Faaaaaa(...)rk, come out, come out, whereever you are

DeletedUser

wasn't it like that since beginning? I don't notice much difference.

mattcurr

wasn't it like that since beginning? I don't notice much difference.
I was top 20 "back in the day" in high school back then no smart phones so I farmed in the morning and at night after track practice. So Basically put at 6 am I would log in for 10 minutes, at 7 pm I'd log in for about 10 minutes again, Id watch tv and other high school type things, then log in at like 9 pm-11 pm and go to bed. Can you be top 20 nowadays solo sure ive done top 3 solo, can you do it on a scheduled like that? No I am not sure I could do it on my current scheduled unless I payed a lot more attention to my phone than I do. Note after 10 villages I would say a dedicated solo player with a busy schedule could be top 30-15 easily. For incomings the alerts are loud enough to wake me.

Oh I guess to respond to the idiot none of those accounts seemed like they were any good :/ And rim starts should always be faster.........

Last edited:

DeletedUser96310

however matt, the problem now is, when your alert sounds you'd have to get out of bed and start tagging.. not so long ago you could roll over, fall back to sleep and tag when you woke. Oh for the days of "quicksilver" and "attack id's"

Michael Corleone.

Lies. Notifications and account sitting do just fine. If you're a no lifer no sleep/proxy user that's fine too.

Are those both not just alternate ways to have your account watched 24/7?
MC's point still stands.

exactly. Try again, vulture. (almurph, not you.)

Edit: And matt, did you see that according to those "good" accounts from shayd, that he cannot defend?

DeletedUser

I
Oh I guess to respond to the idiot none of those accounts seemed like they were any good :/ And rim starts should always be faster.........
Impressive job at performing the basic task of searching nickname on tw database and making full assumption from the forum account name. Sadly you were completely wrong. But good effort at trying to think, keep it up.

Michael Corleone.

Impressive job at performing the basic task of searching nickname on tw database and making full assumption from the forum account name. Sadly you were completely wrong. But good effort at trying to think, keep it up.

He did not search them, shayd provided the account information. Shayd can't defend clearly from the stats.

Read and respond.

DeletedUser96310

have you all not learned that you can't argue with corleone? The dude is a machine when it comes to pnp!! Please, let the sleeping dogs sleep. :)

mattcurr

If you're under the impression that separate comment was about you you were mistaken. If you were not than as alex said you are just wrong, I did not look up anyone's account information I asked someone to prove their claim that they were a top level starter and they posted a few middling accounts in response. Either way read more carefully :)

DeletedUser65288

have you all not learned that you can't argue with corleone? The dude is a machine when it comes to pnp!! Please, let the sleeping dogs sleep. :)

Will he make me an offer that I can't refuse? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

If you're under the impression that separate comment was about you you were mistaken. If you were not than as alex said you are just wrong, I did not look up anyone's account information I asked someone to prove their claim that they were a top level starter and they posted a few middling accounts in response. Either way read more carefully :)

sorry my mistake assumed it is directed to since you seemed to quote me and respond to my question, should read more carefully next time

DeletedUser

Just like to add to the discussion regarding the need for '25 people' to play one account. My account is played as a solo account with the assistance of sitters to firewatch and farm when possible. FA and the Keypress script make fariming a joy these days and there is no need for multiple players on each account if your tribe is set up correctly with sitters.

This is how we did it in the dark ages...

It's interesting when an account has 2 players on the account and they are sceaming for a 3rd co-player. Grow some balls and learn how to play an account without the need for 15 players to be on the account. Utilise a sitter that is the opposite timezone to you.

It's not that hard...

DeletedUser

Just like to add to the discussion regarding the need for '25 people' to play one account. My account is played as a solo account with the assistance of sitters to firewatch and farm when possible. FA and the Keypress script make fariming a joy these days and there is no need for multiple players on each account if your tribe is set up correctly with sitters.

This is how we did it in the dark ages...

It's interesting when an account has 2 players on the account and they are sceaming for a 3rd co-player. Grow some balls and learn how to play an account without the need for 15 players to be on the account. Utilise a sitter that is the opposite timezone to you.

It's not that hard...

When I was studying at uni, I could maintain a top20 account solo, no problem...wouldn't even bother a sitter for night. But now as I work 15hour days, have a fiancé to spend time with and the organisation of two buisnesses, as well as involvement within the church I attend; co-players become a vital part, yes, having 2. Normally I wouldn't mind with my night as I only sleep 4-6hrs, but this world I do have my night co, as well as a day co, that helps me while I'm busy working and organising multiple other things I'm involved with.

Though you're right in some senses, if you work an average 9-5 job, have a girlfriend or even a family with kids, you can still maintain solo playing with setting a sitter every now and then when needed...a perfect example of this who I've seen be mentioned a couple times is a good friend of mine, Jammer, his a dad of three kids I believe with busy work and yet would probably be able to rim the majority of players on this world with ease and he solo plays a lot of the time. but if you're working as much as me and do if what I do, a co player is kinda very much needed :p

Meh, who cares though, if you want a co, you have every right to have one...personally, I don't think you should claim you're a top20 player though as you have co players, should be referred to as a top20 "account" that you play. Haha and yes, I'm a top20 player if I wanna be ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Corleone.

Account sitting is a very, gray area for myself. I try to help out when people need an attack sent and whatnot, but I have zero respect for players that:

1. Need an account sitter every 10 minutes when they are afk.
2. The ones that blame a sitter for everything (OMG you didnt farm for me last night?!?!?)

The way I view it, people that just accept your account sit is a privilege. I think most of us would rather have a co player then be sat every night. Early on more activity is needed, but towards mid-game, you can start getting away with less activity.

DeletedUser

+1

I have a specific sitter page in my notebook. It outlines 3 specific rules for those that sit me:

1 - Please read this page in full so that you are completely aware of what is required when sitting the Duke's account.
2 - Watch for incoming attacks and tag them as appropriate.
3 - You DO NOT have to farm while sitting my account.

As it stands, only a select group are allowed to sit my account. All of them are trusted friends.
Ultimately, farming done by sitters is a bonus, not a given imo.

For shits and giggles, I have a few standard rules at the end of the sitter notes:

Do not declare war on anyone.
Do not change the tribe's diplomacy.
Do not invite your 45 point friend from w37, who is in another continent.
Do not disband the damn tribe.
Do not change the tribe's Coat of Arms to that of a picture of a guy doing the wild thing with a sheep...
Do not change the tribe's tag to 'Dildo'. The mods will disband the tribe if you do. Been there, done that... and yes they DID disband my tribe in another world...

Last edited by a moderator: