Farewell

DeletedUser

Docke said:
I have come to the tough decision to say farewell to Tribal wars, and all my friends in the Grind! family.

I log on and just get angry now, which is not a good reason to play a game to relax and have fun.
I know I could do what I did in the Fusion war, or the NSA war, spend a lot of time and effort organizing, fighting and planning, and continue taking the fight up to those that betrayed us, but I think about the effort involved, and the fact I have already done it twice previously and just decided to pass this time and quit entirely.
Sorry to all those I leave behind, those of you that have fought particularly well will be getting a surprise as I send out a few thousand premium points in recognition of your brilliant efforts and help to the Tribe we all helped create.

Mr Jr Token will be sole Duke now, and I will be leaving my account to someone that is deserving, and I have sent the X accounts I was sitting to Mr Jr Token to award as he sees fit.

Its been a fun 15 months in Tribal Wars, thanks for the great time we had together and I will remember my time in KGR-A and Grind! with fondness.

I learned many things from my time in Tribal wars, its unfortunate the last lesson was the hardest.
Never do the chivalrous thing and rescue a Damsel in distress.
Goodbye World 29.

lords of the emos

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry TLA pushed you to this ;)

Looking forward to the fallout from this one XD

DeletedUser

Lord of the emos, you just lost repsect of most players friend or foe

lords of the emos

I never had any in the first place - and that was a joke - sorry you didn't notice :)

EDIT: I always respected him as a player - I just enjoyed the flamewars he produced

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Some how I don’t think so, Docke is one of the hardest working people in game. He deserves better than a send off. Although tempted I did not do that when guys like eniar left.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Docke, we disagreed for most of the time this world has been going on,

but i have to admit you were an incredible leader, everyone wrote off KGR in the FUSION war but you pulled them through. This is a sad day for W29 as another great player leaves the game.

and sending out premium points?

that sums Docke up. Its just very him. I would expect no less.

Walk with pride man, walk with pride.

lords of the emos

Some how I don’t think so, Docke is one of the hardest working people in game. He deserves better than a send off. Although tempted I did do that when guys like eniar left.

Good point - okay then.

Bye Docke - you'll be missed. :)

DeletedUser

never posted in this forum except for jobetopia and now Docke;
Sorry to see that you leave this game Docke and I believe you are the best leader in W29,good luck in RL and I hope to see you again.
S.K:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Bye.... Wish you would stay and fight.. but you do what is best for you.. Who will be the new duke of Grind!?

never mind.. I see it now.. Token will be sole duke..

kind of alot to dump on someones shoulders.. I hope they get another duke to step up.. I want a full fight here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't hardly know what to say, I saw it happening but didn't know what could be done about it. Don't think there's anyone that can replace you, let alone the legacy you've left behind. I'm sure it wasn't a choice you made in haste. You have been the inspirational glue holding all together, your shoulders must be sore at best. So many of us have learned so much just by observing you. I always thought the one thing that stood out about you was that you were always so touchable, and a better flag carrier probably hasn't been born yet. I've seen many a crowd gather at your ankles. And you have a touch that Midas would be jealous of. No better example of a leader exists even in my imagination. You have set a standard by which all others will be judged and that is way beyond reproach for all to have to live up to now. I doubt you'll ever be forgotten, only other leaders will ever be sickened of hearing your name, and those that didn't hold up their end in their dealings with you will bear the brunt rewards in consequences.

I for one will keep you where you are anyway, that is close to my heart and in my thoughts, you've been a great friend.

We all love you, so take care Docke, enjoy all that life has for you, noone more deserving. And Thank You so much for all you've given us.

Linda

DeletedUser62494

Farewell Docke, It has been good knowing you. I wish you best of luck in the RL which is all that truely matters.

I wish you would stay even if just as a grunt for GRIND!. The world won't be the same without you.

Good luck and Best Regards,
Slayer

DeletedUser

Good luck Docke,retiring as top 3 tribe duke and top world ODA player is a great way to go.I have also just about had my fill with this game.

DeletedUser

Docke you little girl - You know right well that my quitting hurt NSA as I was a frontline player. You made digs at me, you didnt let me live down that I had quit and let down my tribe.

Yet you quit for the very same reasons, its taking up a lot of time, you are no longer having fun.

Yes, I will call you a little girl, I will say you are letting your tribe down, and I will say that you are running, yes, running. You are doing exactly what I said except in your case, you are even more vital to Grind than I was to NSA.

DeletedUser

Never do the chivalrous thing and rescue a Damsel in distress.

Snide comments will be met with snide replies.

I respected you once upon a time docke, unfortunatly with your recent forum behaviour that has gone out the window. Even in your farewell you try and have a dig, that is truely petty.

When the going gets tough, you got going. :) Hardly a knight in shining armour.

But Good Luck.

DeletedUser

Never good to see a great player go. I would like to personally request for you to stay and fight on.

All in all, you have done a great job and have left a legacy in the form of GRIND that covers the western world. I know for a fact the pressures and difficulties of leading a tribe, but I also know the deep enjoyment you get from it.

I implore you to stay. Otherwise good luck in RL, best wishes.

