Discussion: Start of World 63

DeletedUser

My two nickles about co-playing which I have done right at the top. The first nickle is about playing early in the game. Co-playing is boring because there is little to do. An individual with good time planning like the college student above can be number one in his tribe and very high up on his K and world. Alone I farm first thing in the morning, again about 1000 hours, then at lunch, two, four and about 6-8, just before bed at eleven and when my dog gets me up in the middle of every night. Each time online I also check and answer PMs, read reports, and visit the tribe forums. All this takes about 30-45 minutes per time, so I have less then 4 hours invested per day. That's eight runs a day. I build only spears until I have 300 and then build up buildings for LC while using any extra res to build swords. I'm usually building HC and have leveled most builds up several times. Now it's just a matter of leveling up while turning out HC until you can build the Academy and nobles. This is manageable until you have about 8-10 vils, then things must change.
Second nickle. I had almost 40 vils and was really growing when a tribe with total points about twice my own attacked me while I was offline. It took two days of 18 hours each to even reach a state of security and 3 more days of about 12 hours to consolidate, take back some, force a peace and start growing again. I wish I had had a co-player but I didn't even know what the concept meant at the time. I played solo with about 10 hours a day invested until I had well over 100 vils and made it to a million points. It was too much to do and there were people on that world with thousands of vils. I asked how they did it, learned, began doing it myself with a smaller player than I and with a much larger player. It took much less of my time, i lost a little enjoyment and personal pride but kept me from being frazzled. SO, that's my experience with it and I think it needs controlling. then the game would not have mega accounts because one person can only do so much.

DeletedUser

My two nickles about co-playing which I have done right at the top. The first nickle is about playing early in the game. Co-playing is boring because there is little to do. An individual with good time planning like the college student above can be number one in his tribe and very high up on his K and world. Alone I farm first thing in the morning, again about 1000 hours, then at lunch, two, four and about 6-8, just before bed at eleven and when my dog gets me up in the middle of every night. Each time online I also check and answer PMs, read reports, and visit the tribe forums. All this takes about 30-45 minutes per time, so I have less then 4 hours invested per day. That's eight runs a day. I build only spears until I have 300 and then build up buildings for LC while using any extra res to build swords. I'm usually building HC and have leveled most builds up several times. Now it's just a matter of leveling up while turning out HC until you can build the Academy and nobles. This is manageable until you have about 8-10 vils, then things must change.
Second nickle. I had almost 40 vils and was really growing when a tribe with total points about twice my own attacked me while I was offline. It took two days of 18 hours each to even reach a state of security and 3 more days of about 12 hours to consolidate, take back some, force a peace and start growing again. I wish I had had a co-player but I didn't even know what the concept meant at the time. I played solo with about 10 hours a day invested until I had well over 100 vils and made it to a million points. It was too much to do and there were people on that world with thousands of vils. I asked how they did it, learned, began doing it myself with a smaller player than I and with a much larger player. It took much less of my time, i lost a little enjoyment and personal pride but kept me from being frazzled. SO, that's my experience with it and I think it needs controlling. then the game would not have mega accounts because one person can only do so much.

There are a lot mistakes in your strategy actually. I recon your first village to be umm... almost mixed? HC, swords, LC, spears, etc... Of course it depends on how much LC would you want to produce. 100 LC? Then you are defensive as I recall. Somehow I know you from somewhere... Think we have played together somewhere.

Building up different building levels? I'll give you two-three weeks of survival with that strategy. Point-whoring is never going to get you anywhere. In the first weeks (depends if you are offensive or defensive) there are only a few things to build up and those things are resource pits, wall and troops. If you are defensive, try to get parallel production running with Swords and Spears. "Waste" all your resources to them! It's not actually a waste - they'll save your arse.

40 villages is nothing to manage, even without PA. I am talking about the time when a player has 200+ villages, where he needs a co-player, so the co could (hopefully) dodge all the incomings, snipe all the trains and tag the attacks for you. I'm talking about that. InnoGames shouldn't allow it, because IT IS account sharing, and if I remember that correct, then account sharing is forbidden? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Worlds with thousands of villages - I'd say it's a point-whores paradise. Let's take W11 for example. I have ~1500 villages, that makes almost 15 million points, yeah? Problem is... This is a very small account in that world. I do agree that W11 is one of the biggest around and one of the oldest, but I don't point whore there. I have K98 locked down and it's under my control. My advice: take one continent at a time, one player at a time and the most important, don't act as a fool. TW community (as far as I know) doesn't like fools very much.

DeletedUser

right, I have pre-registered - or at least I think I have. It tells me how to invite friends so we are all together etc, but at no point does it actually tell me that by doing this I am pre-registered!

DeletedUser

right, I have pre-registered - or at least I think I have. It tells me how to invite friends so we are all together etc, but at no point does it actually tell me that by doing this I am pre-registered!

I tried out the pre-registation system once. I think you are registered now, just invite your friends and wait for the world to come out and that'll be it.

DeletedUser

Tribe

Who wants to start a tribe:icon_evil: :icon_biggrin::icon_twisted:

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
co playing can't be banned because
1.to bann coplaying you'll need IP based restriction. If it happens than even the original account holder will be able login only through registered IP.It means you can play only from one sytem.So that type of worlds will be possible only for the players who stays in home/office/school 24X7.Its possible to create such type world i guess,but i am sure that those worlds be massive failure.THe only solution is to reduce the speed of the world to 0.3x or 0.4x which is again not acceptable.So forget a "CO PLAY NOT POSSIBLE WORLD"
MS"]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Thank you, Mr. Blue Inc. Non-co play worlds wouldn't be a failure. Trust me, there are a lot of those who doesn't like co-playing - they would join.

DeletedUser

Non-co play worlds wouldn't be a failure. Trust me, there are a lot of those who doesn't like co-playing - they would join.

well said, I totally agree. It is time that tw listened to the players who are buying premium and therefore supporting them and looked into the matter properly.

DeletedUser

well said, I totally agree. It is time that tw listened to the players who are buying premium and therefore supporting them and looked into the matter properly.

InnoGames wouldn't lose anything if such a world comes out, oh no. It would actually benefit them. It would lure out the REAL skilled players from those who are just activity and co-play whores. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A humble player

Thank you, Mr. Blue Inc. Non-co play worlds wouldn't be a failure. Trust me, there are a lot of those who doesn't like co-playing - they would join.

But they don't already?

Also, the top player playing has not coplayed and been rank one on more than 10 worlds. He coplayed to rank one on another 15 or so. I've been rank one both ways. The coplayers that are at the top would be at the top anyway, there would just be more of them, it would be worse for the average player.

A humble player

They do, but yet in a while, most of them are being eaten by co-played accounts. That's my point.

Have you ever played an account with more than 200 villages adn tried to hold a top rank?
I have, solo and coplayed. I was rank one coplayed, top 10 solo. I farmed over 1 billion res a day on the smaller of the two accounts (the coplayed one) and yet, on the significantly larger solo acocunt, using the same method, I could only farm about 100 mil a day. burnout hurts big accounts, people solo playing large accounts quit or fall into obscurity. Coplayed accounts don't. That doesn't make them parasitic, just the opposite in fact, it keeps the game active.

The same is true early, fewer top tier accounts means that average players have a higher survival rate than if coplaying was banned.

DeletedUser

Have you ever played an account with more than 200 villages adn tried to hold a top rank?
I have, solo and coplayed. I was rank one coplayed, top 10 solo. I farmed over 1 billion res a day on the smaller of the two accounts (the coplayed one) and yet, on the significantly larger solo acocunt, using the same method, I could only farm about 100 mil a day. burnout hurts big accounts, people solo playing large accounts quit or fall into obscurity. Coplayed accounts don't. That doesn't make them parasitic, just the opposite in fact, it keeps the game active.

The same is true early, fewer top tier accounts means that average players have a higher survival rate than if coplaying was banned.

"Have you ever played an account with more than 200 villages..."

Mister, I own an account with 1500 villages. Yes indeed, it is not a top account, but I own it without PA. Come to show off how good you are? Arrogance proceeds many, I'd say.

A humble player

"Have you ever played an account with more than 200 villages..."

Mister, I own an account with 1500 villages. Yes indeed, it is not a top account, but I own it without PA. Come to show off how good you are? Arrogance proceeds many, I'd say.

Read what I said. Whether or not you've tried to hold a top rank, you didn't, so you can't say you have, so your statement doesn't apply. Anyway, no I wasn't showing off my skill, I was using an example that I happen to know well. Try harder next time. Maybe with a counterexample that works :O

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
But to create that type of world IP address based restriction will be required instead of user name based which will bring lots restrictions.This type will sooth only those players who always stays at same place or who carries his INTERNET with him all the time.

DeletedUser91827

Coplaying is not, and will most likely never be illegal. It is impossible to prevent coplaying. It has been discussed to death on these forums as to why that is true. Could we limit players from logging in within a few minutes from two different countries hours apart, probably, but that would not prevent coplaying. To do as you are suggesting would be unfair to those people that have legitimate reasons (other than coplay) for using multiple IP addresses, such as players that travel as part of work.

The idea to have players submit their primary IP to be the only one to be able to send attacks is also not valid. Some people have dynamic IPs that change every time they reset their router or computer. Others play from work, home, phone, school, etc, which are all valid and those players should not be penalized for having the ability to play their accounts throughout the day. If an op is set up and a player has to send attacks at a specific time, but cannot be at home at that time so they log on from work to send the attacks, instead of getting a sitter. Why should this not be allowed? Players with responsibilities such as work and school would have a major unfair disadvantage to players that can be home all day and night.

I do not have the stats to prove this but it has been my experience that the majority of premium purchasers are employed.

Here's your answer re co-playing again... the best summary I've seen in fact !

DeletedUser92753

InnoGames wouldn't lose anything if such a world comes out, oh no. It would actually benefit them. It would lure out the REAL skilled players from those who are just activity and co-play whores. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Define skill then. Because co-playing doesn't equal success. Shitty coplayers are still shitty players.

DeletedUser

Define skill then. Because co-playing doesn't equal success. Shitty coplayers are still shitty players.

Crappy co players will be replaced by a more experienced co players, therefore shitty players remain on their own and skillful players will be taken out soon by massive amount of idiotic night attacks from retarded co players. Once a non-co play world is announced (if it's announced) then shitty players remain on their own and skillful players will be there to take out the crappy ones, so we could really see who wants to play the world and is active and who is there just for some bashing and/or farming and is not so active... And those, who really suck.