Discussion: New account manager

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

After the successful update to version 7.2 the Account Manager (AM) has been enabled on all worlds. The AM helps you automatically manage your villages and can be activated from the premium menu for 200 premium points a month. You must have a premium account activated.

For worlds that previously had the AM enabled we have invested a lot of time in significantly improving the features. The troop manager and village manager in particular have received complete overhauls. For all worlds except W56 you can now also find a "Farming assistant" to aid you in farming barbarian villages easily without having to go through confirmation screens.

We've also made some other small tweaks. You now only need five villages to be able to enable the account manager. A free trial of the AM will also be available from the premium menu once you reach 10, 25, 100, 250 and 1000 villages.

All parts of the new AM are showcased and explained in our new Account Manager Help.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss these changes please use this thread.

Thanks,

Morthy
Community Manager

DeletedUser

How do I get my normal village overviews back? I activated the trial of AM and now cannot see any overviews. I cant play my account properly without them :|

DeletedUser656

How do I get my normal village overviews back? I activated the trial of AM and now cannot see any overviews. I cant play my account properly without them :|

There is currently a bug where if you have Settings->Settings->Dynamic menu bar turned off you won't be able to return to non AM overviews. Until we release a fix the workaround is just to turn on the dynamic menu bar.

DeletedUser

Reading through the updates gave me feel sick. When I got to market manager, i had to stop. this is just stupid. You literally dont have to play ... if you pay. And even the money issue doesn't bother me, it bothers me that nearly every single aspect of the game except for clicking attack and support have been mechanized.

Plus now, that i can pay to not have to farm, farming doesn't seem fun any more. neither does building an army or a village... i could just pay 3 bucks and play a different game... bah -> some will say "then dont use it" but where has the advantage gone for players who are organized? players who can farm efficiently and build villages quickly? 3 dollars and you can copy somebody elses template and be just as good.

DeletedUser

If the AM is going to be used as a regular overview, why are links to the other overviews not displayed at the top, as with the others - it essentially means that when you go onto the AM, without dynamic menus enabled, you are unable to exit. I did raise this in the first trial.

It is also incredibly irritating that when I simply go to the account manager on a single village overview - for example a newly capped village, to build up the wall, when I then go to overviews, my overview has switched to the account manager.

There is no reason for the AM to be integrated as an overview, it causes unnecessary issues.

DeletedUser

There is currently a bug where if you have Settings->Settings->Dynamic menu bar turned off you won't be able to return to non AM overviews. Until we release a fix the workaround is just to turn on the dynamic menu bar.

Its actually the other way around, You have to switch it off for the overviews to show. But managed it in the end, thanks.

DeletedUser

this should only be available to people with 100+ villages, when macro becomes annoying and tedious. It should allow players to focus more on game play. But with 5-50 villages, the macro is what separates the good players from the experts, and the weak from the good.

Everyone knows the game changes as the world progresses, and I think this should ONLY be available late game. In early-mid and mid game this takes away a lot of strategy/fun and will make people like me resent it :(

DeletedUser63840

My main problem with the AM is the Troop manager.. it still seems to have bugs which drove me up the wall that much that im not going to spend any more time trying to figure out how to use it with all my villas.. it would be quicker for me to go through every one inputing the numbers manually...

The other problem i have is that 3 days trial is simply not good enough, the prem trial is longer and not half as complicated as the new AM feature.. yet we get half the time to get our heads round it before we are expected to pay for it... you would think that the trial for this new feature would be equal to, if not longer than the free prem trial..

I guess most of us are expected to buy at least 1 months worth before we can fully get to grips on how to use it.. pshhh.. from my experience with it thus far, i wont be wasting my money on it, well at least untill all the creases have been ironed out..

DeletedUser656

My main problem with the AM is the Troop manager.. it still seems to have bugs which drove me up the wall that much that im not going to spend any more time trying to figure out how to use it with all my villas.. it would be quicker for me to go through every one inputing the numbers manually...

The other problem i have is that 3 days trial is simply not good enough, the prem trial is longer and not half as complicated as the new AM feature.. yet we get half the time to get our heads round it before we are expected to pay for it... you would think that the trial for this new feature would be equal to, if not longer than the free prem trial..

I guess most of us are expected to buy at least 1 months worth before we can fully get to grips on how to use it.. pshhh.. from my experience with it thus far, i wont be wasting my money on it, well at least untill all the creases have been ironed out..

