God Vs Darwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It was my understanding that the Catholic Church support the idea of Evolution and it is only extremists that take everything in the bible literally that refute the evidence given time and again.

DeletedUser

I am a believer in God the bible is not soemthing i fully believe in its been changed too many times to be compltly accurate and trust worthy i think something out us here

i do also believe somewhat in evolution but not nearly to the extent of Darwin just some of the changes but adaptation but not straight on evolution

DeletedUser

It was my understanding that the Catholic Church support the idea of Evolution and it is only extremists that take everything in the bible literally that refute the evidence given time and again.

Yes the Catholic church has acknowledged the theory of evolution and gone the route of, well someone had to put the first cell/molecule/atom/proton here.

DeletedUser

Creationism and Intelligent Design (ID) does still defy Evolution though.

DeletedUser

when you get right down to it, it is ALL just speculation...remember that evolution is just darwins "theory" none of it can truly be proven, just like religion.... all we can rely on is scientific fact...which usually contradicts religion

and may i mention another thing, people need to remember that the apes are almost exactley like us in most ways, there are chimps that know sign language for example, and NASA has used chimps in flight research, their intelligence cant be denied

DeletedUser

when you get right down to it, it is ALL just speculation...remember that evolution is just darwins "theory" none of it can truly be proven, just like religion.... all we can rely on is scientific fact...which usually contradicts religion

and may i mention another thing, people need to remember that the apes are almost exactley like us in most ways, there are chimps that know sign language for example, and NASA has used chimps in flight research, their intelligence cant be denied

Scientific "theory" is a completely different term to Laymans "theory" :icon_wink: But you are right. We do have to look at the wealth of evidence and the fact of micro evolution happening before our eyes before you can believe macro evolution.

DeletedUser

One can also subscribe to both Darwins theory and religion. A number of religious people I know believe the story of Adam and Eve is a parable. We all know that evolution is a reality to this day, more so known as mutation in common day language. You can say that a God did create the simplest of creatures and the mutation evolved thereafter. It is an ongoing cycle of life in any living species. Did we evolve from apes? I would tend to think so and the subsequent years of those apes learning how to stay warm resulted in less and less body hair, for instance, in future generations. It is an adaptation to both the planet physically changing and the growing intelligence level of the species based upon their experience of the previous generation. Ever wonder why a mixed bred dog typically outlives a pure bred?

nindel

One can also subscribe to both Darwins theory and religion. A number of religious people I know believe the story of Adam and Eve is a parable. We all know that evolution is a reality to this day, more so known as mutation in common day language. You can say that a God did create the simplest of creatures and the mutation evolved thereafter. It is an ongoing cycle of life in any living species. Did we evolve from apes? I would tend to think so and the subsequent years of those apes learning how to stay warm resulted in less and less body hair, for instance, in future generations. It is an adaptation to both the planet physically changing and the growing intelligence level of the species based upon their experience of the previous generation. Ever wonder why a mixed bred dog typically outlives a pure bred?

Religion really ticked me off when they forgot to mention the Dinosaurs and Space.

What a downer :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

I had 16 years of attending Catholic schools which included grade school, high school and even college. I have had my share of both religious and Darwin theories so I draw my own conclusions and beliefs.

DeletedUser

Religion really ticked me off when they forgot to mention the Dinosaurs and Space.

What a downer :icon_cry:

What do you expect from the people who wrote the Old and New Testaments? To them there was not possible idea that creatures existed long before man.

It is interesting to note that the creatures of Greek Mythology might possible have some basis in reality. Ancient peoples saw the fossils of long dead animals, and not knowing what they were, imagined them to be creatures like the cyclops. (From a mammoth skull. The large nasal cavity in the front looked to them like it had been an eyehole.)

Intelligent Design does not directly contradict Evolution. It applies a creationist slant to evolution in an effort to modernize Creationist beliefs and bring it more closely in line with current scientific findings.

DeletedUser

Interesting topic. I would have 2 people discussing their opinions, one vouching for one idea while the other for the other one. Its simply hard to attack what you think is right... It like me writing this, id go against Darwin with everything I can think of while I write, and not one thing against God.

Status
Not open for further replies.