks like the conquers were somewhere around 548-517 to Axte, and that accounts to 1.7% of Axte's total conquers, major war right there.

you are pathetic, trying to compare a war in a early\mid game to the total conquers of a tribe 2 years old.
(yes I'm insulting you personally, cause you ask for this when posting this kind of "stuff")

That was the war that decided the W, believed or not. 1065 conquers that decided the destiny of the W, everything that happened after was just the obvious outcome of that war, that's why it was the major.

I would like to add that taking 548 villages from Sheeps was an amazing result, especially considering size and skills involved on both sides.
Other merges were not made to win the W, they were just to finish it faster, and that was and is the game plan and all Axte members are aware of this.
Taking 1924 villages from the "first" Nuke, compared to that, was easier then stealing ice from an Eskimo in winter. It is clear that the Eskimo doesn't know what to do with all that ice, he wont give a s... even if you get there with a truck to steal it. Maybe he will bring excuses cause all his warriors were away hunting fishes, but he knows that even there they would have done nearly nothing to defend it, other then complaining of the lack of fishes in their tummies maybe.

Hope you like the similarities with Nuke story.

DeletedUser93822

Merging? What's the problem?

I don't understand the continual griping about Axte's merging. So what? It's a war game, a game of strategy. If getting your former enemies to join you is what it takes to get bigger and stronger, what's the problem? From what I've seen Axte has steadily and methodically marched across W51, section by section, even K by K - they apparently know what they're doing - and I say this as someone who is currently getting stomped into the mud by them :icon_cry:

If a tribe figures out a winning formula or strategy for success, why should they change because someone else (who isn't winning) doesn't like it?

DeletedUser103075

I'm glad to see someone "on the other side of the fence" with a mind clear to understand facts without personal grudges, kudos to you Oakspear

DeletedUser92806

:) Welcome to the market oakspear!

Accusing in hugging and merging as well as number of other propoganda is widely used in TW to make opponent look poor in public. It does help actually in early game stage, the tribes that flip on forums due to number of such "attacks" also get real issues on battlefield and real diplomacy. To be accused for plotting a gangbang, and as penalty getting a .. gangbang is a common practice. Merging and hugging is hottest subject, easy to use, since everybody invites members all the time.

Think it as of USA accusing Iraq for mass weapons as reason to noble, while USA has most of them compared to anybody else, (and the only country actually that has used nukes in war). Its totally makes no logic nor any sense. But it works.

Same with merging. The funny part behind BenC7 is that he hasnt noticed, that doing this so late in game can give no results, as all is decided already here. Assuming all I see from his posts and ingame results, I hardly doubt he has a master plan to write it all with idea to split Axte (the only thing that could make sense in his talking). He is just copy pasting the actions and talking of others from this world history, or other worlds, without any clue why and what the original propoganda masters were talking and attempting to do.

DeletedUser93822

A similar complaint that I see is how the game is "unfair" unless you co-play, play 24/7, use scripts, blah, blah, blah. Kind of like complaining that track meets are unfair to the runners who don't work out and practice.

W51 is the first one that I've been in for the long haul. Early on I decided to stick with this world no matter how many times I got rimmed (twice), no matter how hopeless it looked. And I'm glad that I did. I'm by no means a top ten quality player, but I've learned quite a bit about how to play the game just by sticking it out and learning what worked and what didn't, by the quality of my tribe mates and the quality of my enemies. And like they say in Monty Python and the Holy Grail "I'm not dead yet" :villagers:

DeletedUser

I would like drinking vodka or beer 24/7 it is unfair when I cant doing that. :(

DeletedUser93822

It is unfair that you are not sharing your beer and vodka

DeletedUser

Right on Boom. The external forum can be a great source of resources when used correctly. Especially in times of war. Not to mention it is fun bashing on the other tribe :lol:

A similar complaint that I see is how the game is "unfair" unless you co-play, play 24/7, use scripts, blah, blah, blah. Kind of like complaining that track meets are unfair to the runners who don't work out and practice.

W51 is the first one that I've been in for the long haul. Early on I decided to stick with this world no matter how many times I got rimmed (twice), no matter how hopeless it looked. And I'm glad that I did. I'm by no means a top ten quality player, but I've learned quite a bit about how to play the game just by sticking it out and learning what worked and what didn't, by the quality of my tribe mates and the quality of my enemies. And like they say in Monty Python and the Holy Grail "I'm not dead yet" :villagers:

Oakspear, you surely picked one of the harder world to stick with....lol. With the no support outside the tribe rule, it's hard to successfully take and hold a village. But you'll do just fine as there's always new things to learn in each world and with players that you play with, such as tricks, scripts, or even organization of the village to make it harder for people to take your village when you sleep. And even tho I'm ranked 3 in this world, I can tell you that I'm just your average every day player just have more time on my hand in the earlier stage of the game. Activeness can help cover for the lack of skills.. Yes I have no life :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

I don't understand the continual griping about Axte's merging. So what? It's a war game, a game of strategy. If getting your former enemies to join you is what it takes to get bigger and stronger, what's the problem? From what I've seen Axte has steadily and methodically marched across W51, section by section, even K by K - they apparently know what they're doing - and I say this as someone who is currently getting stomped into the mud by them :icon_cry:

If a tribe figures out a winning formula or strategy for success, why should they change because someone else (who isn't winning) doesn't like it?

Someone's looking for an invite :icon_wink: jk

DeletedUser

Regarding stacks during tat war we also could not use all our stacks against sheeps (not saying this could have had influence in the war due to the skills of Sheeps commanders) cause we still feared that Nuke could insert themselves in the party, thing that never happen due to the lack of.. let's say braveness... of Nuke leadership.

Just gonna say about this, the reason we never jumped in was due to bad timing really. People leaving the world etc (sure you stomped us yadayada). Never a lack of braveness.

And all this chatting about merges is kind of stupid. Yes its not how certain people would want to win. But they did it, and they won. Good game and whatnot.

laserbrain

Yes, oakspear, diplomacy / pen is a major part of TW. Thanks for making your point, it was well received. A mixture of wisdom and might on the battlefield is required for victory. This is what makes the game so rich!

Anyone that does not benefit from the best of the defeated tribe are either stupid or over arrogant. Sometimes people say that they wish to remain with a finite crew and therefore do not wish to embrace new members - This indeed makes sense but in reality people leave and therefore new members are required. NUKE lost lots of people and it caused their downfall, so one must be aware of ways to boost their ranks!

Vodka too is very important, and a patient wife.

Laser ;)

DeletedUser

I agree with the need to replace ones that leave etc. But is that comparable to what Axtte did? i dunnay but hey, how long left on this world?

DeletedUser

I agree with the need to replace ones that leave etc. But is that comparable to what Axtte did? i dunnay but hey, how long left on this world?

612 players still yet.. :) We have done a lot of great job, just need to kill last players and all will be done

DeletedUser

Well hai guys!

SO are you gonna hit the 80% in hte next 5 days and close the world?

Muffy/The woolly Bully

DeletedUser

Wooo apparently I made a good decision when I left a year and a half ago.

DeletedUser103075

05/03/2012

Total owned villages 58,681

Owned by Axte F. 38,652

Current % 65.86799815954057

Owned vills missing to 70% 2,424
Owned vills missing to 85% 11,226

70% will be reached based on last week noblings (530 owned vills taken, 131 barbs)
about approx 32 days 06/04/2012

85% will be in 144 days 26/07/2012

we got 85% on the 24/08/2012, just saying :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Congratulations Axte :)

Ignore the haters. They're just jealous :icon_wink:

-CtB (once upon a time co-Duke of SHEEPS)