Discussion: Holiday attack breaks and support unavailability

MR.MR

The breaks only affect attacks.

I know it has been discussed in the past, but I do feel that there should be some sort of block on support launching/landing as well, such a pain to begin to break a player only to give them the few days to get walls rebuilt and restack/reorganize their frontline... sort of discourages tribes from launching massive ops over the next 3 weeks as we lead into christmas...

DeletedUser85953

Yet again, those that do not subscribe to christian values are penalised - there are no such breaks to accommodate other religions around the world,where their practises can be even more restrictive than the christian faiths.
This is a GLOBAL game, so saying that 'moderators' (eg) need a break does not stand up to scrutiny. Neither does the point of 'having a break' (see first sentence).
I am western european, born and bred a christian, and now an atheist, which now is a VERY large minority (church claim), and we should not be subjected to the ramifications of an overly-influenced christian calendar...

How many christians work on the sabbath? (small case deliberate) - how many work christmas Day? Howmany christians work Easter?

If any of the last three questions comes up with NONE, then I will withdraw my objection, an give an unreserved apology.

Lol, I have a friend who is a Pastafarian. Believes in the giant spaghetti monster in the sky.
He would also be sad about his 363 religious days a year not being adhered to.

DeletedUser

Yet again, those that do not subscribe to christian values are penalised - there are no such breaks to accommodate other religions around the world, where their practises can be even more restrictive than the christian faiths.
This is a GLOBAL game, so saying that 'moderators' (eg) need a break does not stand up to scrutiny. Neither does the point of 'having a break' (see first sentence).
I am western European, born and bred a christian, and now an atheist, which now is a VERY large minority (church claim), and we should not be subjected to the ramifications of an overly-influenced christian calendar...

How many christians work on the sabbath? (small case deliberate) - how many work Christmas Day? How many christians work Easter?

If any of the last three questions comes up with NONE, then I will withdraw my objection, an give an unreserved apology.

So you don't celebrate Christmas then? No presents under your tree? I know more than my fair share of atheists, but I've yet to meet one that doesn't celebrate Christmas.

Lol, I have a friend who is a Pastafarian. Believes in the giant spaghetti monster in the sky.
He would also be sad about his 363 religious days a year not being adhered to.

I bet your friend still gets presents and gives them though, right?

Christmas is not only about religion - Winter festivities existed long before even the Old Testament. The whole point of the attack break is that in the western world, the vast, vast majority of people have a holiday (and commercially, this holiday is advertised as "Christmas"). Whether they spend that holiday celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ, celebrating Yule, or simply celebrating family, it's still a holiday, and one for which the vast majority of people have voted for an attack break every time it has been put to a vote. What it means to you doesn't really matter - I'm not religious, but I believe in any reason to gather together your family and have a good time.

If you're trolling that's.... great. You keep trolling if that's what makes you happy. If you actually have a problem with an attack break at christmas because you "don't agree with the conformity of a multi-cultural society to one religion", Seriously, get out, go see some friends, and have a nice time. The world is far too small for that sort of attitude.

EDIT:

I know it has been discussed in the past, but I do feel that there should be some sort of block on support launching/landing as well, such a pain to begin to break a player only to give them the few days to get walls rebuilt and restack/reorganize their frontline... sort of discourages tribes from launching massive ops over the next 3 weeks as we lead into christmas...

On the contrary, many tribes have been known in the past to have launched massive ops in the last few hours before the attack break, successfully taking large swathes of villages with no chance of retaliation. It's just another part of the game, whether it's an obstacle or a tactical advantage is entirely up to how you respond to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know a guy that doesn't celebrate Christmas and does not get presents!

He does get them at New Year though.

/gets a feeling he is not helping.
/leaves.

DeletedUser

Will TW be compensating those of us who have activated premium that will be wasted as we cant send attacks during the 'break' ?

I seem to recall they did so last time be nice to have confirmation the same will happen this year

Thanks

DeletedUser95758

Can you attack barbarian villages (so those still active can farm?)

that way people who actually spend the time can still grow and do stuff.

DeletedUser

No, during the attack breaks any attack that you send will turn into a visit.

That is, any attack. You can try to farm if you want, but you wont get any res.

DeletedUser

Generally things like Christmas and so forth are public holidays (depending on the region but majority is), regardless of any religious opinions they are in most places national "breaks" from business and trade. As Tribal Wars is a business, it makes perfect sense to have a break period not only for the customers but the staff too.

I have always believed the holiday attack breaks are good. If you are one of the people who can't live without the game for 24-48 hours, then see this as an opportunity. There this thing, it's called: "The Sun", I hear it's pretty neat and worth looking into (figuratively speaking, do not take it literally).

DeletedUser

I see the headlines now;

'Tribal Wars Staff Cause Children To Lose Eyesight.'

DeletedUser

IM not sure if TsT was talking about being given 2 days PA by TW or that with the attack break he will have 2 days free from playing TW

Im waiting for an official response on my query

DeletedUser

I have no idea. Do we get free PA at xmas? That should answer the question :p

If he meant two days free, surely he has more, no? The initial attack break is 3 days, so..

DeletedUser

The attack breaks should freeze completely all production, as it's unfair if you've cleared your local 15x15, they get the time to rebuild wall and troops. Attack break is a brilliant idea, I know I won't be on, on christmas day or boxing day, as I will be working most likely.

i completely agree as im at war with someone and this is going give him a good time to rebuild after i worked my ass off to take him out... now im going be at a disadvantage because 90% of my resources are farmed ... worst idea if your not freezing EVERYTHING... simply not attacks is enough.

DeletedUser

The amount you can rebuild in two days is not going to turn the tide of any war. The amount you can destroy in two days would.