Feedback Classic

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The feedback that you guys are giving isn't proper feedback. It's just ranting at a screen while being misinformed.

and your feed back was? typical cancel culture don't like it don't accept it.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Oh well what's the point of asking for feedback. Do whatever you guys wish is right and stop showing it to be inclusive decision.
Imagine asking for feedback then complaining when the feedback isn’t complimentary of your work

@JawJaw it isn’t the sniping in itself that gives the kick, it’s finding new ways to skirmish and just about hold a village when it was looking so bleak. When the options become just stack or recap, of course it’s going to take a huge part of the enjoyment out for the many that enjoy skirmishing

I dont think you guys understood his message clearly, all settings except the no ms setting can still be changed from feedback... also he took his time to give you a background to that reason, appreciate you are able to give feedback for settings at all, cause i dont think thats what they used to do "back in the days" ;)

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Why isn’t it? By that logic are you not just ranting at a screen at me now?

Giving reasons we don’t like something IS feedback

Lets be honest they say they want feedback but they don't, thats why we play worlds with barely 4 continents now when there used to be multiple. this game has game developers and money hungry executives that do not care, the only reason tw is still alive now is because it was that old a game with many people already addicted to it, and they forced pay to win on them for there own pockets. they don't care about classic or non pay to win players, and the argument oh we have it on different servers. like german players wouldn't accept our settings or our larger noble distances etc why are we being forced to? and trains werent a thing on the original servers and people got banned for it when it started if i remember right.

Tribalwars to its player base for the past god knows how long has been about timing sniping back timing everything that makes tribalwars, and has been a big part tribalwars for longer than it hasn't been. without it this game is just straight up boring.

also you say people can learn all this stuff searching 5 mins on google, then why does the player base still have huge gaps in skill even more noticable at times than when the worlds where huge?

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Why isn’t it? By that logic are you not just ranting at a screen at me now?

Giving reasons we don’t like something IS feedback

Like JawJaw already said the " this isn't classic argument" is uninformed.

You guys also do not understand the concept of 1 off worlds having something unique.

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

You guys also do not understand the concept of 1 off worlds having something unique.

but this is a classic world, why are we getting unique stuff on a classic server by definition the name "classic" means what we had before. thats like world of warcraft throwing in loads of new stuff when they released.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
but this is a classic world, why are we getting unique stuff on a classic server by definition the name "classic" means what we had before. thats like world of warcraft throwing in loads of new stuff when they released.

JawJaw already explained how we have had the setting before. .net had what 60+ worlds without PP? That's a lot of setting combinations

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
JawJaw already explained how we have had the setting before. .net had what 60+ worlds without PP? That's a lot of setting combinations

for sure there might have been at some point, i have played since world 4 and i have never seen it before, i also played start up on every world from like world 50 - 70, but its exactly that a few worlds had it and it never was used again. but i have also played every no hauls except world 71 and world 100 i know that they never had anything close these settings, so they used it a few times and then never used this setting ever again. they grudge giving us no hauls as it is and hit us with terrible settings?

Just because it works on different servers that have had these settings for ages like german servers or the otheres he mentioned doesn't mean it works here. this is also probably why we aint had the other servers merged in to us yet. they wouldn't accept it and they will loose some of there player base from those servers.

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

That wasn’t the only argument given, it was the only one he answered

Not every unique idea is a good idea

King Clown

Reaction score
That wasn’t the only argument given, it was the only one he answered

Not every unique idea is a good idea

Not everyone hates "this" unique idea as well I guess? All I see is a bunch of known faces complaining about the new settings. Agreed, it's not the best nor what was expected. But, why not a change once in a while?

This game should be more welcoming for newer community to experience different styles/features which exists than only for a bunch of experienced old schools who more prefers a set of settings. Let's just adjust for once may be? I personally do not like all settings on this world, but no one is forcing me to play on this settings either. And I have not seen any such setting in recent days.

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Not everyone hates "this" unique idea as well I guess? All I see is a bunch of known faces complaining about the new settings. Agreed, it's not the best nor what was expected. But, why not a change once in a while?

This game should be more welcoming for newer community to experience different styles/features which exists than only for a bunch of experienced old schools who more prefers a set of settings. Let's just adjust for once may be? I personally do not like all settings on this world, but no one is forcing me to play on this settings either. And I have not seen any such setting in recent days.

