Happy Fourth of July!!!

DeletedUser

Happy 4th of July!

I had a pretty bad hangover from our own July 1rst celebrations over here.. so ENJOY!

DeletedUser

I cant....

First... you need to buy a passport... then a plane ticket... luggage fees.... then go through houts of cavity checks at the airport... plus they charge you if you plan on the leaving the country! WE ARE TRAPPED

Go to Canada just need an ID

DeletedUser

To address the history of the colonies...

The American colonies were not giving Great Britain very much money. In fact, the Brits were hemmoraging money on us. We weren't giving them any valuable materials. But the Brits kept investing in us because they hoped that we would be like India, which would be Great Britain's lifeline for money for almost 200 years.

Indeed citizens of Great Britain did pay higher taxes than the American colonists did. But they had a say in the matter. We American colonists didn't. We had our own local governments levy taxes on us. Then Great Britain defended us in the French and Indian War which we Americans started. So they wanted us to help pay for our damage. We said no.

Great Britain only made around 2000 pounds from the colonies... YEARLY. We didn't make money. So Great Britain wanted us to make a little more. We didn't. So we got mad and declared independence.

The entire story is America shoving a foot up Great Britain's ass... and the French helped us.

So yes, we did fuck over the guy who was trying to help us. But we became independent. And yes, we did have slavery, but we would soon get rid of it. We were one of the first nations to do so.

DeletedUser

I cant....

First... you need to buy a passport... then a plane ticket... luggage fees.... then go through houts of cavity checks at the airport... plus they charge you if you plan on the leaving the country! WE ARE TRAPPED

Tell you what if you hate this country so much then try immigrating to Iran. Maybe you can get your but kicked in the streets for voicing an opinion. You don't need anything to get out out of the country. Just head south. Millions of illegals have made it across the border. I'm sure you can climb a fence right?

DeletedUser64549

To address the history of the colonies...

The American colonies were not giving Great Britain very much money. In fact, the Brits were hemmoraging money on us. We weren't giving them any valuable materials. But the Brits kept investing in us because they hoped that we would be like India, which would be Great Britain's lifeline for money for almost 200 years.

Indeed citizens of Great Britain did pay higher taxes than the American colonists did. But they had a say in the matter. We American colonists didn't. We had our own local governments levy taxes on us. Then Great Britain defended us in the French and Indian War which we Americans started. So they wanted us to help pay for our damage. We said no.

Great Britain only made around 2000 pounds from the colonies... YEARLY. We didn't make money. So Great Britain wanted us to make a little more. We didn't. So we got mad and declared independence.

The entire story is America shoving a foot up Great Britain's ass... and the French helped us.

So yes, we did fuck over the guy who was trying to help us. But we became independent. And yes, we did have slavery, but we would soon get rid of it. We were one of the first nations to do so.

TY, Someone else who knows history....:icon_surprised:

Milfbuster

Tell you what if you hate this country so much then try immigrating to Iran. Maybe you can get your but kicked in the streets for voicing an opinion. You don't need anything to get out out of the country. Just head south. Millions of illegals have made it across the border. I'm sure you can climb a fence right?

i wouldnt fancy heading in that direction with the new bout of swine flu lmao

Milfbuster

oh yeah, how could i forget lol :icon_rolleyes:

its all the same to me... as long as i dont get it, i dont care what its called :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Lets celebrate every other national holiday too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_holidays_by_country

You know, im actually going to agree with this ^ As fantastic as the fourth of July is for Americans, it seems a little silly to have its very own thread.

I just think if we make one thread to Celebrate the fourth of july, we'd need to make one for everytime a country celebrated their day, which would very much make the forums very cluttered *shrugs*

I don't care if you aren't a citizen of the U.S. or not, you can still admit that you respect them... most of the time. We do have our faults, but we try to do what's right... most of the time.

Thats a pretty large assumption wouldn't you agree?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know, im actually going to agree with this ^ As fantastic as the fourth of July is for Americans, it seems a little silly to have its very own thread.

I just think if we make one thread to Celebrate the fourth of july, we'd need to make one for everytime a country celebrated their day, which would very much make the forums very cluttered *shrugs*

hey but its algerias independence day tomorrow :( cant forget that :(
then Lithuania day of state on the 6th :( were forgetting so many...

DeletedUser

But the USA is a superpower of the world... you can't really ignore it... I can, however, ignore Lithuania and other small nations. Sorry :p

Plus there are a large number of Americans playing on TW. I wouldn't mind an Independence day celebration for each major nation.

Those, in my opinion, being the Philipines, China, the U.K., Canada, the U.S.A., and Turkey. Although I am sure there are many other nations represented in TW, these nations seem to give the most players.

DeletedUser

hey but its algerias independence day tomorrow :( cant forget that :(
then Lithuania day of state on the 6th :( were forgetting so many...

I can't believe you missed Colombias independance day on the 20th. You should be ashamed *winks*

DeletedUser73160

But the USA is a superpower of the world... you can't really ignore it... I can, however, ignore Lithuania and other small nations. Sorry :p

Plus there are a large number of Americans playing on TW. I wouldn't mind an Independence day celebration for each major nation.

Those, in my opinion, being the Philipines, China, the U.K., Canada, the U.S.A., and Turkey. Although I am sure there are many other nations represented in TW, these nations seem to give the most players.

My country is more influential to me than the USA

DeletedUser

Humm with that being said i think you have a very large ego for your country :)

As without other countries around the world helping you, thanks to the way the worlds economy is set up, you'd be nothing but yesterdays news :)

Example: Canada stops selling you guys lumber oil food :O and electricity, you strave have massive power failures and problems in your building sector :icon_cool:

China stops imports and exports (dont know what they are) and wants there loans back, usa has to sell parts of its country which you love so much to pay off its massive debts :icon_cool:

No country is a superpower as everyone relys on another country in some way shape or form :icon_cool:

Edit:
I can't believe you missed Colombias independance day on the 20th. You should be ashamed *winks*

shuu no one will notice there just another "little country" :icon_wink:

DeletedUser64549

:icon_eek: eek, I hear loud noises outside my window

:icon_idea: Me hides under bed again, bye bye