Discussion: Holiday attack breaks and support unavailability

DeletedUser99713

it is nice for me so I do not have to worry about it so I can spend time with my family

DeletedUser

Yay a few days to be able to build my wall back up so it can be knocked down again afterwards

DeletedUser

Inb4antiChristianityrant.
Oops, too late.

Every year this thread gets the same reaction from dorks wanting an Alvistime break, because they aren't Christian.
Always a good laugh, especially when they return to justify themselves.
*grabs popcorn*

DeletedUser

Yet again, those that do not subscribe to christian values are penalised - there are no such breaks to accommodate other religions around the world, where their practises can be even more restrictive than the christian faiths.
This is a GLOBAL game, so saying that 'moderators' (eg) need a break does not stand up to scrutiny. Neither does the point of 'having a break' (see first sentence).
I am western European, born and bred a christian, and now an atheist, which now is a VERY large minority (church claim), and we should not be subjected to the ramifications of an overly-influenced christian calendar...

How many christians work on the sabbath? (small case deliberate) - how many work Christmas Day? How many christians work Easter?

If any of the last three questions comes up with NONE, then I will withdraw my objection, an give an unreserved apology.

Symbol30 is not Christian and does not celebrate Christmas, however Symbol30 does not feel penalized because others do believe and celebrate a holiday. Christmas has become more of holiday celebrated more for family and friends than a religious holiday anyway, and yes I know many people that are not Christians that celebrate Christmas.

As for working the Sabbath, being that Symbol30 too grew up Christian, but will refrain from divulging Symbol30's current beliefs, Symbol30 never grew up even in church reading or learning that one does not work on the Sabbath more that one should rest and reflect on the Sabbath as God did. If one is looking towards Christmas as a religious holiday, as you are, then Christmas is a celebration of the birth of a teacher of great lessons of peace, love, and understanding. Whether one believes this man was the Messiah or the son of God, or just a man, these are still 3 values that no matter what belief system one holds, this is still values that ALL can and should follow.

Again, Symbol30 is in no way, shape, or form Christian. Symbol30 does not believe that Jesus was the son of God, nor that there is a God that looks over Symbol30. What Symbol30 does believe is what is taught, not only in the Christian and Jewish scrolls, but those from the Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and any other religious text that teaches to hold peace, love, and understanding in one's heart. This is what Christmas is, so no one is being penalized and besides, Tribal Wars is a game, don't like the rules or the decisions made, play another game or create your own.

DeletedUser

For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

- Exodus 31:15

DeletedUser

For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

Except you don't get killed on the Sabbath. Support is off that day. Wait until Monday for your execution, you filthy workaholics.

DeletedUser

Symbol30 is not Christian and does not celebrate Christmas, however Symbol30 does not feel penalized because others do believe and celebrate a holiday. Christmas has become more of holiday celebrated more for family and friends than a religious holiday anyway, and yes I know many people that are not Christians that celebrate Christmas.

As for working the Sabbath, being that Symbol30 too grew up Christian, but will refrain from divulging Symbol30's current beliefs, Symbol30 never grew up even in church reading or learning that one does not work on the Sabbath more that one should rest and reflect on the Sabbath as God did. If one is looking towards Christmas as a religious holiday, as you are, then Christmas is a celebration of the birth of a teacher of great lessons of peace, love, and understanding. Whether one believes this man was the Messiah or the son of God, or just a man, these are still 3 values that no matter what belief system one holds, this is still values that ALL can and should follow.

Again, Symbol30 is in no way, shape, or form Christian. Symbol30 does not believe that Jesus was the son of God, nor that there is a God that looks over Symbol30. What Symbol30 does believe is what is taught, not only in the Christian and Jewish scrolls, but those from the Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and any other religious text that teaches to hold peace, love, and understanding in one's heart. This is what Christmas is, so no one is being penalized and besides, Tribal Wars is a game, don't like the rules or the decisions made, play another game or create your own.

People would take you seriously if you weren't so pretentious as to refer to yourself in 3rd person.

DeletedUser

People would take you seriously if you weren't so pretentious as to refer to yourself in 3rd person.

