Feedback Classic

Pronouns are Imp

Reaction score
The problem is that the feedback was quite frankly shit.

Jawjaw was clearly looking for meaningful feedback about how this setting would affect gameplay. Instead all he got was mostly

tHiS sEtTiNg Is WeiRd!!

Or

"This setting doenst follow the narrative of what i think classic should consist of"

What should have been posted if people didnt want this crappy setting was something like this:

The reason i didnt post it is because i think classic is a wankfest anyway so i had no intention of playing regardless. But i bet if people had posted stuff like this JawJaw would have been more likely to take it into consideration.

The whole debate is part of a wider issue of a disconnect between what the tw community considers the essence of 'classic' and what Innogames themselves consider to be 'classic'

Perhaps that wonderful think tank sub forum could be used to discuss this critical and riveting issue
you won't play the world yet post here so what is the point. your post is null and void since you won't even play. We don't like timing and fake limit and that is our feedback.

I have seen many of likes you who won't play this world yet sucking to authority to get some cookie points.

Pronouns are Imp

Reaction score
I never said anything that would suggest otherwise. I’m giving my feedback on a thread specifically designed to write feedback
You can't give feedback or trolls will attack you and will say your feedback is shit and funny thing is they won't even play this classic.

Deleted User - 848896163

2 thing going on here:

1 . if you hate settings dont play it. i kno big brain energy here but lol

2 . nice 2 see mods+admins come out with chitty settings per usual. they only listen to p2w player idk what u guys expect

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
you won't play the world yet post here so what is the point. your post is null and void since you won't even play. We don't like timing and fake limit and that is our feedback.

I have seen many of likes you who won't play this world yet sucking to authority to get some cookie points.

I couldnt give a flying fuck about the mods and their opinions and they know that particularly well.

If you wanna continue crying and whinging that your precious classic settings aren't to your specific flavour then feel free by all means. I look forward to seeing your tears in future threads when this inevitably keeps happening because the classic community is incapable of forming coherent constructive criticism

Peace.

Pronouns are Imp

Reaction score
I couldnt give a flying fuck about the mods and their opinions and they know that particularly well.

If you wanna continue crying and whinging that your precious classic settings aren't to your specific flavour then feel free by all means. I look forward to seeing your tears in future threads when this inevitably keeps happening because the classic community is incapable of forming coherent constructive criticism

Peace.
Do you really think if we post posh English they would care? :D

pulsR

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Peace.

Can clearly see how to construct criticism from your way of talking, pipe down and go back to your worlds, people here are just frustrated, they'll suggest coherently eventually.

pellegrina

Reaction score
I played the Italian worlds back in 2006 when settings like this "Classic" were the norm, although they were not No Haul and the tribe limit was usually higher. Back in the day you had to know how to defend almost more than how to attack, so hopefully I'll be able to remember those lessons :D

I also remember when Inno introduced the new noble system (the gold coins) and there was a lot of outcry on our forums because people were convinced it would be much harder to create nobles. That lasted until about the second month of the first world with the new system :D :D

Having said that, the old Italian worlds had no end game. In the sense that there were no conditions for victory - some of them had been open for years when the servers were finally shut down after Inno stopped the license agreement they had at the time with GameForge. So I'm not certain how the combination of No Haul and the very small tribe limit will impact the duration of the world. It will be interesting to find out :)

P.S. I may have started on the Italian worlds but there is nothing wrong with my English, so if anybody out there is looking to recruit an old lady who has been playing this game since she was a lot younger, look for MataHariC46 :D

Deleted User - 848983838

Having said that, the old Italian worlds had no end game. In the sense that there were no conditions for victory - some of them had been open for years when the servers were finally shut down after Inno stopped the license agreement they had at the time with GameForge. So I'm not certain how the combination of No Haul and the very small tribe limit will impact the duration of the world. It will be interesting to find out :)

original .net worlds didn't have any victory conditions either.

