For the Record Recorded.

DeletedUser

On this magnificent day as we gaze upon the field of battle, it has fallen upon me to write certain matters regarding this auspicious occasion. On this glorious morn as I arise from my tent, I find mist has encompassed us about. It is a brisk morning and I have awakened before dawn to prepare for battle as my nerves would no longer allow me to slumber. As I look around at the massive encampment of tents, horses, siege equipment and other miscellaneous weapons that empower this Great War machine, I can’t help but reflect upon how we arrived at this moment.
It was a peaceful time in our land long ago. Of course there were certain unavoidable skirmishes in the outlying regions. Those can never be avoided when raiders, bandits, and young kings try to encroach on your lands. But then a new kingdom began to grow. The tribe called For the Record began to increase in rank through minor battles and diplomacy.
At first it was nothing noticeable as they were in a distant land, and a few of their closer outpost villages were burned by our border patrols
IMG_2408.JPG.

But they kept building new outpost villages nearer our borders and growing in number each day. One day they even dared to invade as near as our neighboring trading nation Wild Owl without provocation. I think we lost a few innocent civilians that day that happened to be visiting there at the time. As 4TR, as they are called, began to grow our leaders became more and more interested in keeping a watchful eye on their actions. As we sent scouts deep into enemy territory we learned certain information that must be kept confidential to this day, but it became apparent that 4TR would even dare attack us, the great Barcode, one day. This was the final straw. This hostile nation must be dealt with immediately and severely, but could we win.
Of course we are mighty warriors seasoned in battle with massive armies and war machines
the-mighty-warriors.jpg

But this hostile nation has been growing so rapidly and with much promise. Then we noticed that their greatest warrior named King9979 was only devouring his fellow tribe mates and not protecting his kingdom by conquering the surrounding savage lands. We did have hope, we could win this battle and we will. We will declare war on this nation and act swiftly. We will attack them before they have the chance to complete their battle plans to attack us. We assembled the armies and travelled several days over treacherous terrain to arrive at this point.
We traveled stealthily, moving only at night without lanterns and along rivers and dark forests to finally reach our encampment
Dark+walk.jpg

And so it began..
So keep it in your records that For the record is Checkmated.

checkmate.jpg

Barcode shopping season is on.

ekhw8y.jpg

By Jazbix and Dust and shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100507

nicee, another war in k34 my neighbours :p goodluck to 4tr and barcode

DeletedUser

As pretentious as the wording you used was, and as irritating as the whole declaration itself is, that's all about personal taste. However, I would question this:

As we sent scouts deep into enemy territory we learned certain information that must be kept confidential to this day, but it became apparent that 4TR would even dare attack us, the great Barcode, one day. This was the final straw. This hostile nation must be dealt with immediately and severely, but could we win.

So you began spying on their tribe, yet they're the hostile ones? I'm presuming 'sending scouts' is your annoying roundabout way of saying 'spied'. If you actually sent scouts (as in attacks), and weren't simply being intentionally convoluted, how again does that make them the hostile ones?

Good luck nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

uldza

As pretentious as the wording you used was, and as irritating as the whole declaration itself is, that's all about personal taste. However, I would question this:

So you began spying on their tribe, yet they're the hostile ones? I'm presuming 'sending scouts' is your annoying roundabout way of saying 'spied'. If you actually sent scouts (as in attacks), and weren't simply being intentionally convoluted, how again does that make them the hostile ones?

A shit and downright pompous declaration, but good luck nonetheless.

You don't know what the word hostile means. A tribe could be hostile even if they didn't attack or do anything, it can be hostile just by existing there next to another tribe. And you are simply trying to make that phrase sound bad. That could merely be Barcode getting information that 4TR are planning something against them but I guess we will never know what exactly that was.

DeletedUser

I never said they weren't hostile. I dont know if they were or not. I was implying that Barcodes actions were seemingly more hostile than those of 4TR, even though the opening post of this thread would convey the opposite.

Unlike you, I make conclusions and comment based on what was actually said, not what I believe someone meant.

Nice try at putting words in my mouth, though.

DeletedUser

A shit and downright pompous declaration, but good luck nonetheless.

As in we got intell they were preparing to move on us.
Tried hard much to find something in the pnp to translate it in a bad way?
Failed. Next plz.

DeletedUser

As in we got intell they were preparing to move on us.
Tried hard much to find something in the pnp to translate it in a bad way?
Failed. Next plz.

If you're going to make a claim, back it up.

Oh and trust me, the entire thing was bad. But it seems to be the standard in TW nowadays. But as I said, everything else was a matter of taste. I questioned you presenting something as fact when the opposite seems to be true, and your response is "fail". Fair play to you, you really put me in my place.

DeletedUser103140

Oh and trust me, the entire thing was bad. But it seems to be the standard in TW nowadays. But as I said, everything else was a matter of taste. I questioned you presenting something as fact when the opposite seems to be true, and your response is "fail". Fair play to you, you really put me in my place.

What do you expect?

A declaration is good for nothing else then making your tribe look good, and get other players interested in the matter.
No way somebody would right "Our spy told us they are planning to attack us" because thats just stupid... and im not saying thats the way it went down.
We basically just got a heads up from a player in another tribe about the way they talk in the shared forum.

DeletedUser

I disagree on the purpose of a declaration, but again thats a matter of taste so Ill agree to disagree.

The post actually basically did say that. It said "we sent scouts" ('scouts' now being accepted as the pretentious term used for spies) into "enemy territory" and discovered they were "hostile". So yes, in slightly less convoluted wordage, the declaration did say "our spy told us they are planning to attack us". Or do you disagree? If so, please explain why and don't mimic the previous example of simply saying "fail".

If all you got was a heads up from apparent pillow talk, then the declaration was either misleading (at best) or lying (at worst). If the declaration was truthful, then you are lying. Which is it?

DeletedUser

Tell me more about this imaginary time when players in TW didn't lie, spy, and backstab.

DeletedUser

Tell me more about this imaginary time when players in TW didn't lie, spy, and backstab.

Why don't you tell me about it, since you're the first person to mention such a thing? Or simply tell me more about this imaginary time where I made such a claim.

DeletedUser

It's possible I misinterpreted the post I quoted. "But it seems to be the standard in TW nowadays." <- implying it wasn't always like that

DeletedUser

It's possible I misinterpreted the post I quoted. "But it seems to be the standard in TW nowadays." <- implying it wasn't always like that

Apologies, allow me to clarify.

I was referring to how I found the declaration "bad". Although I found it bad, it appears to be on par with most declarations these days. My point was that, in general, the standard of PnP nowadays is pretty crappy. I wasnt referring to spying, etc.

DeletedUser103140

You are taking the thing way to straight up.
Its supposed to be a nice little story with metaphors for what happend. I mean it starts of "On this magnificent day as we gaze upon the field of battle" but today was neither magnificent, its rained all day, nor are we on any kind of battlefield, we are in fact sitting in a room infront of a screen playing a game.
So when the post says "scouts" it doesnt mean anything at all it just says that we got the information and because we didnt want to say that it just fell from the sky we put in something that makes sense in the context of the little story thats told.

Hope that helps you actually understanding anything said in the post...

DeletedUser

The point isnt the 'scouts'. The point is the 'we sent'. If you didnt send in spies/use spies, say you received information from a local villager or something, if you want to keep up the 'storytelling'. But you said you "sent scouts". Thats you commanding and directing people and getting information in return. Aka spying. If thats not the case, why say it?

I have no issue with spying, I simply took issue with you claiming they were hostile (while presenting yourselves as innocent victims), when your post implies you were equally as hostile (spying).

Either way, good luck.

DeletedUser

how long is this war going to last?
is it going be a lengthy war..
or a short fast war with a merge at the end?

DeletedUser

Good luck everyone this will be fun stuff can't wait to see what happens over the next couple days :D