Aint that why we have normal worlds for new players to play and learn, this is a classic world. its for older players no? any new player will play tw and instantly start on a pay to win server and think thats just what tribalwars is?

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Settings look sexy as heck!

Those who say they don't want full seconds, simply don't play this world.

Classic worlds are for the advanced players so ultimately need challenging settings. They also last 2-3 months usually so it won't be long til the next world :)

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Settings look sexy as heck!

Those who say they don't want full seconds, simply don't play this world.

Classic worlds are for the advanced players so ultimately need challenging settings. They also last 2-3 months usually so it won't be long til the next world :)

we get a no hauls once a year rob why you lying.

King Clown

Reaction score
Aint that why we have normal worlds for new players to play and learn, this is a classic world. its for older players no? any new player will play tw and instantly start on a pay to win server and think thats just what tribalwars is?

Well, you gotta understand that "newer community" doesn't really literally mean "newer players". I'm a bit old school guy here, playing for last 13 years. But, there are people who might be playing this game for last couple of years as well. They might have never had a chance to experience this "classic" style of full second trains. Hope that clears up your question.

Also, just to add on, no where on TW it is stated that the newer community is expected to only play normal worlds and should not try "Classic" worlds till they have X number of years as experience. The definition of experience might vary from player to player. I have seen players who have grown to master TW game style in less than a year and also players who have played for over 10 years and still doesn't know the basics. It's a free world, don't you agree? Let every one try something new (may be old for those who already experienced it).

Pronouns are Imp

Reaction score
I see people complaining that we are giving feedback so instead of canceling our feedback please contribute and give yours. we have every right to say what we feels and if your only reason to post is to say our feedback is wrong in a feedback thread then you have an issue.

King Clown

Reaction score
I see people complaining that we are giving feedback so instead of canceling our feedback please contribute and give yours. we have every right to say what we feels and if your only reason to post is to say our feedback is wrong in a feedback thread then you have an issue.

Every feedback doesn't need to be straight forward. Counter feedback is also a way of sharing our feedback. I guess, your expectation is wherein someone either posts that he/she likes the settings or just not (with or without reasons) and nothing else :)

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score

The problem is that the feedback was quite frankly shit.

Jawjaw was clearly looking for meaningful feedback about how this setting would affect gameplay. Instead all he got was mostly

tHiS sEtTiNg Is WeiRd!!

Or

"This setting doenst follow the narrative of what i think classic should consist of"

What should have been posted if people didnt want this crappy setting was something like this:

I dont agree with this setting because when it is in conjunction with expensive nobles and no hauls it greatly restricts defensive gameplay options. Recapping becomes a very cost-ineffective strategy and therefore your main option will be to just simply stack each nuke/noble that comes in. Any setting that reduces your options either in terms of attacking or defending should be considered flawed as it artificially lowers the difficulty ceiling. This world will primarily come down to who can be the most cost efficient with their nobling which will be mostly down to having the best spreadsheet/AM template to build the barbs you take. Additionally these type of settings create a risk-adverse environment which will encourage gentle merges and internalling. Therefore i feel like these settings are contrary to the concept of classic worlds being a 'hard mode' TW game setting. The world will likely be relatively passive and tame.

The reason i didnt post it is because i think classic is a wankfest anyway so i had no intention of playing regardless. But i bet if people had posted stuff like this JawJaw would have been more likely to take it into consideration.

The whole debate is part of a wider issue of a disconnect between what the tw community considers the essence of 'classic' and what Innogames themselves consider to be 'classic'

Perhaps that wonderful think tank sub forum could be used to discuss this critical and riveting issue

pulsR

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The problem is that the feedback was quite frankly shit.

Jawjaw was clearly looking for meaningful feedback about how this setting would affect gameplay. Instead all he got was mostly

tHiS sEtTiNg Is WeiRd!!

Or

"This setting doenst follow the narrative of what i think classic should consist of"

What should have been posted if people didnt want this crappy setting was something like this:

The reason i didnt post it is because i think classic is a wankfest anyway so i had no intention of playing regardless. But i bet if people had posted stuff like this JawJaw would have been more likely to take it into consideration.

The whole debate is part of a wider issue of a disconnect between what the tw community considers the essence of 'classic' and what Innogames themselves consider to be 'classic'

Perhaps that wonderful think tank sub forum could be used to discuss this critical and riveting issue

Not really interested in what you think about classics but I agree with what you said after that haha