*DMGboi*

Jobetopia

To be honest Ankaar and Ebbs- I really dont care what you think here. The same goes for anyone else that wants to come onto this thread and question Docke’s reputation – we don’t care.

Docke – I think I speak for all of us at Grind here – You have never let us down and you have not let us down now.

We thank you for your Leadership. We thank you for the last 15 Months. We thank you for your support and encouragement and making the hard decisions. We thank you for your time and dedication. We thank you for the countless hours of organisation, planning, and account sitting. We thank you for always making time for every member of your Tribe, for making us all feel welcome, for listening to our problems and our ideas. We thank you for being fair and honest and settling disputes [no matter how trivial] in a fair and even handed manner.

On a personal note I would also like to thank you for the way you dealt with me towards the end of the Fusion War, you and Sober Knight were the only two dukes I could trust, and you kept your word to me. I would also like to thank you for the way you welcomed and accepted the former Fusion members into KGR, despite KGR being the victors in that war (and taking more War Caps than all the other Tribes combined) you never made us feel less than welcome and accepted.

You had Honesty and Integrity – Something that’s becoming an increasingly rare commodity in this game.

You will be sorely missed by all here at your Grind Family, and we wish you nothing but the best in Real life my friend, after so many long months of doing the impossible, of working tirelessly towards the success of this Tribe and dealing with all the pressures and constraints of leadership on our behalfs – How could we do anything less.

So from all of us at Grind, a message – Thank You.

A lot of PNP has been posted over the last few weeks, a lot of attempts have been made to demonise Docke, to tear down his reputation on the forums with all the subtlety and skill of a head hunting lynch mob – Well guess what, we don’t buy it and we don’t care. Say what you like, we know the man and we know the truth, we know the reasons for this war, and to us his reputation for honesty and fair play is indestructible.

So to anyone that wants to come into this Thread and try to score cheap points and denigrate Docke and his legacy on this World, we at Grind have another message –

Screw you.

[spoil]
The%20Salute.jpg

[/spoil]

DeletedUser

[spoil]
To be honest Ankaar and Ebbs- I really dont care what you think here. The same goes for anyone else that wants to come onto this thread and question Docke’s reputation – we don’t care.

Docke – I think I speak for all of us at Grind here – You have never let us down and you have not let us down now.

We thank you for your Leadership. We thank you for the last 15 Months. We thank you for your support and encouragement and making the hard decisions. We thank you for your time and dedication. We thank you for the countless hours of organisation, planning, and account sitting. We thank you for always making time for every member of your Tribe, for making us all feel welcome, for listening to our problems and our ideas. We thank you for being fair and honest and settling disputes [no matter how trivial] in a fair and even handed manner.

On a personal note I would also like to thank you for the way you dealt with me towards the end of the Fusion War, you and Sober Knight were the only two dukes I could trust, and you kept your word to me. I would also like to thank you for the way you welcomed and accepted the former Fusion members into KGR, despite KGR being the victors in that war (and taking more War Caps than all the other Tribes combined) you never made us feel less than welcome and accepted.

You had Honesty and Integrity – Something that’s becoming an increasingly rare commodity in this game.

You will be sorely missed by all here at your Grind Family, and we wish you nothing but the best in Real life my friend, after so many long months of doing the impossible, of working tirelessly towards the success of this Tribe and dealing with all the pressures and constraints of leadership on our behalfs – How could we do anything less.

So from all of us at Grind, a message – Thank You.

A lot of PNP has been posted over the last few weeks, a lot of attempts have been made to demonise Docke, to tear down his reputation on the forums with all the subtlety and skill of a head hunting lynch mob – Well guess what, we don’t buy it and we don’t care. Say what you like, we know the man and we know the truth, we know the reasons for this war, and to us his reputation for honesty and fair play is indestructible.

So to anyone that wants to come into this Thread and try to score cheap points and denigrate Docke and his legacy on this World, we at Grind have another message –

Screw you.
[/spoil]

Rather Ironic you said you "dont care" then went and showed you really do care what we think. I think you fail to see who the protaganist was in both cases, Docke. He gave Ankaar a horrible time when he left, now under the exact same circumstances, did the exact same thing. He had a go at Shadow et el, I responded. I dont see responding to his comments as coming " into this Thread and try to score cheap points and denigrate Docke". He is a great leader, and probally a nice person, but if you try and slag someone do not think you will be met with hugs and kisses.

The PnP caught up with him, and it seems he left for that reason with his anger at the general attitude of all involved. A big loss to Grind and world 29 as a whole, but even more of a loss to Grind's morale, will they be able to pull through, I doubt it.

Classy touch with the "screw you", jobe. :) Plesant as always.

DeletedUser87372

Docke, though you and I have not really spoken before, I can see from your history and achievements, that you have certainly been one of the most pivotal members in world 29. Congratulations in all you have accomplished to date, and whilst I would rather you stay and fight, as it is the fighting that makes this game fun, I also congratulate you for making this incredibly difficult decision to pack it in.

Best of luck in the real world, and I am pretty sure this is not the last we will see of you, so till next time, I bid you a farewell.

DeletedUser

Farewell Docke. You were a heck of a guy, and you took your tribe along way. I understand and empathise with your reasons.