Graphics Blog

DeletedUser93879

sorry to ask a question here - but can i ask if we think people visit the blog that do not already visit the GFX forums to look around?

just because - although all the ideas so far put forward are great - if people can already see some of the stuff here (e.g. SOTW winners, best tags of the last week, zenron appreciation society :icon_wink: etc etc) then the blog doesnt have a 'hook' to make people want to read it.

of course if everyone tells me that the blog caters to a wider audience than TW players (who visit here anyway) then the above is irrelevant..........but if its not then different stuff will be needed....

(just an opinion)

Repinski

Because people flipping through the blog site out of boredom might come across a GFX forum blog, get intrigued, and show up here for a look around and possibly start frequenting here.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
how many of you have a blog? I do, and i know how hard/easy actually it to get people to read your blog.
basic thing that blog need to be alive is posts every few days and smart title which will get more visitors over search engines. after that it have to be informative, so people come back. it have to be interesting so people will share it with friends, etc...
it is not a point to put too much on it at first day but to have idea how to make your blog a place where people will come to find solution/information they need.
blog is like a building, you have to make good foundations.

samulis

As a member of the blog administration, I'd just like to throw in my two cents.

Quite honestly, the idea of a graphics blog is the best idea I've heard in the past eight months. Thanks to Repinski and Genetic Engineer for contacting the blog administration on it and being proactive in getting it going. Outside of TW, I do freelance digital art and 3D modeling, yet I rarely have time to come in and browse through the graphics forum, where people of even greater skill are busy making a different kind of art- the refined beauty of signatures and other digital creations. Honestly, being able to pause before logging in to the blog and read about the recent happenings in this forum is of equal if not more interest to me than the events of any world I have played or am currently playing on. So, once again, thanks; it's a honor to see the entire community out and about regarding the blog, even if their words are not entirely positive.

Regarding the denouncement of blogger's creditability by Oscar, I'd like to say first-hand that we don't 'just hire anybody'. We have strict criteria and readily turn down anyone not completely qualified to perform the duty of blogging due to anything from poor English to excessive arrogance (that's right, we reject people who are so arrogant and out of control that they might be biased). Bloggers who cannot perform well get removed. However, a lot of bloggers make great blogs, but simply have a prejudice against them by their community, and are often called 'biased'- either because the community fears them or the community despises them. At the end of the day, the bottom line is drawn at the quality and content of the blog, not the popularity.

Oscar, if you have any further questions regarding the blog as a whole, I'd like you to direct them to me in private or in a different thread. This thread is intended to be used strictly regarding the GRAPHICS section of the blog. Thank you. :)

DeletedUser95815

I think it would be good to have people contributing to it.
I am very glad that this is going ahead. Credit to GE for making this happen and likewise to Repinski. :) It would be a good project to do as a community rather than just load it onto one person.

DeletedUser

I think it would be good to have people contributing to it.
I am very glad that this is going ahead. Credit to GE for making this happen and likewise to Repinski. :) It would be a good project to do as a community rather than just load it onto one person.

+1

I think that if people get their own section, it will be a much better blog than those out there currently