Symbol30 speaks in "3rd person" not to "entertain" but because this is the role in which Symbol30 plays. If one meets Symbol30 in a way that there is not a picture of a zombie hamster or hamster beside Symbol30's name then one might actually "hear" Symbol30 speak differently. Within the Tribal Wars community, NO ONE, not even Symbol30's tribemates shall hear Symbol30 refer to Symbol30 in "1st" person.

So if SirEwok or any other can not get past Symbol30's way of speech to see the message, then maybe it's not Symbol30 that is the problem, maybe it actually is the other person who can not see the message within.

DeletedUser

The Magnus is the only one that may refer to himself in 3rd person.

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This is a GLOBAL game, so saying that 'moderators' (eg) need a break does not stand up to scrutiny. Neither does the point of 'having a break' (see first sentence).
I'm just going to point out that with all the work the moderators do, I'm sure they do need a break. It could be at some random time in the year, or it could be at a convenient time when they'll want to spend more time than usual with their families and close friends. What time of the year do you propose?

On the contrary, many tribes have been known in the past to have launched massive ops in the last few hours before the attack break, successfully taking large swathes of villages with no chance of retaliation. It's just another part of the game, whether it's an obstacle or a tactical advantage is entirely up to how you respond to it.
Or launch in the windows when you can attack. People will probably think they're safe and so not pay attention to their accounts.

And even that list is incomplete...
^This. Not only is it incomplete, it's very incomplete. Of the 8 major Pagan holidays determined by the sun, only two are listed. Of the 13 esbats (26-ish for those who celebrate the new moon too), none are listed. Also, Day of the Dead used to be celebrated over an entire month. So should anyone of Aztec descent demand an entire month of attack breaks for this?

If people are going to complain about the Christmas attack break, why not New Years too? This one usually isn't put into dispute even though the Gregorian calendar is definitely Christian-centric. We should demand an attack break for the new year in every world calendar! This is an outrage! We should all sue InnoGames! (And I really hope people get the sarcasm in this paragraph, but some posters in this thread probably won't. >.<)

DeletedUser101448

Yayyyy for christmas break....

And also;

Symbol30 needs to work on Symbol30's 3rd person writing skills, as I see Symbol30 writing in the 1st person. :lol:

DeletedUser

still waiting for an official response on if players with premium activated over the attack breaks will receive compensation as they cant send any attacks

would appreciate a reply soon as my premium expires shortly and if we wont get compensated I will have to do without until after the breaks as I dont want to waste over 10% of the premium I paid for

A humble player

still waiting for an official response on if players with premium activated over the attack breaks will receive compensation as they cant send any attacks

would appreciate a reply soon as my premium expires shortly and if we wont get compensated I will have to do without until after the breaks as I dont want to waste over 10% of the premium I paid for

You always get free premium over the breaks (or you have the last 4ish years)

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Mark 2:27

<3

DeletedUser

You always get free premium over the breaks (or you have the last 4ish years)

I recall we did last year but always seemed a little unfair those who dont normally buy preemium get it free those who had premium just get it to replace the premum they activated but couldnt use

still Im still waiting confirmation of TW I will get compensation for activated premium I cant use during attack breaks

A humble player

I recall we did last year but always seemed a little unfair those who dont normally buy preemium get it free those who had premium just get it to replace the premum they activated but couldnt use

still Im still waiting confirmation of TW I will get compensation for activated premium I cant use during attack breaks

Meaning everyone gets 3 free days (or however many). I fail to see your point.

DeletedUser

I think he's saying he effectively wants 3 days more than those that don't normally buy PP, for some reason.

DeletedUser

All Im asking is that if I activate 28 days worth of premium I will get 3 days worth of premium as compensation for the days the attack break last , Whilst you can use some of the premium features during the attack break such as building troops/village you cant use the extra attack features and lets be honest the games called Tribal Wars not Build a Village If theres going to be no compensation thats fine but please let us know BEFORE we activate 28 days of premium

Its looking like I may need to send in a support ticket as my premium expires shortly

DeletedUser

Yayyyy for christmas break....

And also;

Symbol30 needs to work on Symbol30's 3rd person writing skills, as I see Symbol30 writing in the 1st person. :lol:

I know the great Symbol30 and I assure you he was drunk and failed. Either that or a penguin hacked his account and is trying very poorly to imitate Symbol30. And if that is the case then the predictions of the world ending 12/21/2012 are not true and is actually happening 12/21/2011.