Deus Vult2020

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Markets such as DE, PL, TR, RU, NL (a few of the largest game markets out there) use this setting on an extremely frequent basis (I consulted with them this morning, because of the received feedback), and their players actually appreciate the difference
Cool that their players enjoy it, but
A) Different markets have different preferences
B) Shouldn't you be more worried about what your own players like? Because incase you haven't noticed the majority of the feedback for this rule has been negative sofar .

Not even to mention that literally every player that googles for 5 seconds can find a perfect way/script to snipe every train possible. If you tell me you get a kick out of sniping a train, which almost every 'noob' can do after 5 minutes of practice, then again... maybe classic is not really for you.
Wait.... Let's take a minute to let this sink in...
So you think by googling a snipe calculator script... Every person(or as you call it, every "noob") can 100% successfully snipe every train? Even on 25ms times?(aka full train 75-100ms).
You're joking..... right?

First of all;
1) Please tell me which LEGAL script you can "google" which will 100% snipe every train automatically. So that theory is out of the window.

2) Sure, I can google how to snipe in 5 seconds.
I can also google how to do brain surgery or open heart surgery in 5 seconds. That doesn't mean I can also actually do it after 5 seconds.

3) So I don't know how delusional you are, But claiming every person(even an unexperienced/new player) will first try snipe every train even at 75-100 ms is just incredibly ridiculous... Also let's keep in mind there's a big difference between being able to snipe 1 train for demonstration purposes(aka "casually") and having to snipe 10+ trains at once in a short time frame(during a coordinated attack ).

Also... If you claim sniping is so easy... Why not make it more difficult? Make shorter MS attacks or something...
But no. Instead let's just remove a CORE mechanic of the game right? Sounds rather lazy and uncreative

After consultation with my colleagues from other game markets, we have decided to keep the full seconds setting activated on this classic round, and we will evaluate how this goes during the runtime of the world. A true Tribal Wars veteran, a classic veteran, can adjust to this situation and will truly deserve the world win.
TLDR; or alternatively put:
Hey Guys, we asked your feedback, and even tho the majority of it is negative about it. We're just gonna ignore your feedback and do our own thing + basically give you the digital equivalent of a middle finger. Oh, and as a little extra. We're going to lowkey insult our playerbase by suggesting they're not a "TRUE" veteran because they don't agree with what we decided to shove down their throats..... Nice...

After your posts... I really wonder... How exactly are you "community manager"? Sorry to put it so bluntly but you seem entirely incompetent and inadequate for that position.
It seems you're entirely out of touch with the community and even the game(Again referring to the "script that will legally make every player guarantee snipe every train).
Not to mention looking at some of your posts as a "community manager" you seem borderline condescending, insulting and on the edge of being disrespectful to players. I mean... Who are you to suggest where players might or might not "belong"?

Multiple Wargasms

Reaction score

Peace.

Not only his specific flavour...there are many of us givving our feedback and got these settings. Are you the mods lawyer or smth?

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Your feedback was 90% trash whining that looks like it was written by entitled manchildren. (A few exceptions)

I took the time to explain to what kind of feedback JawJaw would take into consideration based on previous experiences despite the fact that clearly I have no love for the obnoxiously circlejerking classic 'community'.

I'm doing it because I like tw and regardless of my opinion on classic I like seeing other people enjoy TW with their own playing preferences. If you prefer to scapegoat me for my tone rather than learn from the content I provide that is your problem.

The reason I play pp worlds is because I get my kicks from destroying people who dropped 5 figure numbers on pp only to see me pop up on the frontline and waste all their 'hard earned' villages.

Its quite satisfying to me.

pellegrina

Reaction score
Just reasoning things through (as somebody who has played old style worlds) I think that the fake limit is intended to balance out the fact that sniping is not possible. Back in the day the settings were very much to the advantage of offensive players, because they could (and still can) rebuild quicker. Because there is no morale this means that a larger offensive player can bash a smaller defensive one seven days a week if they want, and then take the village when the smaller guy gives up in despair. I guess the fake limit is to reduce the amount of bashing?
Also, I assume the flags will not be available? (I did read the settings, just can't remember seeing anything about them.... sorry if I'm just blind :D)

Edit: I looked again and I guess I'm just plain blind :D :D No flags

Last edited: