God Vs Darwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser84497

/agree

TeBirkis I agree with you completely, I was attempting to look at the original post and comment without venom and with a /clearing throat, logical view point. To many responses here are either childish or full of venom, mostly the same posts. I believe completely about evolution and the backing science. We still have much to learn, but we know enough that it is not only real, but works much faster than originally thought. As, for the stuff about one of us already evolutionized...It didn't have to be life from our world to have reached that point yet. Not saying it's so, just that it's possible.

By the way, nice of you to post an intelligent reply. Rather refreshing.

DeletedUser

TeBirkis I agree with you completely, I was attempting to look at the original post and comment without venom and with a /clearing throat, logical view point. To many responses here are either childish or full of venom, mostly the same posts. I believe completely about evolution and the backing science. We still have much to learn, but we know enough that it is not only real, but works much faster than originally thought. As, for the stuff about one of us already evolutionized...It didn't have to be life from our world to have reached that point yet. Not saying it's so, just that it's possible.

By the way, nice of you to post an intelligent reply. Rather refreshing.

I can only return the compliment :)

For 'one of us already evolutionized', I thought you ment one individual from a species, evolving into a God/Omnipotent/Mighty powerful being, I might have misread or misinterpreted though.

My critic would still be that the being that is evolved (the Godlike one)'s, would still have to posses physically explainable attributes, meaning, no abra kadabra in order to explain what he can do.

DeletedUser

stupid busy schedual...would love to stay and chat, but I can't :icon_cry:

so have fun with the debate :icon_cool: wish I could take part :icon_razz: but I can't :icon_sad:

...seems like whenever I talk I always end up having an assignment for school anyways so maybe this will give me less school work :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

stupid busy schedual...would love to stay and chat, but I can't :icon_cry:

so have fun with the debate :icon_cool: wish I could take part :icon_razz: but I can't :icon_sad:

...seems like whenever I talk I always end up having an assignment for school anyways so maybe this will give me less school work :icon_razz:

Yeah, I feel the same as you :/!
I'll have an islamic exam soon, mean I should be able to read the koran well, translate the koran well, and know some intermediate stuff about being a moslem.
Although I personally don't like it, but everyone must atleast chose one holy book and take the according exam. :icon_razz:!

DeletedUser

Tomorrow is the exam, omg.
Btw. Dead thread here
em18.gif
!

DeletedUser79992

In an attempt to liven this up again. I will state my opinion, although it may have already been stated. If it has, then I appologize, I will also try to keep this brief.

To start off, I will state, that I do infact believe in god. I also beleive in "darwins" theory of evolution. However, if you go back through history, you will find, it was not really his theory. Rather he was just the first to effectively present this idea along side physical evidence. I will not go any deeper then this as I have study both religion and sience and can say that they do infact compliment eachother. My theory here is simple, creationism can not work without evolution and evolution can not work without creation here is why:

Evolution - Evolution can only go back so far. Lets go back, all the way back to the very beggining (whether you use string theory or the big bang theory it doesn't matter). Something had to happen to set the creation of the universe into action, yet I have found no scientific explination that would explain how something came from nothing. On this theory, there must be an all powerfull being (IE god) that set this into motion.

Religion - Religion does a good job of explaining what "god" wants. It does however leave a lot of things out.

Now here are some questions you might all want to answer. I will give the answer I came up with after each question.

Q. The bible states that god is a fair and just god. How is this possible?

A. He set out rules from the beginning of time that would govern the universe and all those in it. We have come to know these rules as theorys and facts in science.

Q. Doesn't the bible disprove evolution?

A. No in fact it actually PROVES (yes you hear right proves) the theory of evolution. Although I do not have time to sit here and address every spot were this occures I will address the most obvious. This obvious support in the bible for evolution is the story of moses. He took 2 of every animal on the arc, now after studying it, it becomes quite clear that he only took 2 snakes that where a generic form of snake, 2 elephants, and 2 spiders. After he left the arc, these creature had to multiply and replinish the earth and we would not have the variaty of animals we have today if not for evolution. (Could it be, the bible support evolution!!!!)

Q. With the theory of evolution, isn't religion not needed?

A. No, the theory of evolution only explains how and why the world around us is constantly changing, it does not infact provide for how things came to be to the present day. (yes you can argue it back as far as you want, but eventually YOU WILL RUN OUT of what happened before [usually around the time of the big bang if you even make it that far]).

And as for all you people who just want to act like a 5 year old by saying things like "don't pray in my school and I won't think in your chruch". Regardless of what you say, in the end you look bad, not the people you are trying to bash. All you are doing is pointing finger with no evidence, ryhm, or reason and people will pick up on that. Oh yeah and your precious Darwin... Well guess what, he believed in god, even if you don't. So the fact you are claiming to believe something he "came up" with, without sharing all his beleifs on the matter, shows you don't understand his work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't post a decent reply for a couple reasons.

1. I've read too much stuff within the first four pages that made me lol so much my head hurts.

and

2. It's rather early for me.

But I will say this. Evolution is still a theory. For Christians or any religious group to try and use that to prove their gods existence, is so silly it isn't even funny. It shows their own incompetence and ignorance of science, laws, facts, hypothesis, and theories.

They use the excuse that, "they can't conceive how something changed into this "complex" system. So therefore god must exist!" Yes, for god to exist you must be ignorant and unable to conceive something so easily conceived. You're using your own lack of understanding to try, and I do mean try, to prove that some big sky daddy exists.

Religion, c'mere for a second. We both know why you exist.

You are here to:

a. Give hope to those who don't have it. (ignorance is bliss)
b. Enslave people.
c. Explain what your mind can not conceive.
d. Spread global ignorance to make people easier to enslave and control.

Archaic, dogmatic, bigoted law is something we need to get past now a days.

DeletedUser79992

I can't post a decent reply for a couple reasons.

1. I've read too much stuff within the first four pages that made me lol so much my head hurts.

So, this means you can't makes a decent post? :icon_eek:

2. It's rather early for me.

Once again, how does this stop you? :icon_rolleyes:

But I will say this. Evolution is still a theory. For Christians or any religious group to try and use that to prove their gods existence, is so silly it isn't even funny. It shows their own incompetence and ignorance of science, laws, facts, hypothesis, and theories.

Theory means it has not been proven, not that it is not complete.

This part of your post just shows your own ignorance of these things. Nothing in sience, in any way counters the existance of a god. Before you try to challenge me, consider the fact that I am going to college studing physics and quantum physics.

So, if you wish to call me incompotent and ignorant, you damn well best have some proof.

They use the excuse that, "they can't conceive how something changed into this "complex" system. So therefore god must exist!" Yes, for god to exist you must be ignorant and unable to conceive something so easily conceived. You're using your own lack of understanding to try, and I do mean try, to prove that some big sky daddy exists.

Now you show your own ignorance on religion. Although you may be incapable of seeing how religion and science can co-exist, does not mean it can not be done, it just means your obviously ignorant yourself... Yet you try to speak as an authority on the topic.

Now that is laughable.

a. Give hope to those who don't have it. (ignorance is bliss)

This must be the motto you live your life with. Your post is full of ignorance and your life seems to be filled with bliss because of it.

b. Enslave people.

So, The Bible, which preachs ones right to choose for themselves and that slavery is wrong, only exist to promote slavery? I would like to see you justify this claim.

c. Explain what your mind can not conceive.

What is it I can not concieve?

Obviously you can not conceive the idea of a god, or even the idea that god and science can co-exist.

d. Spread global ignorance to make people easier to enslave and control.

Archaic, dogmatic, bigoted law is something we need to get past now a days.

Your trying to instill fear in people to control and enslave them to your beliefs. Who was that who said "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"?

DeletedUser

So, this means you can't makes a decent post? :icon_eek:

Once again, how does this stop you? :icon_rolleyes:
Obviously you can't see how head pain and being sleepy stops people? :lol:

Theory means it has not been proven, not that it is not complete.
I never used the word complete. Where the hell did you get that? :icon_confused:

This part of your post just shows your own ignorance of these things. Nothing in sience, in any way counters the existance of a god. Before you try to challenge me, consider the fact that I am going to college studing physics and quantum physics.

So, if you wish to call me incompotent and ignorant, you damn well best have some proof.
Actually a lot of science counters your so-called existence of the FSM. Not just the FSM, but his teachings to be more precise.

You can know some things and be completely ignorant in others, you being in college means nothing. I'm in college too, whoopdydoo.

Now you show your own ignorance on religion. Although you may be incapable of seeing how religion and science can co-exist, does not mean it can not be done, it just means your obviously ignorant yourself... Yet you try to speak as an authority on the topic.

Now that is laughable.
Spreading ignorance, which religion does. (IE the world is flat. :lol:) goes against science. They can't co-exist. Since one is the opposite of the other. Religion is based on faith, science is based on facts.

Sorry, I didn't make the rules, but I play by them. And through what you've shown (IE nothing so far but being able to helplessly flame.) I'm more of an authority than you'll ever be.
This must be the motto you live your life with. Your post is full of ignorance and your life seems to be filled with bliss because of it.
Flame flame flame.

I can do it too :D

So, The Bible, which preachs ones right to choose for themselves and that slavery is wrong, only exist to promote slavery? I would like to see you justify this claim.
First off, I'm speaking about religion as a whole. And actually Christianity saw Women as property, that was slavery.
What is it I can not concieve?

Obviously you can not conceive the idea of a god, or even the idea that god and science can co-exist.
Well firstly you can not conceive the world around you. The "idea" of "god" is based on faith. I believe in facts, since they can be tested and proven. You can not on the other hand prove, or test the existence of god.

And I already proved why Religion and Science can not, will not, and does not co-exist like your small mind thinks it does.

You my friend are and ignorant terrorist.

Your trying to instill fear in people to control and enslave them to your beliefs. Who was that who said "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"?
You don't even know what "terrorist" means, and I'm ignorant? Yeah, okay. :icon_rolleyes:

I'm not the one who preaches, "except jawzues as your lawd and savor or yous be burnin' in heayllah!!" Who controls by fear now?

And Science enslaves no one, you yourself said you were a man of science. (which I can already tell is bull, but I'm obligated to humor you until I crush you.)

Who said it? A moron. There are plenty of things to fear. Like hate mongering, bigoted, religion enthusiasts. It's not the religion its self, it's the morons who follow it.

Christianity alone in its hate crimes and wars has killed more people than all of the natural wars we've had. Not to mention back in the crusades it was deemed "good" to RAPE and MURDER any nonbelievers.

Please respond with something other than flames. Your post had NO logic, NO arguments, and NO truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.