Exposing Top 25 Players

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
No you didn't.

That time never existed.

The account from W1-W5 people praise and label as one of the best players ever was played by 4 people, its name was an acronym referring to the names of the 4 players.

Co-playing may be more common now, but it was always a thing, and always allowed.

Yes it did. Sharing your password was a bannable offence. But a rule change came into effect around W5 I believe which allowed for multiple people on one account. People may have been doing it before that, infact I have no doubt they were. But it was 'illegal'.

I'm sure a pretty big player Sapphire or Gareeth on W2 got a ban for doing it, I can't remember the exact player.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I just checked the wording of the rules from 2006. It is fairly ambiguous as to if co-playing was allowed. I think it was, but that many people interpreted it in a way that suggested it wasn't.

§1) One Account per player
Each player is allowed only one account per game world (except account sitting). Sharing your password with another player is forbidden.

Examples:
  • It is allowed to play with more than one player on one computer. However, every player has to play his own account ONLY and follow §2.
  • It is forbidden to play the account of a roommate while he is not available. If an account is played by a roommate the account sitter setting HAS to be used.
  • When two players decide to play one account together, the other account has to be deleted or used solely for communication.
  • It is forbidden to force entry to an account or login unauthorised. Unsuccessful attempts will be punished as well.
Admittedly the top sounds like co-playing isn't allowed, but, lower down:

When two players decide to play one account together, the other account has to be deleted or used solely for communication.

That strongly suggests co-playing was actually allowed, and that sharing your password with another person was not necessarily bannable, only sharing with another "player". The difference being that someone who already was playing an account was another player, someone who wasn't was just another person.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I just checked the wording of the rules from 2006. It is fairly ambiguous as to if co-playing was allowed. I think it was, but that many people interpreted it in a way that suggested it wasn't.

Admittedly the top sounds like co-playing isn't allowed, but, lower down:

That strongly suggests co-playing was actually allowed, and that sharing your password with another person was not necessarily bannable, only sharing with another "player". The difference being that someone who already was playing an account was another player, someone who wasn't was just another person.

Yeah this is were the discrepancy lay. I couldn't remember the ins and outs tbh it was 11 year ago haha. But from what I can remember they got banned for co-playing but you're probably right in that one of the co-players had another account, they were playing. Hence why the rule change came about.

DeletedUser57259

The world would also have twice as much more disappointed players that are cleared and nobled in their off times if cooplaying is forbidden. People tend to quit the world and often TW when their work get blown away in the second while they were not there to take any potential defensive actions. If they're nobbled by bigger player wile account is on, well that's considered a more fair play for most especially if morale is on their side. Sure sitters may help, but I wish you good luck finding a trusted sitter on a regular basis, plus we should not forget there are sitting restrictions in play that may limit teamwork efforts.

I've played a lot of worlds under this and other names, both solo and as a Co.

Ultimately it's not hard to be one of the top 2-3 in a 13x13 playing solo when a world begins.

I can only think of one occasion where I was genuinely outclassed when playing in earnest. I am by no stretch of the imagination a world class player.

Nobody is getting rimmed while they're asleep before trains. You can't get cleared if your troops are out farming overnight. If you're playing smart your immediate neighbours won't get the chance to research cats, let alone demo your village.

While I understand being rimmed is disappointing, it is part of the learning curve for many. Frankly if nobody got the disappoint we wouldn't have much of a game. :p

By the way, I don't think it should be forbidden, I'm not against Co-playing. I totally get where you are coming from, I just think the shift in the culture of the playerbase has had a detrimental effect on worlds.

It's all good and well for the player base to say Inno are killing the game with pay to win mechanics, I simply think its important to acknowledge that the community and the way we chose to play is also a factor.

13th Krieger

Reaction score
I defo witnessed dozens if not hundreds players cleared/catted/nobled/quit when they were hit in off times. Beside I am not sure about killing game with pay to win mechanic, after all pay to win worlds were usually quite bigger then worlds like w100.

If I was new working my ass off daily and someone gets gifted 1-5+ villages, that would not be a game I'd want to then start to competitively play on.

Playing smart > playing hard. Beside like i said there is morale in play, if someone outgrow you so much at beginning he will have hard time attack you anyway.

If you ask me I would rather give some new options for new players like militia boost or "defensive strategy" that can be used to boost defenses in offline mode (but prevent sending troops outside for some time) then changing the rules and making banable something that is completely legal and meta for years now.

DeletedUser

Oh, come on. Your account is even defense (4,710 ODS) because you knew you would receive free villages, and so you didn't have to worry about only being able to take tiny barbs for your first few villages. You can lie until you're blue in the face, but you're not very convincing.

It is nothing to be ashamed of. You made the smart move based on the current ruleset. Merging is the current meta of TW, and anyone who is suddenly outraged by it just didn't know, or didn't know enough people to do this. Innogames allows this to happen, and as long as it is hugely beneficial and legal, players will do it. People need to take it up with Inno or shut up about it.

That is strictly untrue.

Most top tribes have defensive requirements, including ours.

DeletedUser120160

What the hell are you rambling about? I have alot more commitments and social life than most people but im 2nd rated in hauls per day and in the top 20, I haven't merged with anyone... Yeah I have time to post on the forums on my works dinner.

I was referring to the geezer you were defending so calm it down.

DeletedUser

Anyone can be at the top with no threats at all around and be off 12 hours plus a day. It's when there are threats. All this criticism is a load of bollocks.

DeletedUser57259

I defo witnessed dozens if not hundreds players cleared/catted/nobled/quit when they were hit in off times. Beside I am not sure about killing game with pay to win mechanic, after all pay to win worlds were usually quite bigger then worlds like w100.
How many have you seen quit during 'on' times when they were cleared/catted/nobles.... People don't like getting their shit wrecked after spending weeks or months on it, it's the nature of the game though.

I mentioned p2w as it seems to get brought up as a reason for the game dying/shrinking from a vocal segment of the player base.

DeletedUser57259

If active it is way more likely they would defend. Unlike being attacked in off time they at least stand a chance.
If you're asleep your troops should be on a 7-8 hour round trip getting you some sweet, sweet, hauls. Can't get cleared if your troops aren't home.

The best defence early on is a load of axes and cats kicking 10 shades of shite out of everything within a 3-4 field radius. :D

DeletedUser57259

Wont help you much if someone noble you. With world speed 2 you need to clear everyone 13-14 fields away to be safe for 8h without troops.
Before trains are common that's simply not happening mate.

It's what, 35 minutes a field for nobles. Nobody is bouncing that far for their first few caps.

13th Krieger

Reaction score
No need for trains, teamplay 2x2 nobles would work just fine. I would bounce quite far for good easy empty villa.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Discussing the ethics of certain behaviour is acceptable, but swearing and insulting is not. If you want to discuss the topic, please keep it civil.

Metal Duck

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
There's a really good trick to help avoid losing your troops when attacked while offline. It's called building defense.

It's a shame you didn't follow your own advice on W55.

https://forum.tribalwars.net/index.php?threads/metal-duck-vs-nauzhror-abdo.228920/

#StayingRelevant #MicDrop

giphy.gif

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Sorry Metal Duck, your five minutes of fame ended in 2011.

Before trains are common that's simply not happening mate.

It's what, 35 minutes a field for nobles. Nobody is bouncing that far for their first few caps.

You seem to be under the impression people don't use trains for their first conquers....