Discussion: Improvements to the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
* Game speed and reliability need to be improved. TW servers tend to be down more often these days than when I first started playing the game. Also pages generally take longer to load due to all the new graphics features.

* Notebook pages should be able to hold more characters/brackets. I have to copy and paste my op plans from a text file into the notebook in smaller chunks due to the size limits.

* Shared commands need to be improved so that when I noble a village I can still see the size of the attacks coming from the players that have shared commands with me. The same goes for support. If I send support to a player and rename my command to show troop numbers, the player I sent to can't see that I renamed with troop numbers but others that I am sharing commands with can.

* I agree with others who have commented that it would be nice to have some larger worlds again.

* Iphone TW app needs better ways to sort reports and handle mails. Also, it seems that the app is more buggy lately. It freezes up or gets real slow at times. Performance and reliability need improving.

* New features are nice and certainly can make the game more interesting. However, sometimes the new features seem to just make the game easier for new players or lazy players who don't want to put the time and effort in that the better players do. I play TW because it requires it is more challenging and requires thinking, communication, strategy, time, etc. Please don't make it more noobish. Instead find ways to encourage mentoring and such.

DeletedUser120122

Make it so u can only support tribemates AND allies, and it's not possible to attack naps without breaking the relationship. I think this would lesson the amount of spies and bashers, and make diplomacy much more important.

DeletedUser103748

Stop blocking repeat connections when doing certain actions (like resource balancing, or command renaming, village renaming). A lot of great scripts are broken because of this.

DeletedUser118875

The main thing is the game becomes uninteresting once you start expanding into multiple villages. the management of villages becomes quickly overwhelming. solutions might be...
  1. auto build feature for villages you dont want to manage. so priority might be resources, infrastructure, defensive troops, offensive troops. you could then come back and take over manually at any time.
  2. forcing players to attack each other by making barb vills non nobleable. or perhaps non nobleable inside an allied church radius.
thats the main issue...now for the little things.
  1. hiding place needs more relevance
  2. church needs more relevance
  3. market needs more relevance
The first suggestion of your main issues (i.e., "auto build feature...") is pretty much handled by Account Manager.

I find the second suggestion of your main issues very interesting. I could definitely throw my support behind making barbs unconquerable.

As for your smaller issues, I agree that the hiding place needs more relevance. In reality, I would like to see the hiding place hide a certain percentage of your warehouse capacity rather than some low fixed amount. As for churches, I have never been a huge fan of the church system, so I cannot necessarily speak to giving churches more relevance. And in regards to the market, what do you have in mind? I feel like the market already has quite a bit of relevance, but I would be interested in hearing what you think it needs.

Unrelated to the quoted post: I would like to see an improvement to the Market "Mass Create Offers" functionality. I feel like this is a good feature, but I would like to see it match current offers on the market before creating new offers, and I would like to see better balancing on the offers created. The first point is self-explanatory, but in regards to the second point, I have noticed in the past that if a village has, say, 8000 wood, 10000 clay, and 0 iron, with 20 available merchants, the "Mass Create Offers" feature will post 10 offers of 1000 Clay for 1000 Iron. This fails to acknowledge that if/when these offers are accepted, the village is then going to have 8000 wood, 0 clay, and 10000 iron (barring resource production), which will then leave the village's resources just as unbalanced as before. Adding some resource balancing calculations to this would extremely handy. In the aforementioned hypothetical situation, making making 2 offers of 1000 wood for 1000 iron, as well as 4 offers of 1000 clay for 1000 iron would result in a good balance of 6000 wood, 6000 clay, and 6000 iron. By implementing this balancing combined with automatically matching against current trade offers on the market, the Mass Create Offers feature could become extremely useful.

Stop blocking repeat connections when doing certain actions (like resource balancing, or command renaming, village renaming). A lot of great scripts are broken because of this.

Not to shoot down your suggestion, but there was a practical reason why this was implemented. Limiting the number of connections/actions per second improves the Tribal Wars server response time by reducing the number of actions taking place on the server concurrently. Some of the actions can take quite a while to process, and scripts that send many requests simultaneously were capable of causing world-wide latency increases. By lowering the number of allowed requests per second, the server uptime and latency is far more stable for all players. Additionally, many of the scripts which were sending asynchronous requests have been edited and fixed to prevent this issue (albeit, sometimes by third-parties whom are not the original authors).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97716

I think the village note sharing and command sharing are one of the best updates TW has ever had. I think it could be expanded on though and would be nice to see attacks hitting a tribe mates village and so you can see if you successfully sniped a train or stacked in time. Also, tribemates renamed commands are not visible if it is going to your own village and the attack size is also not visible if it is your own village.

I would be interested in more statistics and analytics as well, especially in war stats. OD supporting could be added as well as Maybe the number of nobles killed.

DeletedUser

We have the tribe chat emails that allows everyone to chat in the tribe. Why not add an option like that for other groups? Example - I want to create an email chat group of 5 to 6 people near me and call it squad A. We use it to coordinate our attacks and defenses in our area and we all get the messages and talk among ourselves. It also provides us a level of security from spies that may be in the tribe.

kyrtgr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Implement filters for your own commands in village overview and rally point, much like the reports. These can include attack size, scouts, nobles, LA attacks and visible command count (with a note on the header of the visible and total attack counts). So, for example, you can view only the first 20 commands arriving/returning that are sized below 1000 troops (eg farming attacks). Command count filter can be implemented for incoming attacks too. This will make village overview and rally point tabs lighter for the browsers without the possibly hundreds of timers.

