GTG - Got To Go

DeletedUser

How many of you still playing this world would like to be able to leave it and get their lives back?

Yes. thought so, about 90% of you!

Well, enough active players in GTG agree with you and have decided to remove themselves from the stranglehold that this game inevitably has over us all and get our lives back. Which means that in a few hours from now, GTG will cease to exist (in any meaningful form)

GTG leaves world 10 with it's collective head held high, proud of what it has achieved in this world.

I have always tried to conduct myself on this forum and in game with dignity, honour and respect for enemies and allies alike. I am proud to say that the rest of my tribe have adopted the same principles.

If anyone from BORG wants to claim some sort of warped and twisted victory over us.. then so be it. I am happy let our war stats speak for us. We have been well ahead since day one of this war and even though we have had increasing inactivity, we have in recent weeks and days been pulling even further ahead. We have done far better than anyone thought we would do and have nothing left to prove. All the leaders of BORG have quit since we declared 7 months ago and well over half the accounts now have new owners.

This world has no natural end, it is up to each and every one of you to decide when you want to end it. If I had been one of the many leaders to have left the ranks of our enemies I would have done the decent thing and put my tribe members out of their collective misery of being on the end of a daily beating from CTRL and GTG and disbanded my tribe.

Some of our active members intend to stay on and see the offIcial end of this world. They will be joining our allies and I wish them the success, which is surely inevitable... but might take a while longer.

I would like to thank BORG players for the excellent fight some of them have put up. I also congratulate BORG on the creative way in which their accounts have been re-circulated in order to keep them usable. Also, they are to be congratulated on their resourcefulness in finding new account holders for all the original players that have quit over the past few months.

However, I say to the DDB and BORG leadership and players..CTRL have deservedly won this world.. now is the time for you to lay down your weapons, congratulate them on their victory and leave this world with some dignity.

DeletedUser

Good luck GTG tribe members in RL that do quit. And it could be nice to have an ending sometime soon. lol

EDIT: I don't get why you would say to just disband because a leader leaves though.
This world has no natural end, it is up to each and every one of you to decide when you want to end it. If I had been one of the many leaders to have left the ranks of our enemies I would have done the decent thing and put my tribe members out of their collective misery of being on the end of a daily beating from CTRL and GTG and disbanded my tribe.

I would still have fun if Billits left, it would only make us more disorganized if he disbanded the tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

EDIT: I don't get why you would say to just disband because a leader leaves though.

Not just because a leader quits. But a leader is the one who has the responsibility and capability to make that decision.

If GTG had been losing day in day out for months, then I would have surrendered to the enemy and disbanded.. it would be the honourable thing to do. If players them want to keep playing and form a new tribe, then so be it. But, to be honest, that would be pretty pointless in a world which has already been won to all intents and purposes.

How long do you want to play this world for? Another 5 years?

What are your goals in continuing to play it? To try and eat more barbs than the number of villages you lose to CTRL?

May I remind you that YOU are the ones that declared on CTRL.... sitting back and fighting the war by eating barbs seems a very passive way of fighting a war. Surely TW would be more fun for those who want to continue playing it, if you started on a new world.. a world you had a chance to win.

DeletedUser

To Budgiebird, PurpleWitch, Snowbie, and BubblegumBob12....founders and leaders of GTG:

Congratulations on leading a small rim tribe to various victories (ones not always counted among war stats) and a place of pride and honor on World 10.

You should be proud of what you have done, and how you have lead GTG over the past two years....I am sure you taught many of those who are (soon to be were) members many things that will prove to be useful in succeeding here if they chose to remain or eventually join other worlds if they opt to leave World 10.

As it is with sadness you are disbanding and departing, it is also with sadness we watch you leave; but the choices have been made and consequences determined. You are doing what you believe is right for yourselves in real life as well as within the game framework.

Even with its disbanding, the memory of GTG and its valiantly active members will continue as long as World 10 exists....now go and relax, return to the real life you put on hold for the past 2 years, and enjoy your victories.

