Exposing Top 25 Players

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Regarding the original post.

Someone who has a high number of points without any ODA is generally considered as a trash player in the tw community. They may have taken advantage of an early start up, but will likely be among the first players to fold under thousands upon thousands of incoming attacks.

You are right, it is a problem. However we can all do something about it in game by killing the piece of trash who didn't work for their villages. A good TW player wants a high ODA score. A piece of trash like what was presented to us in the original post will likely not last long in this world.

Good players see the guy with the pitiful ODA score and think "oh good yummy food!"

DeletedUser1082

Give me a break with all this "holier than thou" crap. Not just from you, but from a lot of people in this thread.

http://www.twstats.com/en100/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=lose&id=11376685

You mean to tell me that this player, who was in your tribe, nuked and nobled another player and then merged with you, and that wasn't at all planned? You're sitting on rank 2 at 225 ODA because you did exactly this. That is just a fact.

How about the #1 account in your tribe? http://www.twstats.com/en100/index.php?page=player&id=11378409

27 ODA. :rolleyes:

To pretend that you're just good/better at the game than anyone else because of your rank right now is just absurd. Everyone who knows what they are doing, understands how the settings effect gameplay, and is playing competitively is using some form of this "build separate accounts and merge" strategy. To not do this is purposely playing with a handicap.

Is it unfortunate that this is how the game works? Maybe. Should it be this way? Probably not. But, the fact is this is the best play with the current rule set, and yes, many people do this. Own it.

A fool draws conclusions based on insufficient evidence.

I joined the world solo and it's my first in years, like many others, because of its settings. If I had wanted to I could have joined any of the world's premades and had 5 coplayers. I joined a local tribe, liked it, and decided to merge with a local player I had never met before, because neither of us have enough time for the game. You're very welcome to do the same, but perhaps your personality puts people off.

Now I'm a high rank, which means absolutely nothing. If anything, I don't like it. If you think I come across "holier than thou," it's probably a fault from your side, rather than mine.

DeletedUser120425

The amount of controversy this thread is creating
giphy.gif

Mithrae

What's the difference between merging two accounts now and merging two accounts in a month or two?

:confused::confused:

Prohibiting early merges would mean that new players are not confronted with such an impossible performance gap so early in the game: They'll be next to rivals with one village, or rivals with two villages who need to pause and rebuild troops before gaining more conquests, rather than rivals who've gained 2-4 top-notch villages without even spending any troops from the 'main' account. Everyone bitches and moans about how the game is 'dying,' while the #1 reason that would be so is that there are fewer new players joining and staying than there are established players leaving, and the impossible performance gap is probably the most off-putting thing for new players. New players staying longer would mean bigger/better worlds, in the long term.

Prohibiting early merges would probably also directly translate to bigger worlds in the short-term. Creating a couple of extra villages for a pre-determined account does not make a noticeably bigger world; but odds are that many people planning on co-playing would be happy to solo separate accounts up to 10 or 15 villages. By that stage, the performance gap vs. new players would be obvious anyway, so that's not such an issue. But it would mean that more rivals are being nobled out, which means more rim expansion. Some folk who'd otherwise co-play might even try going solo into late game (especially on limited hauls worlds, since 24/7 farming is the other big advantage).

Anyone who likes limited-premium worlds should also be in favour of banning early merges: Innogames makes its money either by A) fewer accounts which are PP-whoring to remain competitive or B) more accounts which are just buying basic subscriptions. Since banning early merges is likely to mean more accounts, at least in the early game, it's possible (albeit unlikely) that limited-premium worlds might be offered a little more often.

In short, if early game merges were banned we'd all be millionaires and it would rain doughnuts and candy bars :)

Last edited:

Metal Duck

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The lengths people will go to, to get an unfair advantage over others in an online game... Merging is cheating as far as I'm concerned. Any achievements obtained by such accounts should not be credited. I hold similar feelings towards co-played accounts too.

In summary, I hold most of you with absolute contempt and disdain. In the immortal words of Bilbo Baggins “I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Mithrae

The lengths people will go to, to get an unfair advantage over others in an online game... Merging is cheating as far as I'm concerned. Any achievements obtained by such accounts should not be credited. I hold similar feelings towards co-played accounts too.

In summary, I hold most of you with absolute contempt and disdain. In the immortal words of Bilbo Baggins “I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

I don't think you understand what Bilbo said.

DeletedUser120160

I joined the world solo and it's my first in years, like many others, because of its settings. If I had wanted to I could have joined any of the world's premades and had 5 coplayers. I joined a local tribe, liked it, and decided to merge with a local player I had never met before, because neither of us have enough time for the game. You're very welcome to do the same, but perhaps your personality puts people off.

Now I'm a high rank, which means absolutely nothing. If anything, I don't like it. If you think I come across "holier than thou," it's probably a fault from your side, rather than mine.

How can anyone not have time for a limited hauls start up?

DeletedUser

Players from my tribe have been mentioned a few times, so I thought I'd just clear some things up.

I started my tribe from complete scratch. There were no accounts placed on the world built up specifically to become coplayers. Yes, we do have some players in the top 25 because of various reasons though. One of our players got a village that was gifted to the tribe because the player on it decided to quit. I think he would have had three villages anyways, but not quite as good as the ones he has. Similarly, I encouraged people in my tribe to look for coplayers for such a time, with the knowledge that other tribes out there such as Beast and Gents who are relatively near us will have 24/7 coverage on their accounts. To me at least, this is just a logical move and having stronger and more concentrated activity benefits the tribe in the longer run. This is why Malreaux has an extra village, when he might have had less points at this stage. That is not to say every player in the top 25 has just taken free villages or taken full advantage of these things. Our third ranked player who is also in the top 25 has just taken their villages by force due to having a decent location as well as the villages not being too expensive to take. This was similar to how the former rank 1 player Sashaan got their villages.

Furthermore, it is not to say that these players have taken advantage of the system. One of our players could have easily been rank 1 at this stage but has chosen instead to help prenoble villages for tribemates. That's just one example of many I could give.

Essentially the point I am getting at here is that there are a variety of reasons players can get to the top at this point without having accounts work for and build for them from the start. A lot of them are luck based for sure such as having a good location or cheap/free targets but it is also just part of the game and is not a huge advantage regardless.

Correct village building if you started day 1 is going to mean you have 2-3 villages with the nobles for 1-2 more atm, so it really depends on what your targets are as to how many points you have now. For me, my first target was kind of disappointing, if I had a better area, I'd probably be top 25 now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score

Well thats kinda your problem really not anybody elses. Its the same reason that the diplomacy you make in game is completely unbinding.and doesnt really do anything except colour the map. I hear that on some regions they have these 'unofficial rules' like no catting allowed or whatever which is pretty ridiculous to me and i strongly suspect they'll have some nasty surprises on this world.

At the end of the day you can make up your own rules and ways of playing and hold yourself to it (i do it) and thats fine but its pretty retarded to try and push out those rules to other people and expect them to hold to your morale standard

DeletedUser120160

Some idiots don't understand this.

But has time to post on the externals right?

You could log on like twice a day at limited haul start up for about 10 minutes and still do fine. If you don't have time to do that, why even play the game.

Everyone that plays this game has commitments as most of us are much older than we were when we started. Just let's not pretend that's the reason why you merged when you did, if you knew you had no time you would of started with a co.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111865

But has time to post on the externals right?

You could log on like twice a day at limited haul start up for about 10 minutes and still do fine. If you don't have time to do that, why even play the game.

Everyone that plays this game has commitments as most of us are much older than we were when we started. Just let's not pretend that's the reason why you merged when you did, if you knew you had no time you would of started with a co.

What the hell are you rambling about? I have alot more commitments and social life than most people but im 2nd rated in hauls per day and in the top 20, I haven't merged with anyone... Yeah I have time to post on the forums on my works dinner.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I agree that merging has helped to ruin this game. People bitch and moan about the world being small etc but are happy to have 3-4 players on one account... Helping to reduce the world size.

Or if new players join, a merged account can quickly outgrow them with no resistance.

It is one of the things that has slowly killed the game. I much preferred when accounts could not be co-played. There is a reason there is a account sitting service in-game.

DeletedUser103748

giphy.gif

Oh, come on. Your account is even defense (4,710 ODS) because you knew you would receive free villages, and so you didn't have to worry about only being able to take tiny barbs for your first few villages. You can lie until you're blue in the face, but you're not very convincing.

It is nothing to be ashamed of. You made the smart move based on the current ruleset. Merging is the current meta of TW, and anyone who is suddenly outraged by it just didn't know, or didn't know enough people to do this. Innogames allows this to happen, and as long as it is hugely beneficial and legal, players will do it. People need to take it up with Inno or shut up about it.

DeletedUser57259

I agree that merging has helped to ruin this game. People bitch and moan about the world being small etc but are happy to have 3-4 players on one account... Helping to reduce the world size.

Or if new players join, a merged account can quickly outgrow them with no resistance.

It is one of the things that has slowly killed the game. I much preferred when accounts could not be co-played. There is a reason there is a account sitting service in-game.
Couldn't agree more.

Good luck if you aren't co-playing these days when almost every village around you has 3 people watching it round the clock.

World's would easily have twice as many players I'd Co-playing wasn't so prolific.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I much preferred when accounts could not be co-played.

No you didn't.

That time never existed.

The account from W1-W5 people praise and label as one of the best players ever was played by 4 people, its name was an acronym referring to the names of the 4 players.

Co-playing may be more common now, but it was always a thing, and always allowed.

13th Krieger

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more.

Good luck if you aren't co-playing these days when almost every village around you has 3 people watching it round the clock.

World's would easily have twice as many players I'd Co-playing wasn't so prolific.

The world would also have twice as much more disappointed players that are cleared and nobled in their off times if cooplaying is forbidden. People tend to quit the world and often TW when their work get blown away in the second while they were not there to take any potential defensive actions. If they're nobbled by bigger player wile account is on, well that's considered a more fair play for most especially if morale is on their side. Sure sitters may help, but I wish you good luck finding a trusted sitter on a regular basis, plus we should not forget there are sitting restrictions in play that may limit teamwork efforts.

DeletedUser120425

Damn, what have I caused.:cool:
Anyway my point on co-playing and what my original message was aimed to be viewed as.

Yes, co-playing is LEGAL, however it does give a big advantage. My concern was not with the co-playing but the way in which the co-players grow villages just to be eaten by the only account they will actively play for remainder of the game, and the only reason for them starting their "own" account is for it to be digested by the main account.

I was pushing for ways that could fight against the way villages are gifted by adding a rule over it and then as done with checking for multi-account'ers check IP's to be flagged if the conquerer gains a new player/IP from the village they just swallowed. Ofcourse lots of ways to get around but would be a start.

As for the people only complaining either didn't know or had no friends to do it, we are all more than capable of harvesting players to create free villages if we wanted, but prefer to try and play a more fair game. Even me and im devious as shit.

Thing most people in these replies fail to understand is myself and a few others are looking for productive ways to increase the games popularity and welcome new players into the game. If I was new working my ass off daily and someone gets gifted 1-5+ villages, that would not be a game I'd want to then start to competitively play on.