You've made two posts in our feedback threads that mention bugs in the troop manager, but haven't mentioned exactly what is wrong or how it is failing to meet your expectations. I also could not find any tickets from you regarding it. We've concentrated on making the TM as stable as possible and have also written extensive help but we cannot resolve any problems if we are not told about them...

The three day trial is given multiple times.

DeletedUser63840

@Morthy

basically i put troop values in the template, tick the boxes on the villas i want those amount of troops building but it doesnt build them in all the villages i ticked.. it does in some but not in all of them.
in some of my attempts it shows that iv put the amounts in only to find that there is no active troop production, upon returning to the TM overview its like i havent put the values in at all!?! i repeated the troop input, but still no troop production in certain villas.. i have enough farm space and enough res's so i dont know whats going wrong.. i gave up after half hour of repeating so im putting it down to bugs

DeletedUser

If you don't have every troop researched that you want to build then it won't build any in that village. For instance in my offensive villages I put in 2 axe, 1 LC, and then select maximum input (maxes out how many I can make). If I don't have LC researched it won't build any LC because it can't and 0 axes as well.

I've never had issues with troop manager and I've been using AM since it came out.

I don't really think there is much of an issue with this automating everything either. Scripts can do some of what this can already, with a bit more work. Truth is for people who solo play large accounts, this is the only way to really keep up. I ran out of AM for 1 week and with a near 3 mil account I couldn't get much done without spending hours online.

I for one love AM, and the new additions. I kind of wish they could do something with the smithy that would build the techs to the levels specified, and that you could put downgrades in the new village manager, so I could build my HQ to 30, then after everything was built have it auto demolish to 20.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the post / mail that is letting everyone know prior that account manager is going to be on all worlds?

tc77

All updates are amazing, especially with helping to build troops.

Only thing I would recommend:
When Using the 'Troop Difference' it doesn't take into account the troops that are already building so sometimes you get more rams, LC, MA etc then you wanted b/c you had rams, LC, MA etc building while you used the 'Troop Difference'

Regardless of that one flaw everything works beautifully and I love it. Saves me a butt load of time.

ramz fan

I have a question. Once the troop manager recruits all possible troops, is the template removed from the village? Because I noticed the template I added to villages that had full builds removed itself.

DeletedUser

The account manager was a good update, since another game, which are more or less like Tw already have it since long ago.

The building templates are good, however I would like to delete every construction that is currently ongoing. I made changes in the templates, but I didn't save them every time. So I'm now upgrading workshop to level 5, market to 15 and building statues in every offensive village, that is only from the offensive template. The defensive ones are no issue since I wont attack or produce nobles with them .

Other than that, when removing or adding templates for villages in a group, it's the same boring movements. Wouldn't it be easier to apply a single template to one group and then just click on "Use template"?

And when you mint, add a possible function that don't display all the villages. The case is often that we got front groups, which we don't want to mint from. If we select the amount of coins, 40 by default and then can just click on mint. Then it would save a lot of time for ingame interaction, instead of constant management. I'm sure that it puts a smaller load on the server when people constantly mint, however if they never have to display the list, then it'll surely save a lot. None would mind a game where you can quickly go from one view to another. Not to mention that some players are on slow connection and horrible computers. I noticed a difference from 30/30 compared to 12/2 or 4

And please remove the pop-up saying "You minted X coins", I'll never be counting the coins in any case. I only check how many nobles I can educate in the end.

People have quit over the issues of micro-management for a very long time, so it's good that something is happening. I noticed that some people were resisting changes, unfortunately we all aren't kids who wants to spend their life on a single game and most can't. Micro-management is without doubt the largest reason for why people quit, hardly noticeable when you're small or inactive. However when you grow large, got thousands of incomings for weeks/months which happen, massively cated or managing a tribe, then you would want less micro-management. Well good operation where you cat entire players can make them delete after a few weeks, it's fun until it happens to your own members.

The Warning and recommendation window isn't updating, or is just slow.

It would be great if you could hide the system templates for building upgrades or just attach one per group and press "use".

Attaching a troop template in the troops overview would save a lot of time, at this point it goes quicker with ordinary recruiting scripts.
The recruiting scripts I have, cause the "All villages" alternative after all the groups to be selected once I recruit troops. If I would stay in the same or move to the next group, then it would likely be better.

As the Account manager is now, I would only use it now and then and we'll all use our own recruiting scripts, unless better upgrades are made.

Another good idea is to improve the report overview which looks basic or just horrible.
If you're being attacked or attacking, say around a few thousands attacks landing on you and you want to attack at the same time which might be a number of 1000 nukes to be sent.

If we got a wider report window, which makes it easier to monitor attacks, detect new ones which are detected by being unmarked.
And for the offensive part. Sending 1000-2000 nukes+ can make it hard to keep track of all your targets, specially if you're going to noble. Having a certain view where specific villages are monitored for reports or attacks landing would help. They would be shown by entering coordinates. A function like adding to favourites would likely not work, I have added hundreds of villages by mistake and never use it.

It would be good if a tribe could share reports, sometime we clear and noble for each other and all the external tools for that part are horrible. Some forward reports, some don't, some mess up the order so that you got to check which the order likely were for perhaps a large amount of villages. Not to mention that some forward several of the same.

If a tribe could share reports, then players would more easily work together. It would demand less from players who're busy and would allow the more active ones to focus on the game instead of communication. A tribe sharing support could be either a basic function or something someone or some chose to pay premium for, the account manager wont be affordable for everyone. I'm lucky that I only buy 5000 premium points every one and half months now. You would have several functions to administrate it, either per tribe or player. When people fake then we wouldn't want to have 80 red reports per village, so you could either select and hide reports or remove reports as a duke or baron, if not per player where reports are hidden personally. Not to mention that you could be given a choice of not showing reports in the tribe where reports were red. Reports should be lined in order by date and not only days.

Having a basic report window for every report who share their reports from you would be a pain if it the amount of players haring grew. It would need an own tab called shared reports, it would be useful if you could select the players(possible limited to X amount of players) like in the account manager overview where you could drag around windows as you see fit. It might be hard on small cheap screens, but it's useful on a 40 Inc which is common as a computer screen for many today. I'm getting a 27 inch Benq for side issues or studies, or to just read reports which could land on many pages.

Same goes for sharing commands. Your own commands are most important, however on a village you should see from other players who share commands with you. You might be able to do some sort of tagging as "important attacks" and keep them in their own window mixed with your own.

Another idea would be to share incomings in a view, where two people close to each other can help quickly or have it as an early warning system. One player can support right away if the other one would be offline. Personally for me when I lead a tribe, the larger losses is made by inactivity or a player being away for a day. If you could see the total amount of attacks heading towards your tribe tribe, or get note of when a player receive over 100-200 attacks(could be a certain mark on the members list), then we could either contact the player in question quickly and receive updates about the situations. We could also contact them outside the game. Total number of attacks against a tribe is just an alternative, in that case we would have to mail every front player each time it rise. Since I lead a tribe, I would pay for the account manager permanently for that feature. There's no leader who likes getting a mail from a member who points out that a certain player collapsed the front due to inactivity, it can take days to notice as we all might already be busy.

There're scripts which sort villages by continents. If villages could be sorted by continents as when editing group, then it would surely help in some scenarios. Well it would help for us who sort out accounts, some owners just mess them up and when getting a new, then it isn't always motivating if they got to fix the groups. It would be good if we could have a mixed combined view with the groups overview in it. Some players mess up and put defensive and offensive villages in the same groups. If it's a few villages, it's no issue. But it's a nightmare with an account who have over 2000 villages and who placed all defensive and offensive villages in a group each, the continents groups are mixed. It's a current scenario which is not fun. These guys appear over and over again. This comes from experience of leading a tribe for years.
In the end, if you could pick all villages from one continent and put it in a group, it would help a lot.

Sharing commands would be useful which players who both have or, that one have an Account manager active.
Front-line players could surely find these useful.

In many cases we see players sending long range nukes, these players doesn't always noble and even if they do, someone needs to cover for them if they fail. Now I don't always trust everyone, so security would be an issue which reject the idea of a tribe sharing a command overview.

It'll be few who pay for the account manager, specially in the start or that use it permanently.
Players with the account manager could request a certain players commands, this would be useful for the one who plan to noble what another guy clears. It should be easy to turn of as well as in seeing a list of who you share commands with. It should be one-way. As if there's a spy around, we wouldn't want to leak unnecessary information, specially no if there's notes in the attacks name as noble, nuke or fake.

It shouldn't be to hard to develop anything of this, unless the staff lacks the knowledge or the database isn't built well enough.
People who don't like these suggestion, would of course not be disappointed. I'm sure that there can be a village/points limit in place for certain functions. These are the needs for large players. Many starts as young, when they grow old they get bored or have to quit due to the time it takes. I see this game as boring and it takes to much time, I do of course gather troops and make operations, well most in the tribe.