You have done GTG and its allies proud, and have done World 10 and TW as a whole proud. It will be a lesser place without you.

DeletedUser71154

Tbh I would have to grats gtg on there success in world ten was glad to fight you as a tribe and glad to be have fun.

DeletedUser

I don't know how long I will play for. I am getting a little to old to play a game for 5 more years.
As to my goals, have fun and play a game with some old friends.

I think most people are just playing for fun now. It seems like a lot of the people on the backlines perked right up when they had to fight dave or someone close by.

If Ctrl deleted now, like your tribe intends to do, there would be no denying that they were the best. Atleast some in DDB/borg can say they fought the best for however long they have been fighting this war.
I would also say even if Ctrl stopped attacking and just went inactive (and lost), that they would still be considered the best for what they have accomplished.

You criticize DDB/borg for nobling barbs but TUBA is clear to sit back in the back lines like a lot of DDB/borg players.

I also don't think anyone is forcing people to play this world, so if they have more fun on a different one, I think they can go and do it instead.

Since this is a good-bye thread,
I also want to say, have to respect what your tribe has accomplished in W10.

DeletedUser

Goodbye Budgie and co. You will all be missed, you were a good friend and a great leader. Full praise to you and all your accomplishments both in game and RL.

I know those that remain from GTG will all find good homes, if they haven't already. We'll all keep fighting the good fight over our side of the world, and keep sticking it to those Borgies :icon_wink:

Best of luck to you in whatever you do with yourself now in RL, I've been through TW withdrawals, it's hard.

Full Nomadic Salute to you my brother.

DeletedUser

You criticize DDB/borg for nobling barbs but TUBA is clear to sit back in the back lines like a lot of DDB/borg players.

Since this is a good-bye thread,
I also want to say, have to respect what your tribe has accomplished in W10.

LOL.. don't even get me started on TUBA!

Nice guys though they might be and allies such as they are.. there is no doubt in my mind that had they shown half the determination and guts that some GTG members showed, we might actually have ended this world a long time ago. Yes, they are a long way from the front.. but then so were the BORG members who sent a constant stream of attacks down upon GTG from K2 and K12!

And thank you for your respect.

DeletedUser71154

LOL.. don't even get me started on TUBA!

Nice guys though they might be and allies such as they are.. there is no doubt in my mind that had they shown half the determination and guts that some GTG members showed, we might actually have ended this world a long time ago. Yes, they are a long way from the front.. but then so were the BORG members who sent a constant stream of attacks down upon GTG from K2 and K12!

And thank you for your respect.
K2 and K12 just like your back lines are some of the most elite :p I have to say that I'm glad to have met you.

DeletedUser

So long and thanks for all the fish - leaving TW is damned hard - but sometimes hard things have to be done. GTG is where I was born and where I will die. I would like to thank CTRL for the time I spent with them and the experiences I shared with them. You are legendary.

My thanks especially to Skipper321, Nutshesaid, who taught me how to play in the beginning and BarbaKahn, who made the game fun for me for a while before the end. To my Nomadic brothers in arms - Sir G and .-x-. give them hell for me as well.

Adieu ................

DeletedUser

Good buy gtg.i have just learn it and i am very sad that i learn it.you guys were great as ally and as friends.
good luck in your real life and i wish the best for you guys.

CMETILT

Congratulations on a well played game. Good luck to you and your mates. :)

DeletedUser44592

Good Luck in RL, sure we'll see more and more people saying good bye to TW to go back to real life.

DeletedUser

So long to all. Its been a blast. Thank you BORG for putting a top 120 ranked player into the top 50 for total OD. Oh, and the 2 million points worth of villages!

DeletedUser

Sucks to see you go. From the day the CTRL/GTG alliance was formed they have shown what true allies should act like. Tribes should take note.

DeletedUser

It has been ages I seems that I quit this world and damn am I proud to see GTG is still around all this time later (and how!)

Budgie man...great job!

(visit me in w41 ;D)

DeletedUser

I might just have to shoot you for that remark - although I am damned glad to see you are still around !