~I~ and our slaves ~J~ declare war against...

DeletedUser56839

Incorrect, the other posts just turned into a bunch of heated debates. This post had minimal effect on the other posts.

DeletedUser

finding out what beats what in combinations and how to micro different units outthinking your opponents while making them waste more resources, etc..

RTS has a pattern. Once you play the game long enough, you learn the pattern. I prefer tw. you just have to love the twists of diplomacy within the game.
Tw in itself is simple to learn allthough it requires time to be good at. However the fun comes in the social aspect. ;)

DeletedUser

Mastery of TW could, in theory, be achieved in 1 hour (if one were to have good memory).

Mastery of a great game like AOE is impossible to achieve for 99.99% of people no matter how much they play. When a great RTS game comes out, literally millions play it heavily. And yet, only about 10-20 people raise to the cream of the crop and dominate all others. RTS, or in my case AOE, played on such a high level contains strategy levels impossible to imagine for people who aren't at least expert level players in the game.

While in TW, even the noobest of the noob perfectly well understand why it is beneficial to time an enitre Op within one second, how to snipe someone's nuke, etc. Problem being, that most people are too busy with life and some are too lazy to bother, but in reality 99.99% of people who play TW would play it on the highest level imaginable if they could just sit all day at the computer, use the attack planner and refer to their notes.

Same can't be said for a great strategy RTS game.

Only downfall to my argument is, well not a downfall - my argument still stands, but more of an aspect that wasn't covered: to be great at RTS you need to have decent keyboard + mouse control.. but you need the same for TW so they cancel each other out and my argument stands (for TW - if you can't time your trains under 1 second consistently and precisely click timed attacks, snipes, etc.. well, you can't be best).

mLions

While in TW, even the noobest of the noob perfectly well understand why it is beneficial to time an enitre Op within one second, how to snipe someone's nuke, etc. Problem being, that most people are too busy with life and some are too lazy to bother, but in reality 99.99% of people who play TW would play it on the highest level imaginable if they could just sit all day at the computer, use the attack planner and refer to their notes.

Very true...

Now all of yous, get off your couches, switch off the computers and go outside to do some real work! :)

DeletedUser

ignoring half my post...

still the same hillberries

I didn't ignore nothing dude.

1/2 of your post was speaking of the social aspect of game, when in fact we're discussing strategy ^^

The other 1/2 about the patterns, was wrong.. patterns don't really play a role, people who play too similar every game, even if they're supremely talented and quick handed, they are easy pray for people who play unexpectedly and react to each situation individually - RTS isn't about figuring out and such - everybody who plays any game seriously knows all the combinations, situations, numbers, figures, resources, and so on.. The real fun begins after that point, when everybody you face is an absolute expert and knows absolutely everything about the game itself, so you can't trick anybody or use knowledge that they don't know.. you literally have to outsmart them every single game.

DeletedUser

Very true...

Now all of yous, get off your couches, switch off the computers and go outside to do some real work! :)

He cant. He's busy leading an very unhappy ~I~ tribe now :lol:

That was some sexy mutinery, huh? ;P

I wonder how ~I~ members will feel when they all find out how you did that. You mind end up with more members in J ^^

Hope it was all worth it: sacrifycing tons of members happiness and future for your own ego ;)