How you came up with your Nickname?

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
lol.

My first internet use was thru my Gf's email account.

Her name was Pam, the account was thru Juno the company....

Pamjuno dont fit, but Pajuno does....

been using it for over 8 years now...

tangotemptress

Mine is pretty simple... I'm a dancer, and tango is one of the most tempting and passionate dances...

...and all my BD and THE men seem to be rather tempted... ;)

DeletedUser

The name I use here isn't my preferred username, however, I created this account before I started using it and since you can't change names...

Oh, and Shadow is because I am a very stealthy and secretive person(more so in RL), and 867 from "867-5309"

DeletedUser

I got in trouble at Primary school for saying "Yeah" instead of "Yes". One teacher got angry because I refused to change and yelled at me "Fraser-yeah !" in an angry tone.

Anyway, when I got my first computer, and started making my very first email account, Fraser (is my last name) was already taken.

I think having numbers at the end of a name is a little bit gay, so I remembered that day long ago at school, and had a chuckle to myself about it and decided that would be my on line alias forever more.

To this day I still say "Yeah".

Note : Name "Fraser" and "Frasier" have different pronunciation!

Fraser My name or Frazer: FRAY-zur (you can listen to how it is pronounced here http://inogolo.com/pronunciation/Fraser )

Fraiser or Frazier : FRAY-zhur See the difference ? ( you can listen to how it is pronounced here http://inogolo.com/pronunciation/Frazier )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

funny i thought you were still a noob...

-----------------

Grummit was just a name I thought I made up years ago. I liked the sound of it and decided to use it almost everything I do online.

As for ig GuardianFER was the previous account owners name.

/define term: Grummit.

DeletedUser

I started using wanderer years ago when I first got onto the internet when AOL was starting up. I figured I was wandering the world wide web. Then when I turned 30 I added it to my username, and numbers at the end of your name is not gay. :)

DeletedUser

I came up with the name RenegadeRecon about 7-8 years ago when I started online gaming. Renegades was my platoons name going through basic training. Recon was just short for Reconnaissance, which is what my job in the Army was. Then my last few years I reclassed as a Scout Sniper :icon_wink: That though is how I came up with the name RenegadeRecon. Also added a little history behind what Reconnaissance means.

Reconnaissance (also scouting) is a military and medical term denoting exploration conducted to gain information. Militarily, its shorthand Canadian and British form is recce (pronounced /ˈrɛki/), its American usage form is recon (pronounced /ˈriːkɒn/). The associated, linguistic forms are the verb reconnoitre in British spelling, and reconnoiter in American spelling; informally, recce and recon are used as a verb.

Militarily, reconnaissance is the active seeking to determine a foe's intentions by collecting and gathering information about an enemy's composition and capabilities along with pertinent environmental conditions, via direct observation, usually by scouts or military intelligence soldiers especially trained in critical surveillance.

Reconnaissance is part of combat intelligence, and contributes to, and is managed by, the government-level intelligence cycle management. Compare to counterintelligence and surveillance, which are the passive gathering of data and information. Special reconnaissance is the reconnaissance sub-activity of clandestinely collecting data and information by people and with technology behind enemy lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It was the first breed of dog I had as a kid. His name was Reggie, after the legendary Reggie White. Yep, you know where I'm from ;)

I always thought it was a pretty BA name for a pretty BA dog. The name stuck.

Gicusan

Grummit is an imposible name for me (and where I came from). We hate to have 2 strong adiacent consonnants if we can help any day of the week. So it is almost impossible to pronunce and remember.

Anyway, Gicusan.

It is actualy "Gicu" and "san". Gicu is a short of George and that is my name. -san is a sintagm used in japanese as a polite way to adress for males. Anyway, I practiced Karate-do for many, many years and I built some connection with that place. That and a friend of my father that was visiting Romania and adressed me that way like a joke (my father was a Karate sensei). In the end I am using it for 15 years on the internet and it is always free everywhere I make an account. It somehow covers my need of pretending decency in communication and also my inner need to be respected and, why not, frawn upon :)

By the way, there are close to none japanese players in TW which I find it kinda strange.

DeletedUser

I was listening to The Fallen Angel by Iron Maiden at the time I chose this name. It's a great song, but Liquid C and GBARY remain adamant that the angel bit is symbolic of my sexuality. Though meh. I have a multitude of past names, and typically use a new one for each world. But I think I'll be sticking to this one now.

@Gicusan. Liquid C is Japanese. And she's very proud of her heritage.

DeletedUser

Major*Payne is not my usual online/gameplay nickname either. I choose M*P because a friend of mine from w10 (miss saint) came to this world as miss_pain back at the opening of it. I came here just for fun as Major*Payne to have a similar name as her. I use ak_firefighter for all my other worlds names in the past, as I am an Alaskan volunteer firefighter and I'm currently in college working on my BA degree in Emergency services.

DeletedUser

Badlapje is flemish dialect for washandje. Washandje means washing cloth.

When i first joined the online community i found it absurd to use your own name as the email addy because, let's face it: nobody can check up anywho. I reckoned i might as well insert some humour into the process. Additionally i found that a lot of online games at the time (1998) were full of little kids with supposedly nasty sounding nicknames to scare people out of attacking them (such as uber1337, Badass, Chuck Norris). I reckoned i'd combine the two into one and hence badlapje was born. Quite a lot of those kids fell for it thinking i was a "bad" something. Ironically the fact that they couldn't figure out lapje ment they filled it in from their own imagination a lot better then i could make up stuff. I had quite some fun with my brother laughing at stupid englishspeaking kids :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

My friend introduced me to TW. I didn't know I'll play it, so I typed aco.mne

Aco-nickname from Aleksandar, my name, and MNE-Montenegro, my country

Then I got addicted to the game and I invented Lethal Touch for forums and future worlds.

DeletedUser

I used to read a lot of Western novels by Louis L'Amour.

In particular, he had a series about one family, The Sackett's. One of these was Jubal Sackett. He landed in America from I believe Wales area. He was a strong hunter and fighter, and I use it for online games often. The other one I used was Barnabas, also one of the Sackett's. Barnabas was taken, so Jubal it was.

DeletedUser

the "shear" part is to do with englands best number 9 alan shearer the "joy" part is for irony purposes cause im far from happy, also as i play alot of FPS under the name of "shearjoy" i get shear joy from shooting folk in a virtual surrounding.

anyway why is anyone here get on modern warfare 2!! level 45 already 25 to go till prestige!!

DeletedUser

Wow great thread parm,not often I read through a whole thread these days :icon_sad:

Well,I wanted something comical and light hearted not anything to serious like xXshadowsniperelite666Xx or some other pathetic name.So I tried Magic mushroom,it was sadly taken :icon_cry:

However,Mushroom was free,but I thought Mushroom by it's self was a bit boring so I added the 123 to the end :)

I previously played under the name Tomdewarrior (Cheesey I know) On world 16

Mushy is just short for Mushroom123 and was given to me by Darkdiamonds

DeletedUser71844

I had just completed Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, you start off as a SOLDIER 2nd Class, and it is the ultimate goal to reach the title of SOLDIER 1st Class. I had just reached that goal when I started playing tribal wars. So what else could it have been?