Discussion: Toolbar

DeletedUser

I'm not sure of any ways Opera is superior to firefox, but that is a matter for another thread.

Regarding using browsers where the user has no option in which they use, that is just as true with opera. Which is to say, it is not limited to IE or FF.

Most public access internet in my area use opera as their browser.

Opera - Panels - Links.

DeletedUser

I for one use Opera for my game browser, but still use IE for just about everything else (like downloading programs like the toolbar--ever try downloading thru opera? its the pits--as well as email, etc.) so this would make it easier for me while going thru my email and for my studies to be able to keep track of what's going on ig.:icon_smile:

However, I will be EXTREMELY ecstatic once the toolbar has been developed for Opera, since Opera is far superior to IE when playing TW. I've heard that FF is good for playing TW, but my pc lags enough as it is, and I still dont even have all that I need for my studies downloaded yet :icon_sad: so loading FF is really out of the question for me atm.

One question I have is, what if you are supposed to be account sitting another player, does the toolbar message you about that too?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not sure of any ways Opera is superior to firefox, but that is a matter for another thread.

Regarding using browsers where the user has no option in which they use, that is just as true with opera. Which is to say, it is not limited to IE or FF.

Most public access internet in my area use opera as their browser.

Nice to know that public access internet in at least one region is mostly using Opera. I'm going in my previous comment by what people (including myself) run into at work: which is restriction to IE (in my and many cases) and to Firefox in some others. I haven't tried accessing at the local library yet.

Good to hear that some places are pushing Opera.

At home I use Opera here (although with the toolbar I am experimenting again with FireFox). I hope they do write the code for Opera for the toolbar some day, as it does have distinct gaming advantages. But I can hop back and forth as needed. (Opera has a few glitches itself. None of the browsers are perfect. Download them all if you can, I believe they are all free.)

Last edited by a moderator:

A humble player

Nice to know that public access internet in at least one region is mostly using Opera. I'm going in my previous comment by what people (including myself) run into at work: which is restriction to IE (in my and many cases) and to Firefox in some others. I haven't tried accessing at the local library yet.

Good to hear that some places are pushing Opera.

At home I use Opera here (although with the toolbar I am experimenting again with FireFox). I hope they do write the code for Opera for the toolbar some day,

download firefox or opera onto a flashdrive, then go ahead and do whatever :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Do they plan on making the toolbar accessible for Google Chrome? That's all I use for an internet browser.

DeletedUser70597

Would it be possible to have more then 1 toolbar active on the browser?
I am on a few worlds, and I am under a different account name on each. With this toolbar, I can only see the goings on of 1 account.
I suppose an option would be to leave a tab open with 1 world and have the toolbar linked to a differnt world's account.
Not sure if its a clean as it should be either.
I think there should be an option to use the current tab, rather then opening a new tab everytime I click on it too.

And an Opera one would be quite helpful, most playing is done through that for me. FF is quicker on scripts though.

DeletedUser

Would it be possible to have more then 1 toolbar active on the browser?
I am on a few worlds, and I am under a different account name on each. With this toolbar, I can only see the goings on of 1 account.
I suppose an option would be to leave a tab open with 1 world and have the toolbar linked to a differnt world's account.
Not sure if its a clean as it should be either.
I think there should be an option to use the current tab, rather then opening a new tab everytime I click on it too.

And an Opera one would be quite helpful, most playing is done through that for me. FF is quicker on scripts though.

Don't know if you could have more than 1 TW tool bar. I actually think it couldn't. If you download the same file twice you are probably only able to install it once. It is possible to have an TW, T-W and GP toolbar at the same time, but I really don't think that 2 TW's is possible.

DeletedUser

You could install it on multiple browsers (i.e. IE & firefox)

DeletedUser

Handy but it laggs when I change worlds (shows stats for old world for a moment).
Also says I have 2 new messages when I only have one.

DeletedUser

im surprised so many people are using FF over Opera tbh... i use Opera for everything now (thank you TW for showing me it lol) because i believe it to be faster and i <3 the speed dial =P

FF would be my second choice (and i only use it so that i can log onto another account that i co that i really cant remember the password to (seriously its realllllly long lol) but thats pretty much it... and when i open FF it actually takes quite a while to load =S

Opera is the fastest browser, and the easiest browser to be able to set up fast trains.

and i think I.E. is only there because of having to log on at work/college etc

[spoil]
internet-explorer-internet-explorer-demotivational-poster-1284718242.png

[/spoil]
http://www.motifake.com/image/demot...explorer-demotivational-poster-1284718242.png

DeletedUser

I.E. is one of the largest, because it's Microsoft, and it's what's on a clean install of a computer, when a person buys it.
I'm quite certain it's market share is only due to this fact, not because people prefer it as a browser of others, they just don't know the other browsers.

I'm in agreeance that I find Opera to be the fastest of the browsers, however I wouldn't call it the most simple to set up, or use..
It's probably the most raw browser out there, which allows it to do a wide variety of things through it's features, however for the average user, they just want to be able to plug and play.
They are going to likely keep using I.E., or will use Firefox as it's one of the most advertised out there pusing it's blocking of pop ups, which everyone hates, so they are often happy to try it out.

DeletedUser

i mean simple to set up t train etc

and i love the fact that i only have the smallest little bar at the top, FF/IE just accumulates extras from nowhere and you end up with a smaller window to actually do anything (and when youre on a 17" widescreen moniter that isnt the best thing

Aukana

However it would not let me log on to TW despite repeated attempts. I know I have the password correct because the same password works to log me onto the main TW page.

Same is happening to me, did anyone solve this problem?

DeletedUser

Also says I have 2 new messages when I only have one.
This should not happen anymore once 7.0 is finally rolled out.

Does this still occur? If yes, please clear your browser cache and refresh the toolbar first. Does your password contains any uncommon characters or symbols?

DeletedUser

Firefox just autoupgraded itself and omitted the toolbar. I'll attempt a new download of it, as it is pretty quite useful!

DeletedUser

Not sure if it has been spoken about but will there be support for multiple world accounts, Not everyone uses the same account on every world, some co play and so forth.

It would be nice to be able to switch between accounts

DeletedUser

I.E. is one of the largest, because it's Microsoft, and it's what's on a clean install of a computer, when a person buys it.
I'm quite certain it's market share is only due to this fact, not because people prefer it as a browser of others, they just don't know the other browsers.

I'm in agreeance that I find Opera to be the fastest of the browsers, however I wouldn't call it the most simple to set up, or use..
It's probably the most raw browser out there, which allows it to do a wide variety of things through it's features, however for the average user, they just want to be able to plug and play.
They are going to likely keep using I.E., or will use Firefox as it's one of the most advertised out there pusing it's blocking of pop ups, which everyone hates, so they are often happy to try it out.

Agreed, I only heard of Google Chrome and Opera through TW otherwise I would still use ff. I use Chrome because it was so much quicker than ff. Most of the smaller players won't bother using the toolbar, it is more likely to be used by more experienced players so it will be interesting to find out how many people actually use it.

But still it is a nice idea and it works well for some people. I definitely don't see any point in withdrawing it.

DeletedUser

is there any chance this toolbar for safari gets released to run on OS X?

Aukana

Originally Posted by Aukana

Does this still occur? If yes, please clear your browser cache and refresh the toolbar first. Does your password contains any uncommon characters or symbols?
To Tigerteufel : Yes, Ive done all that you suggested. And I still cannot log in using the password that I use ingame and to post here! My password has nothing unusual, only a combination of letters and number.

And thank you for replying - I sent an email to the quaintly named "help desk" and never got an answer.