And I have to say it again: Level the battlefield by limiting (or preferably eliminating) the p2w features. One way is to make PP from res selling non transferable from world to world, like inventory items. Or cap the PP a player can use in a time period (a week, a month or whatever). Or make worlds without these features, and I'm not talking about no hauls (farming is important), just no res buying, no building hurrying, without whatever PP can buy except PA/LA/AM, even no flags (these are a big handicap to new players). I'm sure you'll find them much bigger than the ever shrinking newer worlds where eventually only res buyers, PP farmers and ignorant new players will join.

DeletedUser107086

Tribal forum: Allow dukes/barons to see which people have read which posts and when a player read the forums for the last time - allows people to kick out inactive tribe members

PP features - put a limit on them. I think something like 20% resource mine production increase or halved queue times is fine. However being able to buy thousands of resources from the market plus reducing construction times is a bit too much. It can be a bit discouraging to new players to see a neighbour who has gained 5k points in 5 hours. So maybe:
-Construction times can only be reduced once by 50% per building (not infinite times). This balances the wall in the late game as well so that it can't be -rebuilt from 0 to 20 in 2 minutes.
-There is a cap on how many resources can be bought from the market per day or per hour (sold as well if you want to reduce PP farming and encourage people to buy PP)
-20% resource production boost enabled
-20% building reduction cost enabled
-it is possible to change paladin skill points with resources as well (not only PP) so that the paladin system depends on more than luck and PP

Mentoring - make it possible within tribes
Members of the same tribe can choose to become mentors and apprentices for each other so that people from other tribes don't see a member's troops and village

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
some of the things I would like to see are :

1. A graphical fight that takes place of troops fighting
2. A ratio of the amount of barbs a player can noble compare to his conquers , some players noble way to many farms and the ratio should be like 5 to 1 with a increase 15 to 2 , 25 to 3, 50 to 5
3. More Tribe rules , legit reasons for dismissals , fairness

DeletedUser110551

paladin books to put them up for trading ( so far have gotten 7 red books in a row all axe )
flaggs we have on diferent account as we also like to play some times as some one else would be nice to be able to transfer them all to one account or give them away to other players for recourses
or trade flaggs for pp

atmospherecf

I would like to see some kind of "cool down" system when 2 tribes declare war on each other, if members leave the tribe they can't join the opposing tribe for 72 hrs. There is just too much Jumping ship and back stabbing going around, and its ruining the game.

There should be a limit on how much resources a player can buy from the market using PP. Put a cap on it like 50K resources a day cap, and then gradually increase it every 3-4 days.

Could you please add a feature where we can post pics/gifs for circ mail. Sometimes I like making PnP circ mail and sending it to my tribe members. But I can't post the photos/gifs like in the tribal forum.

It would be nice to have some kind of auction system where there are specific paladin items that generate unique bonuses, example: faster return speed of 20% from attacks. Maybe we can use PP as the auction exchange.

DeletedUser120126

Since this game is called TRIBAL WARS, you should focus more on a tribe enhancements.

My suggestion is to make a deposit/ tax for each members for a buff.

First, adding/deposit resources equal to 0.01% of your warehouse capacity per day. (0.01% is enough to make the game balance)

Next is to activate the buff, like boosting atk power, def power, recruitment, etc for a period of time, lets say 12hrs or 24hrs. (24hours at max duration to make the game balance).

This will cost a resources earned from the tax. Let's say
250000wood 150000clay 50000iron for atk, 5% boost
50000wood 150000clay 250000iron for def, 5% boost
100000wood 100000clay 100000iron for recruitment, 5% boost

And
1000000wood, 600000clay 200000iron for atk, 10% boost
200000iron 600000clay 1000000iron for def, 10% boost
400000wood 400000clay 400000iron for recruitment, 10% boost

(only the duke can activate this buff)

Someone please support my suggestion. This will make the game more fun,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19821

I would like to see a "Find Nobles Nearby" feature on the map. It's really frustrating to check each of your nearby villages individually and I don't want to use a script for it.

Technically you can do this already by using dynamic groups, and the OWN villages markers on the map

atmospherecf

Another feature I would like to be added (pro players will hate me for this), but..

I would like to see a noble snipe feature similar to sending noble train feature at .100ms.

Why?

Because I've met many players that play TW only through cell phone or tablet. Which makes it difficult for them and almost impossible to snipe if they have a poor cell phone signal provider. Not everyone plays TW through desktop. TW must adapt to mobile and tablet users.

DeletedUser106142

I would like to see no hauls come back. That would be a nice change of pace.

Limiting pp usage on deals would be nice. Limit to 5 per account or something.

Make flags more common. Most people have to farm pp to buy 3 flags. Wasting resources and time. Making flag rewards more often would be a nice motivator to stay active.

I saw a comment about barbarian villages that build generated builds automatically. I like this self aware barbarian ideal. Makes barb munching a little more intense.

There was another comment about cats/rams available on Loot Assistant to allow barb shaping. Seeing this as a D feature would be interesting.

As a person who thinks giving everyone a fair shot, the mentor system seems to feel like a joke. Most times I don't even get assigned a student. What am I suppose to do with my years of knowledge? Being able to dump your experience into someone who can learn from it or people (multiple students) to learn. Create more in depth assignments and grade them for it giving them and yourself rewards for their progress. If they say that you are a poor teacher you should get punished for letting a new player down.

Being able to see incomings on tribemates villages would be nice.

Cool down on players who leave tribes would allow for more growth options as they won't be allowed to hop tribe to tribe.

Tribe forums have sub forums to allow better separation of tabs. End game forums are just horrendous.

Many more ideas. Ran out of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.