Favorite Part of 72

DeletedUser98728

800813 could barely even be considered a top tribe after Callum and them ran off, and Mayhem has never been a top anything except for top-performing internal/barb nobling tribe. They make ORC look like a war machine.

Considering I ran 800 for probably 6 months after Callum left, and we took the brunt of the force from both Turtle and Cruel on both fronts stretching a lot further than Mayhem. You can't say we were shit. Maybe you weren't on the front vs us.

Don't compare 800 to ORC lmao.

DeletedUser113867

I'll leave you with this little tidbit: If Turtle were such shameless recruiters, why on Earth are we dismantling Mayhem 1 leader at a time?.

Turtle have made good progress on mayhem since cruel and vile started hitting them as well but before that mayhem were giving a decent fight and nobling enough barbs to counter what little they lost.

You are dismantling them because you outnumber them nothing to do with skill. 800813 were battering turtle until cruel stepped in to save turtle, you really think they were not a top tribe?

This world best part was the early wars because since them its just been merge merge merge and eating inactives. Mayhem and 800813 vs turtle and cruel was looking decent and 800813 merged into cruel and turtle because as padov said in another section he thought his tribe members deserved the victory and it was the best way (easiest way) to achieve it.

Though riverstyx why if 800813 were so shit did your great alliance merge with them instead of steamrolling over them?

Asylum Escapee

come on, don't blame Mayhem for doing badly now. I don't blame them for not fighting very hard now that the alliance is massive and they have little/no chance of winning. The betrayal/destruction/whatever of 800813 pretty much sealed the end of the world. And to blame Mayhem for barb nobling at this point is just.... well, it's incredibly petty. When you are at such a massive disadvantage, you need to barb up a lot to bulk up frontlines and get more backline support. Give Mayhem credit for trying, at least for a while.

and FYI, I have in fact been a member of turtle, and briefly cruel. You guys admittedly have a nice core of members, but the amount of dead account you have recruited and then internalled is massive. Sure, Mayhem also recruited huge numbers of dead accounts. You guys were just more efficient at it. The reason why I don't like you guys as much as Mayhem is because end game pacts don't exactly lead to healthy, competitive worlds.

Maybe I'm just too much of an old style player, but In the GOOD tribes I've been in, we would have just nobled 90% of the players that get recruited into the academy tribes of w72. Here, they get recruited, and then only half or so of their villages get kept when they inevitable quit immediately after coming under attack. Mayhems NAP with TKSWN, Turtles treaties with various tribes, these were all really sad alliances with noobs that should have just been nobled.

In the end, Mayhem/800813 lost because 800813 couldn't go on without their leader, and then joined the enemy, probably because the 800813/mayhem alliance was always shit and nobody ever cooperated or talked. Mayhem made many of the same mistakes of Turtle, but turtle may never get punished for them because they are on the winning side, and they've had more success managing to eat their food accounts before they come under attack.

Mayhem and turtle are decent tribes, probably were roughly equivalent in number of good players etc, but Turtle made the end-game pact, so they lost a lot of goodwill from that. That's mainly why everyone hates them.

DeletedUser

OOOHHH I love when I can stir the pot to this degree. At least it's got this boring ass forum to pipe up a little bit, unfortunately with the same trolls that never really have anything different to say. I'll start with Dan b/c there's some obvious misconstruing of info that he didn't quite catch:

The fall of 8008s leadership and you being thrust into a position of leading --that you even admitted wasn't something you wanted to do-- was the beginning of the end for 8008s. That's why when the power shifting began, and then not long after that Cruel hitting your undefended backside, the leaving of Callum/Jamie/etc was just the beginning of the snowball effect. I think you did a great job with the shitty situation you were placed in, but in no way could 8008s continue with the expectation of a top tribe with that much going on.

The second part --the reference to Mayhem making ORC look like a war tribe-- was an oversight on your part. Seeing as I fully know that 8008s were the ones who crushed the barb noblers and started the Turtle/8008 war after Trent recruited said players into the tribe (a sour subject for many of us). Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Turtle have made good progress on mayhem since cruel and vile started hitting them as well but before that mayhem were giving a decent fight and nobling enough barbs to counter what little they lost.

Oh really? So somehow the fact that Cruel had barely a handful of players attack the Grumpy account, that's what caused the massive fallout huh? She was OP'd around the 8th of March so we'll go with 3 month stats before that point:

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: Turtle, Ninja
Side 2:
Tribes: Mayhem, -A-

Timeframe: 07/12/2014 00:00:00 to 07/03/2015 02:31:28

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 800
Side 2: 269
Difference: 531

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 7,036,939
Side 2: 2,421,764
Difference: 4,615,175

chart
[/spoil]

Looks more like Mayhem was already falling down, the latest two OPs are the absolute tipping point though. Did Cruel help to expedite it? Yep. Did they cause it? Hell no.

