Discussion: New account manager

DeletedUser45372

When I started W13, then I farmed the barbs in my whole continent. I avoided attention by sending a minimum amount of troops without losses to different villages, they all came back with full resources. A lot can be done, but it takes time to do it. With more time, we can do much more and raise activity levels. You don't just need to farm barbs, you can put focus on different issues as well. I were playing W5 as well, so I quit W13 in the long run due to the lack of time.

First off, you quit because FLUX was nobling you out. Not due to "lack of time" You grew by eating barbs and 5 live villages (4 of which were 1 player that only grew to those 4 villages)
No need to lie here on the forums.

Now, on topic.

I am 100% against the AM feature, since it is a bot, and this whole big thing about protecting players from others using bots... now InnoGames gives us this... A way to bot, legally.

I agree with most of Shadryk's post, but I don't think AM should be here in .net.

DeletedUser98637

Farming

I have an issue with the farming part of AM... I don't find much use for it atm due to the fact that when you first send out your troops farming you could have your villages a distance from each other and then when you try and use the AM to go and collect the available resources left if you are on the wrong village which is a distance away it will send troops from that village and not the closest village that you orignally sent your troops from. This means you still have to read the reports, look where you sent your orignal farming troops from then click on the drop down menu click on that village then remember which one you want to send the troops to and click that button and do that for every one that you want to refarm.

Can something not be put in place where when you click the button to refarm it sends the troops from the village you sent your orignal or closest village to that farm?

Shadryk 01

I am 100% against the AM feature, since it is a bot, and this whole big thing about protecting players from others using bots... now InnoGames gives us this... A way to bot, legally.

Almost seems like they developed BOT protection to remove the competition, only so they could charge us a fee to use their own bot system.

Actually, I don't believe that was the intent. AM does not automate the movement of troops (attacks, farming, et al....)

TW is a smaller community today and they may just need another source of revenue to support & develop the game. Nothing wrong with that. At least they don't double the cost of premium.

DeletedUser

First off, you quit because FLUX was nobling you out. Not due to "lack of time" You grew by eating barbs and 5 live villages (4 of which were 1 player that only grew to those 4 villages)
No need to lie here on the forums.
Dumber statement, is something you got to look for.

I a gifted my villages, one took a village from me. One who ran an old tribe in W5, which some of its members joined the one I were in later. When we were going to merge a tribe from two others, then I decided that it was time to quit. This player were IFeelYou, who got banned from W5. I told him that I were going to quit, and I helped him to send everything I had against one or two players. IFeelYou took one village and I likely gifted the other two. I had a guy in Ialone who I gifted some villages to as well. As I were empty, I stopped logging in.

I gifted my villages to a few players around which I had a good relation with, I'm not sure if I stayed to oversee any gifting. If I were not wrong, I had two exams the week after I discussed with IFeelYou, as one of the exams went bad, then it marked the end for W13.

I joined the world for fun, a tribe member started up on that world and made his tribe. I joined it, I was miles away from it and not dumb enough to make everyone around as enemies. I lost much of my motivation of W13 after that guy disappeared and when he did, then we lost an important front in W5 in a war he started, as he went grey.

W13 took too much of my time.
When we were to form the new tribe, then I decided to put my focus on W5.

Now I have a very hard time to understand how Flux outnobled me, by taking three of my villages.
Yes I grew on barbs at the start, since they were growing up quicker than several players, not to mention that the rest of my tribe were a few continents away. It would be dumb to mass attack everything around, when the tribes around had good players close-by.

So the might Flux Duck, wasn't that impressive after all.

Busamad

We do time to time find flaws in the enemies front-line. If we do find a flaw as in bad player or unstacked front, then it's a chance to break through.
Once you break through, then you'll expose areas without support and possible remove larger safe front against skilled players. As skilled players lose their safe front, it'll cost more support and less support to move around.

As you surround them, it'll be easier to overwhelm any skilled player. There're exceptions of course, where some players can be close to impossible to take out even as they lack support. Unless you have to hit that target, then should pick another.

But if you hit a skilled player, then it'll of course be hard to get through him and you'll likely have to go around on easier targets as he'll get all the support he needs. A possible solution is to make an in-deep operation, but it's always better to gain on fronts if it's possible. Even these mighty and active players might turn inactive, which means not active enough to deal with the incomings after some time.

