{CuzI'mBored} Top-40 Evaluation

DeletedUser

congrats on your tribe finally starting to fight..it only took a month. 23 villages in a week and it took you 3 weeks before that to take like 5. well, at least you guys are actually fighting a war now :)

DeletedUser

DTATDM is full of it, if they were inactive they wouldn't fight back, they wouldn't reply, they wouldn't let us sit their accounts and look at the forums because they're so sick of how DT runs things. REL is not loyal to DT, they are loyal to the points and to the idea of REL, if they were in tribes with leadership that cared for their members, then they would probably put up more of a fight. They're sick of a dictatorship, and I would be too (I'm one of the lucky ones with a couple of dukes and several barons, we have a diverse range of leadership positions and everyone has a say and is welcome to their own opinion). If REL is to remain a no.1 tribe, their leadership needs to change.

I for one am totally loyal to DTATDM and all the barons.
And just to let you know since I guess you are oblivious to something call The Tribal Profile IF you were to look at REL's you would see the there are 3-5 barons. For only having one duke I think that is a good thing as otherwise half of the tribe would be loyal to 1 and half to the other. That would then create dissention within the tribe. With 1 duke you are either loyal or not loyal. And I for one think that if you are not loyal to REL and DTATDM then you can leave here and now.
Also for this talk about K47 players being inactive.
They have just started asking for support now.
It seems that many of the players near LHD and FEAR have some strong personal allies within these tribes and refuse to attack them in ops. I for one am not sure how loyal they are. Infact as i have seen many have left to join the enemy. And guess what?!? If I was DTATDM I would not let them back into REL when we get to their villages. If they reall wanted to be a part of the best tribe in REL then they should have stayed and risked being rimmed and just built up out there. However if they HAD stayed they would have gotten support. They really never gave the tribe a chance to respond and send support. Within an hour or so they left and I had to send out a circular mail that contradicted the one that I had sent out before saying not to support this player or that player because they were now in an ENEMY tribe!!

DeletedUser4616

Note: the following will be biased. If you disagree with a view, then make your own post so that different views can be shown. Don't just say "No, you're wrong, btw I hate that metaphor, it's too cliche`" - show me how you'd like it to be seen rather than just say my view is wrong, believe it or not, that's how I see it.

excellent post. finally - some high quality P&P on this forum. props to you.

i dont necessarily agree with you on quite a few points and on others - i have no idea and cant comment one way or another. i'd love to post a counter-evaluation, but given my long absence this will probably need to wait for some time.

once again - gratz on a thoroughly informative post.

DeletedUser

congrats on your tribe finally starting to fight..it only took a month. 23 villages in a week and it took you 3 weeks before that to take like 5. well, at least you guys are actually fighting a war now :)

Exams come first :)

DeletedUser

I for one am totally loyal to DTATDM and all the barons.
And just to let you know since I guess you are oblivious to something call The Tribal Profile IF you were to look at REL's you would see the there are 3-5 barons. For only having one duke I think that is a good thing as otherwise half of the tribe would be loyal to 1 and half to the other. That would then create dissention within the tribe. With 1 duke you are either loyal or not loyal. And I for one think that if you are not loyal to REL and DTATDM then you can leave here and now.
Also for this talk about K47 players being inactive.
They have just started asking for support now.
It seems that many of the players near LHD and FEAR have some strong personal allies within these tribes and refuse to attack them in ops. I for one am not sure how loyal they are. Infact as i have seen many have left to join the enemy. And guess what?!? If I was DTATDM I would not let them back into REL when we get to their villages. If they reall wanted to be a part of the best tribe in REL then they should have stayed and risked being rimmed and just built up out there. However if they HAD stayed they would have gotten support. They really never gave the tribe a chance to respond and send support. Within an hour or so they left and I had to send out a circular mail that contradicted the one that I had sent out before saying not to support this player or that player because they were now in an ENEMY tribe!!

You were the defensive coordinator... don't think I didn't see all of those "would you abandon your tribe?" questions in those mundane "support these players" posts that you sent out every single day. Damn you must have hated your job. If you want a tribe to work well, get them using the damn forums, split the defensive section up into Ks and then everyone checks their own K and neighboring Ks for anyone that needs help and they don't just send 100 sw/sp or 500 sw/sp, they send as much as they can without putting themselves at risk. You can't call someone disloyal because they were told to support someone that they couldn't afford to support (because everyone has their own issues and their battles and some people just don't have more defensive troops than they need because they're an offensive player).

And you can't say anything about the rest of the tribe's loyalty, you were (and may still be for all I know and care) one of the chosen few.

By the way, more than 1 duke... it works. Look at [DT]. There is no egotistical maniac in control, it's a council of intelligent players that have similar ideals. Some may not be suited to diplomacy, because they're too aggressive, some may not be suited to booting inactive members because they're not aggressive enough, but altogether, the team make the tribe run very smoothly and can function fine in the absence of one. I don't care if REL has 3-5 barons (what? you don't even know how many there are?), Sir Victor and W!NNER aren't really what you could consider good barons... not from what I saw when I looked at the forums in REL. Jaaz had something going with the post I saw (the one I remembered) from him, he'd make a great replacement for DTATDM I think... but I'm going off-topic here...

The real point that I had to make is this... if you have only one duke, then he/she has all of the power. If one player has all of the power, then you have (arguably) maniacal rulers such as Hitler and Stalin and ... everyone knows where I'm going here... DTATDM. You want world 8 to yourself and want to use people to that end, fine. Just don't expect for your worshipers to leave you when we tell them what's going on. I for one know that tribes with loyalty don't need all of the propaganda letters sent out to the tribe (including the template-made mail that asks for support for members that are "inactive" or "not loyal" in the first place :icon_rolleyes:).

By the way, players that have been attacked for this long and only now ask for support aren't the kind of players you need in the tribe, players that are active enough to ask for support when the first attack is sent off that can give you a detailed report of which villages have sent the attacks, which are sending the attacks and which ones are nobles and which are fakes - these are the kind you need. If your players can't give you an exact time for support to arrive by, then why bother sending support at all? It just ends up preventing any recapture of the village/s stolen.

Anyway, I'm sick of this already, I made an evaluation, make your own or don't get yourself involved in a conversation that you weren't invited or welcome to enter.

By the way, just because I got a single 1-1.5k village on K37 doesn't mean that Big Dave has to move to CEG because it has a NAP with [DT] - that's cowardice, oh... and disloyal :icon_eek:. I'm sick of my targets going blue and purple without being nobled... I want red until the villages have been taken by force.

Quix got the main point of the post... "biased" is the key word there... it is biased.

pe the huge;

"thanks for the compliments

although I'm not sure wheter we deserve them... we still have to prove ourselves on the battlefield..."

I can't find anything bad to say, not a compliment, just a fact. You guys aren't really big propaganda posters (at least, not about your own tribe), so I know quite little about you being from a region far from WaC?

DeletedUser

I'd recheck the stats page.

Sorry, I didn't check the stats before this, it took 4 hrs as it was (on and off, doing tw stuff, eating, etc.).

But if you won't make a correction to it yourself (either by posting an edited version or an entirely new one), then I'll leave it as it is.

By the way, if you've got any more loose cannons (not naming names here or pointing fingers, just saying there is one that's gotten a portion of [DT] quite infuriated), point them in the direction of North instead of your allies if you expect to win this war .

DeletedUser1113

For the record, only having one duke in the tribe is not necessarily a bad thing. I ran things like that in CLOROX for a good while, and as long as you have the proper playerbase it works just fine.

It's not the number of dukes that make the impact on the tribe, it's what the duke(s) does, or doesn't do.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I didn't check the stats before this, it took 4 hrs as it was (on and off, doing tw stuff, eating, etc.).

But if you won't make a correction to it yourself (either by posting an edited version or an entirely new one), then I'll leave it as it is.

By the way, if you've got any more loose cannons (not naming names here or pointing fingers, just saying there is one that's gotten a portion of [DT] quite infuriated), point them in the direction of North instead of your allies if you expect to win this war .

:icon_eek: I'm not worthy. But I did notice Mr Kiwi's post hit rock bottom fairly early on and they've been quiet since quite a fair few villages changed in the past 3 days and I noticed Rawi has jumped into KNT :icon_eek:

I do however appreciate the 4 hours you spent :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3967

Whats your point witheringxuponxlove?

Seems you have a lotta love for me?

But i'm afraid I don't swing that way.

DeletedUser

Withering I think you did as great of a job as any single one player could have in evaluating each tribe. Of course it will be biased and some things incorrect, there's no way for any single players to know everything about there is to know about the top 30 tribes. It was an interesting read and nice to see another persons perspective upon those tribes.

I personally don't think FEAR's no official diplomacy will hurt them, they are a very good tribe and will go far with their present leadership and style of play. Anyways, they are willing to create unofficial alliances and NAP's and are able to recognize when and with who they should. Arts works more closely with them than with any tribe we have official diplomacy with and more than most any tribe does with their official alliances.

I won't say much as oblomovo has already commented upon it, but we are in no way even a semi-elite tribe and it is unlikely we ever will be. Maybe I will get around to writing a short evaluation of us, but I am very lazy and it is also pretty unlikely.

P.S. DTA you said you'd respond to my answers of your questions, but you never did. It's not a big deal though feel free to just talk to warlord if you'd prefer, I believe the two of us have the same or similar opinions on those matters.

