FRM Disbanded by SHEEPS

DeletedUser

Unknown never wanted to be a leader of a tribe, THAT is why internal issues continued. The other duke was BARELY active, so no help from him either.
With players leaving FRM for K-T and other tribes, they were doomed anyway. They didn't successfuly hol

He is a good friend of mine, one of my best mates, and he has said multiple times to me that he did not want to lead.

And it had been discussed with Charles the Bald previously and that was what was going to happen.

Not saying it was a good thing to do, it's just how I see it, seeing as I know Unknown.

You're wrong.

Unknown has been asking to be co duke for a while. He asked me to set him as co duke and was quite optimistic. He felt totally betrayed by all of the HERO guys - his friends - for leaving FRM - his tribe. But even after that was still quite optimistic.

I won't start posting Unknowns mails to me on this thread but these are facts.

And as for me the other duke being barely active? One player thought I was unemployed as I was so active as a leader and a duke.

And internal issues were on the main revolving around one greedy player. Nothing deserving of what has been done.

Don't try and justify this as it isn't something that can be justified. It's nice of you to stick up for you mate. And other than this mistake on his part has been great to be in a tribe with and I still consider him a friend.

DeletedUser

There are more ways to win wars in TW than on the battlefield, and any Duke that doesn't make use of all the tools at their disposal is a fool :)

For the most part SHEEPS has dealt with its business on the battlefield. FRM are the 8th Top 10 tribe that we have destroyed, or had a hand in destroying, starting with Evan. when w51 was 2 weeks old. Nor are FRM the only Top 10 tribe that we're currently fighting. We just don't come running to the forums every time we set a tribe as enemies.

When the former members of HERO joined K-T, SHEEPS and PL@GUE, FRM were doomed. Maybe, not yesterday, or next week, but they had gone from a frontline with SHEEPS contained mainly within K63, to having new fronts open in K's 73 and 74.

FRM, like a lot of the Top 20 tribes, didn't dominate a K. Folks maybe Rank 1 in their K, like say OWL in K44, but they don't dominate.

1 OWL 2,79 Mio. 417
2 Wolves 2,16 Mio. 291
3 SHEEPS 1,30 Mio. 160

On the other hand SHEEPS dominate in K53

1 SHEEPS 2,03 Mio. 256
2 PL@GUE 718.054 86
3 K-T 133.272 20
4 ]XXXX 18.892 10

I think that most of us would agree that a core tribe that doesn't dominate at least 1 K by this stage of the game isn't going to survive into the late game.

Add to that inactivity issues, and that FRM were now surrounded by enemies, that they recruited a bunch of MML folks to make up their losses, but, unfortunately for them, PL@GUE had started warring MML several days ago....well, doomed, just doomed.

Several of the more experienced players in FRM recognised this, and started looking for new homes :icon_biggrin:

IGM with a FRMer said:
A FRMer on 08.11. at 13:11
FRM DONE FOR RIGHT :(

Charles the Bald Sheep on 08.11. at 15:15
Yes :)

A FRMer on 08.11. at 23:30
what should i do to live?

So, I wrote to one of the co-Dukes, Unknown-Soldier, to discuss the terms of FRM's surrender (because I'd heard that the other co-Duke, jimi9mm was planning to leave and mostly inactive).

My opening offer was FRM disbands and we wouldn't pursue them as refugees. However, because he had only recently been made co-Duke, Unknown didn't want to do that, so I wrote to jimi.
Messaging jimi took forever, as advertised he is mostly inactive, so I'd get a reply once a day or so.

Over the last few days I watched FRM, and others left. Some FRMers even thought they'd have a brighter future in Jester :icon_eek:

:lol:

Yesterday morning I found that FRM's biggest player, Klapi00, had left the tribe, and jimcoooo and skuly40 had joined K-T. Plus I'd received a mail from jimi claiming that all was good in FRMland (despite all the evidence to the contrary).

Obviously, jimi was not going to negotiate a surrender, and also obviously FRM was about to fall. So, I thought that they could do with a little push in the right direction :icon_wink:

When I'd talked with Unknown, he'd expressed an interest in joining SHEEPS, but I'd left him there because I figured having a friendly Duke in FRM couldn't be a bad thing. However, with the negotiations going nowhere I thought that if their active Duke joined us it's be demoralising for the tribe as a whole and help to hasten their defeat.

Unknown was keen to join, but before he did he passed me 2 Sits of Accounts he was Gifting. One of them had Duke privs. I passed that Sit to fsunole93, as I thought that, after being the main focus of FRM's attacks, he'd like the opportunity to disband FRM :icon_twisted:

An opportunity presented itself, so I took it. Who amongst you can say that you wouldn't have done the same thing in my place (be honest now)? :icon_razz:

If you still want to hate - Clicky

DeletedUser

You're wrong.

Unknown has been asking to be co duke for a while. He asked me to set him as co duke and was quite optimistic. He felt totally betrayed by all of the HERO guys - his friends - for leaving FRM - his tribe. But even after that was still quite optimistic.

I won't start posting Unknowns mails to me on this thread but these are facts.

And as for me the other duke being barely active? One player thought I was unemployed as I was so active as a leader and a duke.

And internal issues were on the main revolving around one greedy player. Nothing deserving of what has been done.

Don't try and justify this as it isn't something that can be justified. It's nice of you to stick up for you mate. And other than this mistake on his part has been great to be in a tribe with and I still consider him a friend.

Yeah that is true, all of that.

DeletedUser

Unknown-Soldier on 13.11. at 02:57
I know a lot of you are worried, because of all the people leaving. Do

not be afraid, did you know sheep contacted me and asked me to disband

the tribe. They know we will be no easy task. Just because some of our

less brave mates want to run from a fight.. Is that not the point of

this game?? Just stay active and if you do not know how to determine

what incomings you have ask for help. And stay active if you have to

leave set me as a sitter or post for one. If they want our villages

lets make them work for them!!!

LoL and of course he did what sheeps told him to do, like a good little puppet.

DeletedUser

Unknown a puppet?
Don't make me laugh :L

@jimi, whenever he has played with me, he has always requested not to lead, as was his status when he joined us on W51.
Seeing as I was not with him for his majority in FRM, I can not speak for his future.

Surely he must have known Anthills would have pulled people back together sooner or later, though? He had even spoken with him on Skype.

But, I do have others opinions on the tribe...

btw, where did I say I was justifying it? If I remember correctly I said
Not saying it was a good thing to do

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser93765

This is just my two cents, but....

why is there so much arguing over who did and said and covering of butts going on. My two cents is if your going to disband a tribe then just say hey it's me and I'm doing this and you can all sit on it cause I don't care. Come at me with your nobles if you dare.

And I mean seriously if the disbanding was the only problem with frm then there should be no problem getting the players back together. If unknown did was enable someone to hit the disband button and if that's all that's wrong with frm it's entirely fixable, so go and fix it if that's your only issue. But if frm was already on the ropes and dying then don't try to blame it all on the injustices of one player that hit disband. And if your going to be that one player then just take credit for it and move on and let the ppl you stabbed be angry and stop making excuses.

DeletedUser

And I mean seriously if the disbanding was the only problem with frm then there should be no problem getting the players back together.

If I went to the effort or restarting the tribe you're right. I don't think anyone would not return. But this thread isn't called "Should FRM Reform?" - it is explaining the background and circumstances of the tribe being disbanded by an enemy tribe.

Thanks for your 2 cents.

DeletedUser

There are more ways to win wars in TW than on the battlefield, and any Duke that doesn't make use of all the tools at their disposal is a fool :)

Would have to disagree. Theoretically, I could just hack into your account and disband sheeps.

Do I make use this method?

No.

Am I a fool?

No

DeletedUser

Read the first post. Can't be bothered to read the rest of this lark.

This is a day where SHEEPS lose a lot of credibility. Funny how this forum works, HATE get hated on, Axte get axed, now SHEEPS being sheered. Are Pimps gonna get shot next?

DeletedUser

Conclusions:

FRM: Mass recruiters. This was obvious since the day they took in HEAD members.
SHEEPS: Lowlife backstabbers. Try to hug everyone untill they are in a good position to backstab.
World 51: Worst world ever with too much shady backstab tactics and not enough tribalwars as it is meant to be.

You're still here ? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Would have to disagree. Theoretically, I could just hack into your account and disband sheeps.

Do I make use this method?

No.

Am I a fool?

No

For those who wish to be deliberately obtuse I'll qualify my statement.

There are more ways to win wars in TW than on the battlefield without breaking the Rules, and any Duke that doesn't make use of all the tools at their disposal is a fool.

@The Economist; if credibility is not being talked about then there are a lot of tribes with credibility. The last time SHEEPS were a subject of discussion on these forums we were mass-recruiting point whores, now we're back-stabbing huggers. Which has more credibility? Maybe it's these forums that lack credibility?

DeletedUser

Unknown was keen to join, but before he did he passed me 2 Sits of Accounts he was Gifting. One of them had Duke privs. I passed that Sit to fsunole93, as I thought that, after being the main focus of FRM's attacks, he'd like the opportunity to disband FRM :icon_twisted:

I never said i was gifting the accounts. All i did was transfer two accounts i was sick of sitting while i was in the tribe defending them asking for help and not getting it. I did not want to sit the accounts while i moved to another tribe. Charles was more willing to do so, so i passed to them. I did tell him one was active but the other had passed me the sit and had not returned when he had said he would. Regardless what anyone says, Jimi was a great leader when he was able to play. I have great respect for him, and let him down.

This is just my two cents, but....

why is there so much arguing over who did and said and covering of butts going on. My two cents is if your going to disband a tribe then just say hey it's me and I'm doing this and you can all sit on it cause I don't care. Come at me with your nobles if you dare.

And I mean seriously if the disbanding was the only problem with frm then there should be no problem getting the players back together. If unknown did was enable someone to hit the disband button and if that's all that's wrong with frm it's entirely fixable, so go and fix it if that's your only issue. But if frm was already on the ropes and dying then don't try to blame it all on the injustices of one player that hit disband. And if your going to be that one player then just take credit for it and move on and let the ppl you stabbed be angry and stop making excuses.

No they would rather do what they did best and flame me and their other mates. Not once did they offer any help!

DeletedUser

Like you said... you were never out to win the war, only to make it last longer.

Sheep were out to win the war. Perhaps you should have rallied your tribe to fight back? Maybe next time you are in a war, you will try to win. :)

DeletedUser

Too much like hard work mate. Also a lot of players now have new tribes - it wouldn't be the same and may not be able to get all those players to return. Also the loss of all the tribal OD stats is a shame - I was proud of our position there for the size of tribe we had. Lost history. I've done my bit for W51 in running a tribe. My tribe has been disbanded so I move on now.

Subject R3pl@y7 disbands your tribe
Sent Nov 13, 2010 05:35:57
R3pl@y7 has disbanded your tribe.

Too much hard work mate - morale would have been hit - we certainly wouldn't get everyone back i.e the guy who disbanded the tribe. Too much hostile feelings running through the tribe now.

If I went to the effort or restarting the tribe you're right. I don't think anyone would not return. But this thread isn't called "Should FRM Reform?" - it is explaining the background and circumstances of the tribe being disbanded by an enemy tribe.

Thanks for your 2 cents.

I'm getting mixed messages here...

DeletedUser

There are more ways to win wars in TW than on the battlefield without breaking the Rules, and any Duke that doesn't make use of all the tools at their disposal is a fool.

A duke who picks fights he cannot win on the battlefield and such is reduced to low tactics is a fool. You say you picked a fight. You say you won that fight. So why did you not just take the spoils after the tribe had collapsed as it was doing? Why did you instead disband the tribe?
Ballistick

DeletedUser

It's speculation - so there are many answers Noffish but the last one you quoted I was thinking of the players that I would have asked if this is what I had done.