In some situation you might get intel that a player will go on vacation and is looking for a sitter, if the one who reply sucks, then that's the next target.

The AM features will likely improve and we'll get more ideas. If tribalwars always stays as it's, then it'll die off with time. The issue is that it likely isn't an expensive crew doing the update, it sounds as kids around the age of 18.

And yes, this is another way that Innogames tries to get more money by. Every other attempt to raise premium prices ends up with a horrible statement and its members bashing them.
Time will tell if they have just wasted time or not on this update. If it doesn't improve, then who would even pay for it?

Not to mention that this will highly increase the use of Demolishing/building scripts.
If Typhon could post about what ideas innogames will work on, then it would be great. But it'll likely take half a week if not more, since they likely don't work at the weekends.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I checked with typhlosionrulez, it seems as they're busy with another update. In turn they wont be able to discuss any ideas until then. That's likely what most of us wanted to know, no use of guessing until they have more answers.

DeletedUser

Why does the Market Manager have a max of 50 Trading Routes? 50 Trading routes max is hardly enough for me with only 50 villages ... nevermind when I am 100, 200 or 1000....please increase the trading route limit. I don't completely know why there is a limit at all. I am playing on W56 with no Farming so I have no experience with the Farming Manager, but with a Trading Route limit I can only assume there is a Farming Route limit as well? What is the point of having this feature if you are limited to the capacity in which you can use it?

Secondly, it would be nice if the Market Manager feature wasn't set to create a single route for every time you wish to send.
Example, Village 1 sends XXXX resources to Village 2 @ 12:00
Can there be a feature to have this same route be sent @ multiple times...we have the feature to run the same route on multiple days, why not multiple times be available also? Right now I have roughly 35 vills sending 1 shipment to 14 other vills @ one time in the day. Because of the Trading Route limit I can't set up 35 more identical trading routes, but perhaps to get around creating more Trading Routes I can just have the same Routes be sent multiple times per day.

DeletedUser

After spending 2.5 years working hard from one village to almost 9,000 villages without account manager, I am less than impressed to see this feature brought in. Skill in managing your account is a major part of being a successful player and while I can still build more efficiently than the AM, it has sped up the growth of noobs phenomenally. They can eat barbs and just turn on AM to grow them in the background. I believe AM should not have been brought in to all worlds. Rather it should be an option on specific new worlds, just as other features are world specific. I don't want to grow in a world where money buys a feature to do all the basic tasks.

DeletedUser

After spending 2.5 years working hard from one village to almost 9,000 villages without account manager, I am less than impressed to see this feature brought in. Skill in managing your account is a major part of being a successful player and while I can still build more efficiently than the AM, it has sped up the growth of noobs phenomenally. They can eat barbs and just turn on AM to grow them in the background. I believe AM should not have been brought in to all worlds. Rather it should be an option on specific new worlds, just as other features are world specific. I don't want to grow in a world where money buys a feature to do all the basic tasks.

I don't agree with this... I really hope they keep account manager in all worlds for a good while.

DeletedUser

Try giving a reason for your statement please, Rob.

Reason 1: some players don't have hours a day to manage that amount of villages.

Reason 2: it does not eliminate the need for skill. Just some of the need for time. the account manager is not able to snipe for you (yet), the account manager is not able to dodge for you (yet), the account manager is not able to take villages for you (yet).

All it really does is build villages saving a few clicks. You still have to make the template (the order in which the villages build buildings). Clicking a button or clicking a hundred buttons does not really affect skill. its clicking a button... Thus the account manager does not remove the skill from building villages as there is very little skill needed in that already... just takes more time without the account manager.

If i decided to eat a bunch of barbs i could still grow them. it would just take up more time. Would you like a world that gets rid of the premium account? Not being able to use those quick bar scripts? Not being able to quickly link to a million things? Not being able to mass recruit quickly? The premium account saves time. The account manager saves time and does not remove any skill. Just gives you more time to do other things.

Reason 3: Again farm manager does not remove skill. Just makes farming quicker. you still have to chose what villages to farm, what amount of troops to use and when to farm. It prevents farming of any size players with clicking 1 button (yet) so it cannot be used to send real attacks (yet)

The market manager is a little different. I believe that does slightly affect skill. but i will not say too much on that as it is one of my favorite features.

Making a world without account manager is like making a world without a premium account. I believe you are confusing skill for time.

DeletedUser

To reply to your points, Rob:

Reply to Reason 1: I don't have hours a day as it is. If something becomes necessary or it is important enough to you, you make the time. If it is not as necessary or important to you, you keep your account at a size you can manage with the time you put aside to play.

Reply to Reason 2: I did not say it eliminated the need for skill entirely. It eliminates the skill involved in building.

To say there is no skill involved in building an account is illogical. Anyone wanting the most efficient build knows this. Dependent on what level things are at when a village is nobled, a different order for remaining builds is often needed. When desiring to have the fastest turnover possible it is very important to have this done correctly, including balancing it with a minimum troop number.

Reply to Reason 3: I've not gone into farm manager at all as my worlds are well past farming stage, so any comments would not be based on recent experience.

As to making a world without AM being likened to a world without premium, AM is basically a feature that gives an unfair advantage to those who have the money to pay for it. It is enough already paying for premium. There is no harm in having a new world every so often that does not have the AM enabled.

DeletedUser

I have an issue with the farming part of AM... I don't find much use for it atm due to the fact that when you first send out your troops farming you could have your villages a distance from each other and then when you try and use the AM to go and collect the available resources left if you are on the wrong village which is a distance away it will send troops from that village and not the closest village that you orignally sent your troops from. This means you still have to read the reports, look where you sent your orignal farming troops from then click on the drop down menu click on that village then remember which one you want to send the troops to and click that button and do that for every one that you want to refarm.

Can something not be put in place where when you click the button to refarm it sends the troops from the village you sent your orignal or closest village to that farm?

I just started to use the FA and find this also - the barb report list is chronologically ordered and not distance ordered. It does help me when on the MAP though to quickly send farm runs. I remember in W10 when I got Premium and thought it marvelous that I could resend attacks with same troops - its like RL life the way Technology advances over the years !!:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Suggestion for AM, why not add researching to it? Worlds with 15tech researching and nobling 10 vills daily, adding automatic research could be helpful.

DeletedUser

Account manager only does what scripts do or what spending hours on tw does.

Troop manager = anyone that is large who dosnt use troop manager is 80% likley to be using a mass recruitment script.. this is so similar wouldnt surprise me if its 50% the same damm coding.. so dont complain here.. you can run a LEAGLE script instead if you feel less advantaged doing so.

Village builds. = This is no advantage becouse its rather glitchy.. it runs out of population when not set right and making your own templates is tricky work. but it dosnt give any advantage other than not having to flick through 500 vills checking you HQ twice a day.

Farm assist = this is seperate to AM and i gota say.. i tried this a few times on a large account and on a tiny account.. my opinion... complety crap. seriously... i carnt recomend it to anyone at all. you are better off using old fashioned farm scripts to do this than FA or you could use twfarmreport and do the job right.

Dont complain acc manager.. i quite world 54 due to time. but i played it for 4 months longer than i would have done if i hadnt had found AM, it made my villages always be building troops and allowed me to grow and still play since i only had a little time a day to give to it.
i eventualy passed my account onto someone else who is still running it with AM and is ranking in the top 10 of the world.

DeletedUser

Village builds. = This is no advantage becouse its rather glitchy.. it runs out of population when not set right and making your own templates is tricky work. but it dosnt give any advantage other than not having to flick through 500 vills checking you HQ twice a day.

You can build from the Build overview easily, if you have PA.

DeletedUser

can it PLEEEEEAAAASEE be possible to add the tech lvls to the acc manager?
it´s a PAINT to build, espc. on the 15 lvl tech worlds like HP, where you noble so damn fast ;(

sorry if it has been mentioned, havn´t read all of the posts.

DeletedUser101383

can it PLEEEEEAAAASEE be possible to add the tech lvls to the acc manager?
it´s a PAINT to build, espc. on the 15 lvl tech worlds like HP, where you noble so damn fast ;(

sorry if it has been mentioned, havn´t read all of the posts.

I would like to bring this one to the attention again.

Is it possible for a tech world to add this?? As for me it would work pretty good on 56..

Waiting for a reaction!

DeletedUser106595

How can I turn AM off so I can go back to manual organizing??