*F-F* vs. -=TS=- (and friends?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

With my apologies to those who would like to get this thread back to it's original foundations, I must reply to this.

I do find it interesting that HumanSword and Zalt's expressed points of view seem to convey the same raison d'être as their tribe ("winning at all costs" or "survival of the fittest") and, again, I feel proves my point on moral character.

mrdsmd, I must say that this is the worst insult that I have recieved in these hollowed forums since I began posting here 1 year ago. You have now brought my "Personal Moral Character" into question.

So, here's an example:

Last week I was driving to work. I leave home at 5:00am so it's still quite dark out. Not far from my home, about 2 miles or so, I see the two cars in front of me swerving all over the place. I jam on my brakes only to see a body roll out from under the car in front of me. The first car hit him then swerved to the left and the car behind her, not knowing what was going on, went around her and hit the poor guy a second time.

I went into crisis mode. I jumped out of my truck and started directing traffic away from him and the two women that hit hit him, as they were wondering around mindlessly crying and screaming. I called 911. They asked if the man was breathing.

He was, literally, everywhere. There was a streak of blood and gore 100 feet down the road. The second car eviscerated him and his entrails were hanging out of him. I rolled him over and searched for his face so that I could perform the CPR that the 911 operator was asking me to do. I tried, but there just wasn't enough of him left for me to try to save. He was dead.

Everyone else on the road that morning just was annoyed that they were going to be late for work. I risked my life directing traffic, I risked catching a disease trying to revive him. I have absolutely NO medical back round, at all...

I helped because my "Personal Morale Character" wouldn't let me do otherwise.

This game and RL are two totally different things.

DeletedUser

Glider as far as I'm concerned you can't build a "trusting" relationship to some guy/girl behind another computer, I think it's been proven that getting emotionally connected = death in this game... In case you didn't notice ROSE~ was disband, and I'm sure more then a few people trusted the leadership. As for responding on here it's just for my own fun, when it gets boring or bland I'll leave.

I will add this - Life and Death in real life... Villages and Rim in this game... I mean you care more when it's a situation where someone could die and not where someone could lose his villages and have to start over, if he played the cards wrong or got unlucky, why should you compensate him if he starts crying?

~Sword

DeletedUser

Glider as far as I'm concerned you can't build a "trusting" relationship to some guy/girl behind another computer,..

Well that is just "as far as you are concerned". I built many and I believe many of the players who read this also did. I dated girls I met and started to trust online, and so did many of my friends, such experiences on the average being mostly positive, more so than those that started "directly".

I beleive you refuse to admit just how "real life" your online life is. Friends you make online are just as real as those you meet every Saturday evening.

DeletedUser

Well that is just "as far as you are concerned". I built many and I believe many of the players who read this also did. I dated girls I met and started to trust online, and so did many of my friends, such experiences on the average being mostly positive, more so than those that started "directly".

I beleive you refuse to admit just how "real life" your online life is. Friends you make online are just as real as those you meet every Saturday evening.

m00t,m00t, m00t...

DeletedUser

I don't refuse to believe anything besides the fact that friends are people you build over many years and go through tough times with.

In this game, everything tribe lasts maybe 1-2 years max and things change so quickly and people's interests are different, it's just not worth taking any time investing in this fake "emotional" friendship only for you to get blindly backstabbed for putting faith in it. With friends in real life you aren't competing for everything, so not as much backstabbing and you can find true friends.

It's like ROSE~ for disbanding, I'm sure many people trusted the people who did it.

~Sword

DeletedUser7881

There are a few ways to get emotionally attached to this game, the most obvious is if you have a low self esteem and in this game you have a reputation you think is pretty high and many look up to you, so this game is your only source of self pride.

But to say that the style you play is the equivalent to the way you are in RL, is most often incorrect. As when you log onto to TW.net, you put on a mask where no one really knows who you are, so you can do what you please. To say you are honourable and loyal ingame, but in RL be the most untrustworthy person in your community is a possibility. I would say that 99.98% of people who play, play in such a way that it does not reflect the way they are in RL.

DeletedUser

It's like ROSE~ for disbanding, I'm sure many people trusted the people who did it.

~Sword

The people who disbanded it were trusted, yes. But the members could also be seen as betraying the leaders by not getting of their butts and doing something in the war.

It's alarming when out of a tribe of 90, when it came down to all the people who helped in a war leaving, only 17 or so players left to join w00t. That's 73 people hiding under the banner of ROSE~.

DeletedUser

With my apologies to those who would like to get this thread back to it's original foundations, I must reply to this.

mrdsmd, I must say that this is the worst insult that I have recieved in these hollowed forums since I began posting here 1 year ago. You have now brought my "Personal Moral Character" into question.

So, here's an example:

Last week I was driving to work. I leave home at 5:00am so it's still quite dark out. Not far from my home, about 2 miles or so, I see the two cars in front of me swerving all over the place. I jam on my brakes only to see a body roll out from under the car in front of me. The first car hit him then swerved to the left and the car behind her, not knowing what was going on, went around her and hit the poor guy a second time.

I went into crisis mode. I jumped out of my truck and started directing traffic away from him and the two women that hit hit him, as they were wondering around mindlessly crying and screaming. I called 911. They asked if the man was breathing.

He was, literally, everywhere. There was a streak of blood and gore 100 feet down the road. The second car eviscerated him and his entrails were hanging out of him. I rolled him over and searched for his face so that I could perform the CPR that the 911 operator was asking me to do. I tried, but there just wasn't enough of him left for me to try to save. He was dead.

Everyone else on the road that morning just was annoyed that they were going to be late for work. I risked my life directing traffic, I risked catching a disease trying to revive him. I have absolutely NO medical back round, at all...

I helped because my "Personal Morale Character" wouldn't let me do otherwise.

This game and RL are two totally different things.

It was certainly not meant as an insult and I apologize for making you feel insulted. Thank you for doing your best to help that person and that situation. I am sorry that you even had to experience it, the faces never go away.

DeletedUser

There are a few ways to get emotionally attached to this game, the most obvious is if you have a low self esteem and in this game you have a reputation you think is pretty high and many look up to you, so this game is your only source of self pride.

But to say that the style you play is the equivalent to the way you are in RL, is most often incorrect. As when you log onto to TW.net, you put on a mask where no one really knows who you are, so you can do what you please. To say you are honourable and loyal ingame, but in RL be the most untrustworthy person in your community is a possibility. I would say that 99.98% of people who play, play in such a way that it does not reflect the way they are in RL.

Thank You QS! I'm not not sure if you intended to, but just agreed with my original point.

DeletedUser

The people who disbanded it were trusted, yes. But the members could also be seen as betraying the leaders by not getting of their butts and doing something in the war.

It's alarming when out of a tribe of 90, when it came down to all the people who helped in a war leaving, only 17 or so players left to join w00t. That's 73 people hiding under the banner of ROSE~.

Do you really think that I was "hiding" under the banner of ROSE~?

DeletedUser7881

Thank You QS! I'm not not sure if you intended to, but just agreed with my original point.

I actually just read your first post regarding this current argument/debate. I would agree completely, but disagree as well. Every time I have been in a war situation, I have a different tactic. I have taken advantage of players, and I have sacrificed for them as well. Thats the cool thing about this game. There are few boundaries, so you can do what you want. I don't really know exactly what makes me do what I do when I do it, but I just do it. Maybe its the weather outside, or the scenario in game that affects the way I act towards others in game, I am not a psychologist.

Everyone (more or less) plays for their username. One way to get respect from your neighbors is to noble red villages, same method can be applied in your tribe to rise in ranks. You can support your tribemates and allies with scads of troops and do the same, but no one besides you and the supported know about it. That is the truly honourable player. Maybe me thinking that is where my own personal traits come into play. I am not sure.

Everything you do, if it helps someone, either yourself or tribemate or ally, is beneficial. Its when you, and your tribemates, and your allies suffer that you made a mistake, and are losing the game. Whether it be declaring war when your tribe is not prepared to go beyond building villages, or sending your support too far away and your enemy taking advantage of that. Then you and your user name are emotionally connected in the same feelings of "Oh sh!t" If it gets really bad, you stop logging on, and so does your name.

That said, yes you do get attached and your play is dictated by the way you are, but at the same time, you play as something else, so you can stray from your regular self. Unless you suffer from multiple personalities in RL, then I guess you are the same, but you are not.

DeletedUser

Do you really think that I was "hiding" under the banner of ROSE~?

No, but you were invited to join w00t S.

You didn't go, and I should have phrased myself better. The ones who were not invited were 'hiding'.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

...I would say that 99.98% of people who play, play in such a way that it does not reflect the way they are in RL.

I disagree and I at least have some arguments to support that opinion. I know 5-6 people RL who play games online and the way they behave online accurately reflects their RL characters, even when they beleive that they are playing something completely different from their RL character. Even when you are pretending to be something or someone else it is very difficult to do that effectively for a long time.

DeletedUser

I disagree and I at least have some arguments to support that opinion. I know 5-6 people RL who play games online and the way they behave online accurately reflects their RL characters, even when they beleive that they are playing something completely different from their RL character. Even when you are pretending to be something or someone else it is very difficult to do that effectively for a long time.
Unless your multiple personality or taking mind altering chemicals. I've dealt with those people and it can get pretty freaky. They're cool with you as one personality and bam a switch flips and they're trying their best to kill you.

DeletedUser

I'm going to kill you in your sleep and eat your babies.
To be, or not to be- that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them. To die- to sleep-
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die- to sleep.
To sleep- perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub!
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. Hamlet III,1

Status
Not open for further replies.