Discussion: Version 8.0 and world 60

DeletedUser

The building queue entry on the main village page would look better if it were single line per entry as per the other items on the that side of the page, there is no real need for the picture, it takes up a relatively high amount of real estate, and the text is is a different font from everything else.

It would also have been good if we could reorder the building queue from there.

DeletedUser

Suggestion:

On the village overview where you can see what troops you have supporting a village (which is awesome by the way), it would be very useful to have a Total.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I nearly fell foul of the new report views unsure if others have noticed but we now have two default folders "All" & "New reports"

Why can not the New reports option be the default folder (first in view) as more often than not its what you are after.

If not that then how about being able to change the order yourself we see this option on a few things builds, troops & quick bar spring to mind.
I would like to see them on report folders & groups.

DeletedUser

Would be nice if there was a reports/conquers filter (like the ones for attacks/defenses/trade etc... sometimes those get lost in the sea of reports and a village sits idle for a few days before you realize it)

DeletedUser

The new war stats are spiffy in some ways, but I have a few problems with them. Firstly, there seems to be no way to get stats for the current day - you can't select today on the calendar. Secondly, its become much harder to answer the simple question: are we winning or losing today (or for whatever time period).

I'd love it if the old stat system could be restored, with the new system available through an "advanced stats" option.

buick77

The new war stats are spiffy in some ways, but I have a few problems with them. Firstly, there seems to be no way to get stats for the current day - you can't select today on the calendar. Secondly, its become much harder to answer the simple question: are we winning or losing today (or for whatever time period).

I'd love it if the old stat system could be restored, with the new system available through an "advanced stats" option.

Same goes for me I very much dislike the new stats system can't read it very easy and you have to do more to get the stats you want to see.

Old system very easy to read and to see what is happening that day.

Edward M Cullen

Issues:
1) i see others have been having the same problem with the map that I have been experiencing. W40 map for any of the my villages in K30 won't load at all, K31 & 32 maps seem to be loading just fine. I've talked to a couple others on that world and they report the same problems with any of their villages in the rim Ks... map simply won't load.

2) what is with the persistent village list popup?!? everytime i try to do something it wants to pop up and i find myself having to keep closing the dang thing... whoever thought it would be nice to have something blocking quite a bit of your screen whenever you wanted to recruit troops or build buildings or attack must have been smoking something. from my support ticket, i've basically been told the only way to keep it from doing that is to get rid of my premium account... at this point in the game, it might actually be a better option to let it expire and only renew it when i truly need it...

1) kudos on the multitribe wars... its nice to be able to see how much your tribes allies are actually doing

2) war planner map... oh how i wish i would have had this earlier on! would have saved me countless hours planning wars and whatnot! then maybe i wouldnt have been so disappointed when my tribemates fell through with their participation in the wars... lol

Truthfully, the rest of it I don't have feelings towards either way... the Secret Powers thing or whatever its being called is only for new worlds from what i understand... so it looks like i won't be experiencing that... from the sounds of it, its not well received and i think it might go the way of the army camps before i get a chance to play on a new world...

HorseSoldier

can't be bothered to read if anyone's mentioned it but one issue is on Account Manager; When you go to village manager now since update, you have to scroll to the bottom of the page on each group to select all and set template. Before update I did that from the top of the page. Sure it's a minor inconvenience but I can't see how it's justified to take away from the ease of use on something that costs us so much money.

darkaniken2

Would be nice if there was a reports/conquers filter (like the ones for attacks/defenses/trade etc... sometimes those get lost in the sea of reports and a village sits idle for a few days before you realize it)
You can filter by name, so just search the word "conquers". Same effect.

HorseSoldier

I nearly fell foul of the new report views unsure if others have noticed but we now have two default folders "All" & "New reports"

Why can not the New reports option be the default folder (first in view) as more often than not its what you are after.

If not that then how about being able to change the order yourself we see this option on a few things builds, troops & quick bar spring to mind.
I would like to see them on report folders & groups.

I'm not sure what the reason is for adding the "all" folder unless they plan on not auto-deleting old reports.

DeletedUser

can't be bothered to read if anyone's mentioned it but one issue is on Account Manager; When you go to village manager now since update, you have to scroll to the bottom of the page on each group to select all and set template. Before update I did that from the top of the page. Sure it's a minor inconvenience but I can't see how it's justified to take away from the ease of use on something that costs us so much money.
I noticed that too, and was more than slightly annoyed when running AM on my larger groups.
I guess they assume we actually pay attention to the villages we're running it on.

DeletedUser5883

What's happening with the map? It's still lagging badly, and it seems to be connected with loading the mini-map, especially on the larger sizes.

DeletedUser

Didn't read the rest of this thread, but I assume this has been brought up already.
The new auto-focus on command widgets is very frustrating. It would be fine if it happened 100% of the time, that I could deal with.
But when it only selectively happens, it's damn annoying.
If I have 500 tabs open for faking, about 60-70% have the 'ok' widget focused, and the rest don't.
Sort it out.
One or the other.

V8.0 sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Didn't read the rest of this thread, but I assume this has been brought up already.
The new auto-focus on command widgets is very frustrating. It would be fine if it happened 100% of the time, that I could deal with.
If I have 500 tabs open for faking, about 60-70% have the 'ok' widget focused, and the rest don't.
Sort it out.
One or the other.

V8.0 sucks.
If you load the confirmation screen in a background tab, the 'OK' button doesn't focus itself.

DeletedUser656

Sort it out.
One or the other.

V8.0 sucks.

If you load the confirmation screen in a background tab, the 'OK' button doesn't focus itself.

This seems to be a browser limitation, we can't focus() DOM elements unless the tab is visible (in Opera anyway).

I've requested either we find a way to make it work, or the feature be reversed (or made optional).

DeletedUser

This seems to be a browser limitation, we can't focus() DOM elements unless the tab is visible (in Opera anyway).

I've requested either we find a way to make it work, or the feature be reversed (or made optional).

Or you can just allow a script that would click the confirmation button. An insta-fix, and no need to trouble Inno.

DeletedUser

But I cycle through all the tabs at the same speed, why would some focus and others not?

But yes, please make it optional (or removed).

inflrc

I totally agree with you, Morphy. Any news in the autofocus reversion?

In the meanwhile, is there an "unfocus" or similar command that we can add to T Opera shortcut?