DeletedUser

#1 2007,December 13th, 05:35 Top

Side 1: North

Side 2: Suigen

Timeframe: Forever

Side 1: Total conquers: 387
Side 2: Total conquers: 2954
Difference: Total conquers: 2567

Side 1: Total conquers against other side: 31
Side 2: Total conquers against other side: 15
Difference: Total conquers against other side: 16

Side 1: Total conquers points value: 1,685,092
Side 2: Total conquers points value: 12,527,718
Difference: Total conquers points value: 10,842,626

Side 1: Total conquers against other side points value: 192,482
Side 2: Total conquers against other side points value: 105,392
Difference: Total conquers against other side points value: 87,090

And I'd just like to point out it's the last three days.

DeletedUser3967

Withering I think you did as great of a job as any single one player could have in evaluating each tribe. Of course it will be biased and some things incorrect, there's no way for any single players to know everything about there is to know about the top 30 tribes. It was an interesting read and nice to see another persons perspective upon those tribes.

I personally don't think FEAR's no official diplomacy will hurt them, they are a very good tribe and will go far with their present leadership and style of play. Anyways, they are willing to create unofficial alliances and NAP's and are able to recognize when and with who they should. Arts works more closely with them than with any tribe we have official diplomacy with and more than most any tribe does with their official alliances.

I won't say much as oblomovo has already commented upon it, but we are in no way even a semi-elite tribe and it is unlikely we ever will be. Maybe I will get around to writing a short evaluation of us, but I am very lazy and it is also pretty unlikely.

P.S. DTA you said you'd respond to my answers of your questions, but you never did. It's not a big deal though feel free to just talk to warlord if you'd prefer, I believe the two of us have the same or similar opinions on those matters.

Good point, it wasn't intentional, but I have been talking to Warlord.

I've had a lot to deal with as of late..

PsychoFanatic

I suppose i shall make my post in this thread.

In Response to DTA: having one duke all the time is in general not always better for a tribe as having only one leader means basically what you say is law and plus theres always the possibility of well what if you lose your account/leave the game etc, if theres no other duke then everyones stuck being a baron which can make things difficult for tribes.

Secondly: I cba to write up my own examination and besides i'm entirely too biased to write it tbh.

DeletedUser

Damn, he quoted me :(

He lies!!!

Wait, it's true!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In Response to DTA: having one duke all the time is in general not always better for a tribe as having only one leader means basically what you say is law and plus theres always the possibility of well what if you lose your account/leave the game etc, if theres no other duke then everyones stuck being a baron which can make things difficult for tribes.

Secondly: I cba to write up my own examination and besides i'm entirely too biased to write it tbh.

not true, with THE us barons have our say, JP has his, then we al agree JP was right. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser3967

At the start of this world, running the tribe was simple, fun and pretty easy to be honest. Originally Bgone from W4 was supposed to be co duke with me, but he became inactive and kinda ruined the set up.

You are correct though, I have made mistakes, I have made decisions which have put players at risk.

I am well aware of this and I have been seeking council from my barons for advice for sometime now. It has been a long time since I made a call on my own, without discussing it with my barons, specifically Jaaz.

With the world as it is now, and the current position REL is in, I do need help to run my tribe. I do have a life too and I can't be on TW 24/7; though sometimes I feel like I am..

I have put things in place to make the leadership in REL more fair, more democratic and less.. what you say.. dictatorship style..

I do take advice and listen to my players, like every duke does. I change rules, when they need to be changed and I make it easier for the tribe as a whole (or I try to).

But people make mistakes. I am only human, just like you all.

At the end of the day, I am in TW & W8 to have fun and to be de bestest :)

DeletedUser

I can attest that it's not always easy to remain a just and noble leader of a big tribe when you've got leaders from other tribes making demands, a hundred little kids screaming at you, threatening you, begging for support and/or mercy, asking for diplomacy, and a thousand other things that you just don't want to deal with. For a while, I was catching myself snapping at people and berating them for wasting my time. It's easy to forget sometimes that it's only a game and not worth getting worked up over. So I'm trying to get back to my mellow, sarcastic self again. It's much more fun this way.

The key, I have found, is to have Barons that are smart and honest and trustworthy. The Duke can't make every decision by himself. As long as you pick good people to help with the work (and then get out of their way and let them do it) everything should be OK. Experience in the game doesn't mean much if someone was a dick or stupid to being with.

DeletedUser19793

i cant believe i read all that...anyway..you might want to add (to the guide on page 5)

xDEx- were doing good against CEG considering that their allies werent really helping much and they were pulling msot of he load. and that having members in K36 wasnt such a great idea.

FEAR- what determines their downfall is if their uninhibited growth rate allows them to grow enough. if they dont grow enough their no allies policy may be their downfall, if they grow enough then they will be powerful enough to survive without allies.

REL- May seem like giants and great players but their leader isnt level headed and breaks under pressure.

LHD- are pretty much mass invited and not going to go far, but they will hold their own for a while. after a while though their players will have to resort to catching abandoneds due to lack of player expansion availability. but they do provide a meat shield for the REL enemy FEAR. if FEAR plans right they can use this to their advantage and get rid of those spare REL around and get that cluster to their east.