Though riverstyx why if 800813 were so shit did your great alliance merge with them instead of steamrolling over them?

We took one person, bar none in my opinion the cream of the crop with Dan. Whatever Cruel did is up to them, I don't speak nor have I ever pretended that I do. And nowhere did I call 8008s "shit", I said they weren't a top tribe for very long at all. And they weren't. L2R :lol:.

come on, don't blame Mayhem for doing badly now.

They had never really done well except for when they were munching on a few accounts that we didn't even have a sit for. They can continue to cry about how Dan decided to drop their alliance and surrender, but that sounds a lot like an excuse that their only shot was their alliance. Maybe if they had actually put pressure on Turtle --seeing as our border with them has been substantial for a very long time-- they could have saved 8008s. But they were always comfortable with nobling barbs and hording internals. Their one shining point was catting the Noobs account, and even then they did nothing to try and noble him. What good does that do when we have AM running the show?

The reason why I don't like you guys as much as Mayhem is because end game pacts don't exactly lead to healthy, competitive worlds.

Was pretty damn competitive when we were fighting on all sides of us, from the North, the West and the South. Again, 3 of the top 5 tribes were all hitting Turtle --with no help from Cruel for a LONG time-- and they couldn't coordinate between themselves to bring down 1 tribe? That's called TERRIBLE leadership/coordination. Mayhem/8008s made an alliance that obviously would have continued had Turtle broken. Would you all be crying like babies over them had they won? Nope, you would have loved it and proclaimed them great strategists. Get a grip, you will forever cry over 1 alliance on this world. We had the same thing happen in W19, but our leadership was smart enough to break the #3 tribe before tackling the #1 tribe and winning the world. It's called strategy, something this world lacked. Except for 2 tribes :icon_cool:

Asylum Escapee

I guess the competitiveness of the world seems different from different viewpoints, but for the south it really did feel incredibly boring and stale. Perhaps that was the true strength of Turtle et all, their ability to stay somewhat fresh (well, their core of good players that is).

I know for a fact some of Mayhem's best players left because of sheer bordeom with the way the world was going. Some of that can be attributed to Mayhem's leadership and focusing too much on Turtle instead of mopping up easier targets to gain strength. They could have done much better had they declared on TKWSN sooner, focused more on them, and gained some territory.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

TKWSN was only warred because they wanted to force stuff on Mayhem.

Asylum Escapee

No offense, but you'd be one of the ones I'd have nobled instead of recruited had I been leading :p

DeletedUser113867

river styx mayhem have been attacked by cruel for a while, only nobling a couple of villages, but that made the players move alot of defences around then you started winning, just because cruel did not focus on them or op them does not mean it was not them joining in that made you start the gaining lots more.

Skill did not win this world, nuking with the countless dead accounts and letting actives noble did. The merge between cruel nomads and 800813 aswell.

I was in 800813 and had quit before the cruel war and me and artful both new cruel were planning on backstabbing, the leaders were shit at listening to advice so it was there own fault that they did not prepare but turtle only survived because of the allies.

xman182

I was in 800813 and had quit before the cruel war and me and artful both new cruel were planning on backstabbing, the leaders were shit at listening to advice so it was there own fault that they did not prepare but turtle only survived because of the allies.

Please elaborate I'd love to here how we backstabbed anyone. Nice try tho.

Viscida Vocatus

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
well i was in boobies then i joined cruel to become a mayhem spy..
still havent noticed me, but i did give away the account, still i log on once in a while to give some info.

best time was during the boobies/mayhem war haha, should have seen them xD both tribes were going crazy because neither one got the right info xD

DeletedUser

I have no respect from the Nomad merging players that left as soon as their tribe went to war. Such a pathetic bunch

Agenroe

well i was in boobies then i joined cruel to become a mayhem spy..
still havent noticed me, but i did give away the account, still i log on once in a while to give some info.

best time was during the boobies/mayhem war haha, should have seen them xD both tribes were going crazy because neither one got the right info xD

Well we know now dont we dan?

I have no respect from the Nomad merging players that left as soon as their tribe went to war. Such a pathetic bunch

Get the facts straight, they were switching over before that war was declared.

Last edited:

xman182

Those players I had been in talks with for months before. They didn't feel like being tools to be used by another tribe so had always planned to join when the time was right. Sorry the big plan to gang bang us didn't work out like it was suppose to. But some players are smart enuff to not believe lies and PNP being fed to them by others who like to use people.

DeletedUser

Can't beat the lack of knowledge Age. lol

A quick password change does wonders. :)

DeletedUser

Those players I had been in talks with for months before. They didn't feel like being tools to be used by another tribe so had always planned to join when the time was right. Sorry the big plan to gang bang us didn't work out like it was suppose to. But some players are smart enuff to not believe lies and PNP being fed to them by others who like to use people.

Translation: Some players can't fight real wars

DeletedUser

Ring leader himself decided to show up after playing through how many accounts? :) Rock on pack!