Countdown to the End of the World

DeletedUser

If you're bored, then post the remaining players & or tribes. Periodically, when enough data points are gathered, I/someone will post an updated graph :icon_biggrin:

Date: 07/04/2009
Time: 9:20:40
players: 11742
tribes: 827

deadsocks

posted by me on 2009, February 22nd, 18:52 - a few hours after the world was closed:
Pretty big news and I didn't see an existing thread or news about this so;
On the worlds page of the forums:
World 24 World closed for joining
It's all over!
We have 20,887 players, and counting down!
Isn't it amazing how in just a month and a half, we've lost over 9,000 players?

DeletedUser

yes it is alot of ppl have fallen some great some not but still alot of ppl

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

posted by me on 2009, February 22nd, 18:52 - a few hours after the world was closed:

Isn't it amazing how in just a month and a half, we've lost over 9,000 players?

guess i couldve revived that thread instead of makin a new one...unfortunately my memory sucks lol

DeletedUser

It's funny, 8 months in and the world is winding down to finish

When I started playing people would still be joining 8 months in

I wonder what the lifespan of this world is going to be like compared to world 2. I mean I joined world 2 late - 6 months late - and still started in K77. Surely slow player growth leads to a longer world?

DeletedUser54677

I wonder what the lifespan of this world is going to be like compared to world 2. I mean I joined world 2 late - 6 months late - and still started in K77. Surely slow player growth leads to a longer world?

Their speed is also 1. We have 1.5.

And I started in K7 in November. :)

deadsocks

I don't want for this world to end. Where does everyone go when the server is won? What do they do all day? Does the whole crowd just jump onto the next world and start again? Do they get withdrawal symptoms, do they get depressed, do they mourn their tribemates?

DeletedUser54677

I don't want for this world to end. Where does everyone go when the server is won? What do they do all day? Does the whole crowd just jump onto the next world and start again? Do they get withdrawal symptoms, do they get depressed, do they mourn their tribemates?

I say we all petition for a W24 clone.

DeletedUser54677

Nope

24 is almost a world 2 remake

My mistake. :icon_redface: I was reading a different world's settings and got sidetracked.

W2: Speed 1.5, Troop speed .666-

Some of the settings are the same, but a W24 clone is still better in my opinion.

DeletedUser33250

Was TribalWars as popular ,as it is now, back then, were people as smart and fast and experienced back then?
I think this world will still be going on for a few more years yet, there's life in the old dog still.

DeletedUser

signing this here won't do any good, we tried to do the same with the BOOB name change, and the mod said that doing it here is pointless, we have to do something ingame, or mail some admins, i dunno.

deadsocks

well, the thing is with this petition is I think most of the people who'd be signing it would agree that it is very, very unlikely that any kind-hearted modly types would create a complete replica of world 24...

The Great 1One1

I don't think any petition is needed to sign for a while yet as there hasn't been a world to finish despite it running for around 3 (i think?) years.

ravensbane3468

you can't remake 24. The people are what made 24 what it is, and without the same people, starting at the same time, it won't be the same. Just enjoy the ride.

Not to say that a world with similar settings wouldn't be enjoyable, it just wouldn't be "24".

There have been other worlds with similar settings which were fun also.

DeletedUser

If it's got the W24 settings, and has the W24 forum-goers, then by god, it'll be a new W24. :icon_razz: