Discussion: Version 8.0 and world 60

DeletedUser98103

It was pretty long but read most of it. Thought it just didn't mention what time it started.

TheHans

Master Commander 2016
Reaction score
I think the quests involved that give rewards is wrong.

You build a level 1 wall early on and get more resources then what you paid for it :s. Completely the wrong way to start up.

I would of probably used Purple's guide as a sort of guide's guide.

DeletedUser

I think the quests involved that give rewards is wrong.

You build a level 1 wall early on and get more resources then what you paid for it :s. Completely the wrong way to start up.

I would of probably used Purple's guide as a sort of guide's guide.

That's why you wouldn't every be assigned to manage the update <3

My only wishes for 8,0 is a quest log.

DeletedUser

I joined in the expectation that i'd start near friends...It was not so...what occurred?

DeletedUser

i think W60 should be re-launched because i pickked North West and both times is stuck me in the South west not only that there are glitches and some people got the advantage with restarting on that bonus

DeletedUser102952

the invite system was awful
we got 10 members inside the same 20x20

DeletedUser

The quest system wasn't too well thought out. I like the way you guys are going with it, works quite effectively in other games, however the rewards are in need of some work. Certain quests give amazing rewards, while others you'd think gave something worthwhile give nothing at all.

The invite system does seem a bit flawed, why would you ever want all of your friends to land that close to you? That would only hurt all of you in the long run. There should be an option everyone can select to not have any of their friends land in their 15x15 or something.

A humble player

The quest system wasn't too well thought out. I like the way you guys are going with it, works quite effectively in other games, however the rewards are in need of some work. Certain quests give amazing rewards, while others you'd think gave something worthwhile give nothing at all.

The invite system does seem a bit flawed, why would you ever want all of your friends to land that close to you? That would only hurt all of you in the long run. There should be an option everyone can select to not have any of their friends land in their 15x15 or something.

The quest system was thought out quite well. Realize that the things like WH-3 (500/300/100 res reward) precedes building 10 sp.

DeletedUser

I joined in the expectation that i'd start near friends...It was not so...what occurred?

Same thing happened to me, I had three of my friends who accepted my invites but it still prompted us to pick our starting location. The email that notified me that we have been placed in the same location came two hours late and only one of my friends were listed in there. Would like to know what happened and are there any resolutions?

DeletedUser

I agree with the restart, but would prefer a scramble on top. Due to the advantages given to those that knew, the insanely bad placement of the invite system (when it worked) and so fourth. That just makes it a failed world.

Too bad it'll never happen though.

DeletedUser

Found another flaw with the startup quest guide. Dunno if it has been mentioned before, but I used my 10 swords as a spike to wipe out every farmer in the area hence causing most of the competition to be dead before it got off the starting block

A humble player

Found another flaw with the startup quest guide. Dunno if it has been mentioned before, but I used my 10 swords as a spike to wipe out every farmer in the area hence causing most of the competition to be dead before it got off the starting block

That is a problem?

DeletedUser

That is a problem?

Considering its supposed to help newer players, it pretty much screws them over every time because of the swords given. I advocate giving newer players advantages like morale, like protection to even up the playing field even if a little bit. This is because I will probably win in a battle easily every time against a new player and it gives me a slight handicap to make the fight more interesting.

DeletedUser54677

The problem with that I see being how TW could tell if someone is "new" or not. If people got a bonus to something on their account for making a new account, I'll bet you anything there'd be people just creating new accounts for every world to get that bonus instead of just leaving it for new players. As it stands, W60 is more newb friendly than any world thus far, in my opinion. Veterans will always have the edge over new players in any game just because of experience.

But for the time being, I like W60. I think the 'quest' system will help new players immensely, and it's not -that- over-rewarding should they choose to follow the quest line instead of a 'normal' startup routine.

I also enjoy being able to move the windows on the main overview around. Speaking of; is it possible to change the size of the window? I don't mean the pixel width in the settings, tried that already. Just gets irritating to me to see two lines taken up for certain attacks and not for others.

A humble player

The problem with that I see being how TW could tell if someone is "new" or not. If people got a bonus to something on their account for making a new account, I'll bet you anything there'd be people just creating new accounts for every world to get that bonus instead of just leaving it for new players. As it stands, W60 is more newb friendly than any world thus far, in my opinion. Veterans will always have the edge over new players in any game just because of experience.

But for the time being, I like W60. I think the 'quest' system will help new players immensely, and it's not -that- over-rewarding should they choose to follow the quest line instead of a 'normal' startup routine.

I also enjoy being able to move the windows on the main overview around. Speaking of; is it possible to change the size of the window? I don't mean the pixel width in the settings, tried that already. Just gets irritating to me to see two lines taken up for certain attacks and not for others.
You should be able to fix that by changing your screen width setting.

DeletedUser

I from brazilian server and I have a few questions:

1-From when the secrets of power appear?

2-The secrets appear in Barbarian Village, which will be marked. But will arise new barbarian villages (evolved and troops) or the secret may appear in existing barbarian villages on the map?

3-Regarding the pre-registration, when I invite a player, so I choose my mundoe enter the location, it will automatically close to me when he come too? And what happens if he enters the first I?

Sorry for the spelling, I used the google translator, p

DeletedUser

Is it normal for a Bonus Village to attack you? Because I am on world 60, and I have an incoming attack from the bonus village I've been farming...AND my beginner protection is still on.

DeletedUser

Is it normal for a Bonus Village to attack you? Because I am on world 60, and I have an incoming attack from the bonus village I've been farming...AND my beginner protection is still on.
Last time I recall that happening was when cornish was nobled by a barb back on the W52 test server.
Any screenshots?