Not to mention, many of us when we get a job, strive to go further. Playing a game on work hours isn't prioritized, in that case we would quit right away which most do, well close to everyone.

All the suggestions doesn't relate to the Account manager, but I would never bother to make another post somewhere else. Either copy or move it. Feel free to delete it if the staff were offended, these are only the recommendation which I see as useful. There's several more updates which would aid tribe leaders, like notes on players as when you got issues with them. The rest of the ones with hidden prives or as a trusted member could see. The point would be as when someone needs to improve an account due to bad groups or builds, then everyone are aware of it and one guy might spend some time on the issue.

It could possible be useful if a duke would be able to see who got premium and not, I cover half of my tribe with premium. The one not having premium is likely inactive, that would be a nightmare to see on the front, it can be seen as an early warning.

As said, these are only those I see a need for. There's a lot more of possible upgrades, but in my and several other eyes, there's no use of possible enemies knowing improvements that one could get around.

The English is surely horrible, but it would take time to go through it.

Last edited by a moderator:

A humble player

Reading through the updates gave me feel sick. When I got to market manager, i had to stop. this is just stupid. You literally dont have to play ... if you pay. And even the money issue doesn't bother me, it bothers me that nearly every single aspect of the game except for clicking attack and support have been mechanized.

Plus now, that i can pay to not have to farm, farming doesn't seem fun any more. neither does building an army or a village... i could just pay 3 bucks and play a different game... bah -> some will say "then dont use it" but where has the advantage gone for players who are organized? players who can farm efficiently and build villages quickly? 3 dollars and you can copy somebody elses template and be just as good.
Thought the farm manager is extraordinarily overpowered, it is still substandard compared to some already existing farming methods, so you are quite simply, wrong.

DeletedUser80784

alright, so i never post in the pnp, but i couldn't believe it when this came out, so i had to post, for like the first time ever.
like The Arrogant Sheep i had wanted to try it, saw what it was like, and then couldn't get out, so i got rather pissed off, because i rather hate it, and i couldn't find a way to reverse it.
one of my tribes mates attacked me on accident and i found a loophole to getting out (THANK GOD)

alright, so down to what I'm come here to post.
it's for people who can not take care of their account, can not play TW, and can not organize.

now if you're going to say, but taking care of a bigger account, is hard work.
YOU'RE LAZY
I've rebuilt multiple account, having to redo the entire account, and it does not take me that long.
example. i reteched and rebuilt one of my friends account (over 20 million points) .. took me less than 4 days, and i went in once a day.. max i spent was an hour or 2 at a time.

so let me repeat this.,
this is for lazy people, who need help playing this game.

DeletedUser

Greenshell.

The majority of tribes in Tw are shit, there's very few dedicated leaders or leaders who know what they're doing. Depending on what kind of job you got, you'll have less time for playing this game. As an ordinary player you surely got a hell lot of time over unless you are attacked constantly with large amounts. Either you spend time in this game or you don't, the question is what you spend your time at once you're playing. Sometimes you need to make supportlist for others, you need to make large operation every three weeks, you need to check activity on players, gather troop numbers from the entire tribe or more, reach players outside the game if they can't be contacted inside, you need to check up on players fronts to make sure that they're supported well enough, you sometimes needs to sit players under attack, you need to take care of accounts of players go on vacation.

Most of us who're gets over 20, would likely prefer to not spend our life at this game. Welcome to reality, either lead a badly organised tribe or spend time. As an ordinary player you might note take that much of the work behind. If you lead tribes it takes time, specially if you do it good. Any highly active tribe leader who do most of the work would agree with me.

These are all possible features which will save time and improve the game. As we save time, we'll spend it elsewhere and it can likely be inside the game if there's a way to improve the teamwork in tribes. With a few ingame chats which shouldn't be that hard to make, if they aren't already being made. It'll be good if the rest of the game can keep up with new improvements. And for Tw, it's very good to stay ahead of other games who are currently better made than TW, but lack costumers.

Greenshell, how old are you and what do you work with? I'm currently unemployed, well close to. Once I get a job, then my time will likely be very limited. I only play the game to win and if it can be managed in a way that saves time, then it'll stop me from quitting sooner.

And yes, I'm lazy. That's because have done much in this game and I still do a lot which can be done in less time, with improvements.

Last edited by a moderator: