Discussion: Holiday attack breaks and support unavailability

DeletedUser

It only really makes sense from a war point of view. What about the player who isn't in a war that just wants to grow over christmas? The player that doesn't celebrate christmas that just wants to reach his acad (~for example).

DeletedUser101448

If less than a week destroys an entire op, it wasn't a very good op in the first place. :icon_neutral:
How come nobody has realised the obvious tactical advantage here? *Noble deep in enemy territory* *Stack said villages* gives time to rebuild wall, and begin a nuke and nobles..... if an entire tribe did this with 3-4 vills each, they wouldn't be able to use the attack break to stack the frontline.... Ta-da! Villages come unstacked.

So people can rebuild their walls too? Maybe don't smash someones wall without nobling them right before the break.
This happens every year, and I don't see a reason to change it now just because people didn't plan ahead. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Hmm... I kinda like attack breaks. It gives a chance to rebuild nukes after a cold-hard war.

DeletedUser

For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

- Exodus 31:15

As Jesus was accused for healing on Sabbath??????

DeletedUser93408

urgh!! i want to attack somebody but it became visit!! lol

nightmare1967

Visit

Your troops paid a visit to Quick -------empty----- (194|220) K21.

After a comfortable Christmas with excellent food they made their way back home again.
Merry Christmas to all players!

What no wine or beer? What cheap hosts.

DeletedUser

Hmm.. it used to say "food and drink" i am pretty sure. I wonder who complained.

DeletedUser98289

Lets have a break during Spring Break and finals season. Should be able to hit barbs especially people who have just started.

DeletedUser

I'm a Jedi, its becoming a big religion now ^^, I hope i get a new light saber, preferably the double ended one :icon_wink:

I personally think during the attack breaks all production should be frozen for the duration of the breaks.

That will learn you David ya point whore, you can coin it all .. lol..
You do have have a good point, that would make a complete break from the game for all and that is the aim if the attack breaks. I totally agree

DeletedUser

Visit

Your troops paid a visit to Quick -------empty----- (194|220) K21.

After a comfortable Christmas with excellent food they made their way back home again.
Merry Christmas to all players!

What no wine or beer? What cheap hosts.

Better hope the troops get food next year, tight asses, took away the drink....

DeletedUser

Does anyone know when the speed world ends.. is it tonight in a few hours?

shredded

Noooo come one it can't end tonight :p Mods extend it just for me?!?!

inflrc

Heys TW staff, did you forget to activate new year's break?

Check W30, attacks are still causing damage and it's already Dec 31st.

DeletedUser101980

Yet again, those that do not subscribe to christian values are penalised - there are no such breaks to accommodate other religions around the world, where their practises can be even more restrictive than the christian faiths.
This is a GLOBAL game, so saying that 'moderators' (eg) need a break does not stand up to scrutiny. Neither does the point of 'having a break' (see first sentence).
I am western European, born and bred a christian, and now an atheist, which now is a VERY large minority (church claim), and we should not be subjected to the ramifications of an overly-influenced christian calendar...

How many christians work on the sabbath? (small case deliberate) - how many work Christmas Day? How many christians work Easter?

If any of the last three questions comes up with NONE, then I will withdraw my objection, an give an unreserved apology.

lol, how ignorant and hypocritical,

you may not celebrate Christmas being Atheist, but do you work on sabbath - do you work on Christmas/boxing/new years days - do you work on the easter holidays, I bet not , but i bet you take full advantage of the free days off that come with it. oh and should i be calling it the festive season as the word "Christmas" is not polically correct,

People like you are pathetic, get over it and stop being such short sighted idiot

DeletedUser

Nice to see TW have got it right this year.

Past few years it was the "no sending of attacks" that was missing,meaning as long as they landed after the stated time they did damage,meaning one year I had to eat my xmas dinner whilst tagging 2.5k of incomings.

Those that complain about this either A) have nothing better to do on Christmas day other than to sit at their pc,or B) complain they don't celebrate Christmas but as the post above suggests,still take advantage of the holidays-whether they get the days off work or receive time and a half/double time pay.

I bet they don't complain about either or offer to work for normal pay.

DeletedUser102616

Advise for noob

Can I send attack so it lands at precisely 00:00:00:00....without getting the updated Monopoly reply of 'just visiting'??