Regards inactivity Charles - I wasn't around for a few days to answer your questions or run the tribe - we are not talking weeks. This is not something exceptional for a player or duke in this game - I've waited many days for dukes to even open the mails.

And even on the days I wasn't able to be fully active I still notified my tribe of the situation.

For you to admit that you directly had a hand in disbanding the tribe and claim it as a victory beggars belief.

The game is called tribal wars not tribal recruitment or tribal disbandment.

You and your tribe have won nothing.

And what you have lost is the opportunity to have an opponent that would not have joined you and would have continued to fight.

You spoil the game for your own members charles and yourself.

And what is even more incredible is that you were in a position of advantage. You had Plague who we were now in competion for a K with. You had many more points. KT your NAP/ALLY had just recruited most of HERO.

So we could have had a big gang banging war on our hands. But you are not aware of everything Charles. The HERO members had mixed loyalties to members in FRM. Also Plague members similar. Things may not have gone down as you expected. And the new members we took on contained some decent players and leaders who wanted to be with us. We would have been better now that we had them. The hero recruitment and loss of those members was better for FRM not worse as you seem to think.

My recruitment of MML players was to stop Plague gaining easy ground. A war with them would have come in the future since they were your ally. They were nobling south into a K on our left flank and currently we were in a position to stop that. So I recruited MML players as we have members that can support them and can snipe noble trains. I stopped Plague rimming two accounts in a night. These players didn't even know how to identify a fake attack from a noble train even though they had premium. But they did after I had explained it and showed them how.

You might have won the war in the long run as you certainly had advantages despite everything I have said.

But you'll never know as you destroyed any chance of ever having that war.

Which is your loss.

DeletedUser

the new members we took on contained some decent players and leaders who wanted to be with us. We would have been better now that we had them. The hero recruitment and loss of those members was better for FRM not worse as you seem to think.

The HERO guys would have pulled out as soon as we told them to.

DeletedUser

A duke who picks fights he cannot win on the battlefield and such is reduced to low tactics is a fool. You say you picked a fight. You say you won that fight. So why did you not just take the spoils after the tribe had collapsed as it was doing? Why did you instead disband the tribe?
Ballistick

I want to add onto this post, as I have had something that I have wanted to say in general about these tactics as a fellow leader of a tribe for a long time.

I consider myself an oldschool leader. I havent led since world 1 and maybe this is the reason for my view point. Chastise me or make a mockery out of me for saying this, but I believe in chivalry in tribal wars. Yes, that means that a tribe knows when they are being declared on and has a coherent explanation to why they have been declared on. My ideals mean that I am not going to recruit at the start or middle of a war or disband an enemy tribe.

Does this advantage me or METAL ingame and help us win the world?

No

But does it allow both the winner and the loser to have fun and does it allow METAL, when we finally get to our zenith to say: "We accomplished all of that"?

Yes, and I think somewhere in the 50 worlds it took to get here, people have forgotten the reason this game exists. No, its not to win, its for entertainment.

Does this make me a fool?

Yes

Does this make me a happy and contented fool?

Yes

grutflut

@ the nemesis123
I completely share your point of view concerning this game
All along in this world i think players took me for a fool or a dreamer
But you are so right, the game is ruined by those attitudes
This is about war and conquest with troops, this game is losing its interest the way is played
I have strong belief in some principles, like respect and loyalty to the ones you are playing with
even with your enemies
we all know about the time we need to spend to achieve something here,
and dukes have the responsibilities of the game of his members,
he must think about that, think about the effort and time spent in the game
he must think that he's here to protect their game and their fun despite his own feelings and his personnal goal
I used to say I'm old fashion style, it's true
it became some kind of work no more an entertainement, people are playing like professional losing their fun
racing for having points and being the best in the rank, when the beauty of the game is the team work
fo solo actions and individuality, you have real life, rough enough to do it