Free Writing Thread

DeletedUser

Everyone is my alias. Except for you. I have yet to make you my alias.

DeletedUser

Because it's not modded that closely and thus utter spam is what goes on there. Just speculation though. Not sure for certain.

Timo is our mod. Try coming to OT and posting pr0n or swearing and find out whether or not we're 'closely modded'.

Pretty much that: if the posts were counted then the OTers would get several hundred posts a day, getting posts as fast as I did when I could be bothered :icon_razz:

Not nowadays we wouldn't.

DeletedUser

You would. You'd just have to know it was gonna count. Trust me, it wouldn't take long before "enhance your post count" threads came up.

DeletedUser

Because Last User To Post Here Wins isn't that kind of thread anyway. GD is basically an 'enhance your post count' forum.

Anyway, saying we would is just speculation; whereas my point was based upon the fact that there were no posts on OT between 09:00 and 16:00 today.

DeletedUser

A lack of posts now does not mean a lack of posts in OT will be prevalent when things change. Change invalidates any stint of no posts that occurred today (ie. no one eats a cold pizza, but when heated more people are likely to eat it).

The threads like "Last User to Post Here Wins" would become far more active, provided people like Trol could go there to enhance their post count as well. It would just be another GD for another world, except more people would go there as it's higher up the page anyways and would be the first on the path of post-enhancing down the main page of the forum, so why not?

OT would be a lot higher on the spamdar if there was a post count applicable to it.

DeletedUser

I disagree with the 'more people would go there because it's higher on the page'. Man, the new guys joining the forums don't know shit about OT post counts and we get barely any new guys coming through, either lurking or posting, whether we're quiet or we're busy. So if the post count was active, new guys still wouldn't post there.

DeletedUser

I didn't say new guys are the ones who would go there because it's higher on the page. I'm saying people like Trol, and maybe even myself, who either go to GD for post counts or just because they're bored and want to see the "good" side win (or to reach 1000 in counting threads), would go to OT first because it's higher on the page. Then they'd go through the rest that they want. I don't, for example, post in GD on worlds I don't play/haven't played/modded, with the exception of W50. OT would be easier to post in though than places like W50 because I don't have to scroll down the page as far (call me lazy, but that's how it is), and I'd go there. I'm sure most people would as it is. The old guys, not the new.

Repinski

OT would be easier to post in though than places like W50 because I don't have to scroll down the page as far (call me lazy, but that's how it is), and I'd go there.

Subscribing to forums and threads OP. I navigate to everything through my user control panel. I rarely visit the home page of the forums.

DeletedUser

Cool, then people looking to up their post counts would subscribe to OT threads too and be just as active there anyways.

Repinski

Yeah subscribing allows for much faster navigation. Subscribing to sections of the forum has them always listed, subscribing to individual threads only makes them pop up when new posts are made. Very easy to read everything that interests you that way.

DeletedUser

I didn't say new guys are the ones who would go there because it's higher on the page. I'm saying people like Trol, and maybe even myself, who either go to GD for post counts or just because they're bored and want to see the "good" side win (or to reach 1000 in counting threads), would go to OT first because it's higher on the page. Then they'd go through the rest that they want. I don't, for example, post in GD on worlds I don't play/haven't played/modded, with the exception of W50. OT would be easier to post in though than places like W50 because I don't have to scroll down the page as far (call me lazy, but that's how it is), and I'd go there. I'm sure most people would as it is. The old guys, not the new.

Very true.

DeletedUser

You're also assuming the natives of OT would put up with such an influx of spammers. Trol and one other are the newest people we've had (that we haven't bullied out) in about 6 months, and they snuck in whilst it was quiet.

DeletedUser

So your assumption is that the inactive people of OT now (as you describe them) will become active to bully out newcomers?

Where am I wrong about activity increasing, again?

DeletedUser

We're active enough to bully out the spammers that come to our shores. The dawildj0kas and his ilk. I think silver and I trolled him so hard he quit TW.

DeletedUser

Not active enough to bully them all. And some wouldn't mind.

DeletedUser

Speculation. I'm active enough to troll, and Silver is when he gets unbanned. And clamju, when she gets unbanned. And Sathom.

And Trol I should hope, since he's a part of the community now.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
So you have an entire OT thread dedicated to highlighting that the OT forum is inactive. And yet you think it's a good idea to bully people in to not posting there?

Logic much :icon_rolleyes:

Bullies tend to look bad. No, wait. Bullies always look bad. And people tend to want to avoid places where they see bullies present as people tend to not want to be bullied. Maybe learn to treat people decently and not be a bully if you actually want your community to grow...

DeletedUser

We have an entire thread on OT dedicated to hot redheads, and another entire thread dedicated to OT's Space Program, so I wouldn't take anything posted there too seriously.

Asylum Escapee

face it, GD's are mostly just the same 5 threads replicated over and over in each world.

also, what you call bullying is in fact self moderation of the community. No posts are better that garbage posts. (like that werberwatever guy)

Last edited: