~I~ and our slaves ~J~ declare war against...

jakeeboy

One of my friends is from Serbia, I talk to people who live in some of the worst places in the world. I study up on living conditions throughout the world. No matter how much you know about life in other places, it's still living a sheltered existence, because you never understand their suffering. I'm not putting myself out of that group, I don't understand the extent of suffering that people around the world face on a daily basis.

And like I already stated, this is a game that is almost parallel to the world today. A game can also be thought of as a simulation, such as "war games" that the military uses to simulate combat situations. So in that respect your definition of game is not true in all practical forms.

I did not claim you threatened me, however the comment was extremely close and it mentioned my assassination. That is very disappointing, and I thought that somebody of your "status" could think of something more meaningful to say.
As so many people have said before it is a...
game...
If this was supposed to be a combat simulation game we wouldn't playing it right now. The TW squad has made this game so we can play and test ourselves against everyone else. This is not whatsoever parrallel to real life. Maybe if we where playing in the 10th centuary yeah, maybe. Besides stat one way this Game could be used as a simulation war game. It doesnt even teach tatics... Yeah if we where playing say AOE3 or Call of Duty or even HALO!! Then you could say it teaches you battle tatics. This game does not however, all it really teaches you is how to get along with people you don't know, and by the looks of it You are really bad at that.

DeletedUser56839

hill berries, I'm sorry that I overlooked your history. You deserve more respect than what I gave you.

And I do agree, people who get their feelings hurt over a game like TW are sad. I have been rimmed countless times and so far it just seems to be part of everyday life.

DeletedUser56839

None of those games teaches you anything about tactics. It just tells you how to shoot randomly as a pawn in a military.

This game does teach limited tactics in battle, but the diplomacy and leadership remains the same. And in the end, your knowledge of diplomacy and leadership will be the better benefits.

DeletedUser

None of those games teaches you anything about tactics. It just tells you how to shoot randomly as a pawn in a military.

This game does teach limited tactics in battle, but the diplomacy and leadership remains the same. And in the end, your knowledge of diplomacy and leadership will be the better benefits.

Well, you gotta consider TW is a nub gamer, extremely easy. if you're good at other war games (say AoE), you'll be dominant in no time in TW.

TW doesnt have jack strats wise.

DeletedUser56839

I actually got into this game because of the training it gave me in leadership.

DeletedUser

if you're good at other war games (say AoE), you'll be dominant in no time in TW.

Not exactly true. AoE, although a RTS, is a much faster paced game, one where you do not interact with other humans at all, and even playing online is very limited. In addition, it is a much smaller scale then TW.

DeletedUser

Not exactly true. AoE, although a RTS, is a much faster paced game, one where you do not interact with other humans at all, and even playing online is very limited. In addition, it is a much smaller scale then TW.

I would like to correct you there. Both myself and Popov have AoE roots as we dominated that game for a number of years, hence our friendship.

AoE is a far more complex and strategic game than TW is. I couldn't even make a valid comparison between the two, so I shall leave you with that simple fact ;)

DeletedUser

You are talking about the computer games right? Or am I mistaken :icon_surprised:.

DeletedUser

You are talking about the computer games right? Or am I mistaken :icon_surprised:.

Yes. Age of Empires: Rise of Rome.

Sadly the game has died (in western world, in China it's still played massively).. but it was just, an exercise to the mind. It was beautiful.

DeletedUser

Basically, what HB is saying (and I am):

RTS games requires skills to dominate. You can become a dominating playing at TW in less then a month easily.

Basically, 1 is a joke to master ;P

DeletedUser

tribial wars is more strategic the AoE methinks not only do you have to be a military power as you can easliy be wiped out be the many other players who are allied. you must make smart alliances with people both on th tribe and player level i'd like to see one player who can do well at these game without a word to other players.

anyways people how goes the war? (back to the topic)

DeletedUser

tribial wars is more strategic the AoE methinks not only do you have to be a military power as you can easliy be wiped out be the many other players who are allied. you must make smart alliances with people both on th tribe and player level i'd like to see one player who can do well at these game without a word to other players.

anyways people how goes the war? (back to the topic)

I entirely agree ; in this game diplomacy and interaction with players is as important as the tactical skills needed to fight a war and build troops

Baumir

DeletedUser56839

I think we can reach a compromise here lol

AoE is better suited for tactics in the form of armed conflict.
Tribal Wars is better suited for social skills, leadership, and diplomacy.

DeletedUser

I think we can reach a compromise here lol

AoE is better suited for tactics in the form of armed conflict.
Tribal Wars is better suited for social skills, leadership, and diplomacy.

Quite close. But not quite.

Since I know for a fact that not one person on this forum (aside from Popov) was ever an expert in AOE (otherwise they would recognize my name immediately), I do feel like I have the credentials to make a good ruling.

TW is more about social skills.. and some strategy.

AOE is ALL about strategy and tactics. It's a highly highly strategic game. But only so on elite levels.. noobs never know wtf is happening anyways.

I would say TW is a strategy game, for sure.. but very scarely. Only real strategy involved in TW is on a large scale tribal level such as leading a tribe during a tough war. But the daily, day to day operations are just routine. There are commonly known facts about game - time this at that time, send this at that time, fake in these situations, act as if this is that.. but the game doesn't allow one to completely circumvent all accepted ways and to literally freestyle one's way to victory... e.g. no matter how strategically inclined you are, if you use sw's instead of axers in your nukes you'll get pwnt... in AOE, you have the freedom of completely turning everything upside down if you're creative enough to invent beautiful strategic situations.

DeletedUser56839

I think you're mistaking military strategy with social strategy. I agree, Tribal Wars limits tactical decisions that would otherwise make the game more militarily accurate.

However, Tribal Wars success relies greatly on diplomacy, leadership, influence, and other factors. Tribal Wars builds more necessary character for real world success.

AoE helps you out if you're a general, but they have classes for generals that teach more than AoE does ;)

DeletedUser

I think you're mistaking military strategy with social strategy. I agree, Tribal Wars limits tactical decisions that would otherwise make the game more militarily accurate.

However, Tribal Wars success relies greatly on diplomacy, leadership, influence, and other factors. Tribal Wars builds more necessary character for real world success.

AoE helps you out if you're a general, but they have classes for generals that teach more than AoE does ;)

I don't think you realize what AoE is.

As for TW success: farming, farming, farming.. ^^

DeletedUser

Here's a video of me playing AoE:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=93UZU00D

p.s. in my defense (yes, I'm very touchy over it), I was at about 70% of my top shape and speed in this video.

And the game lag = the guy is from Vietnam so bad connection.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please drift back onto topic.

Last AoE related post:

AoE rocks, I played that so much when microsoft had their servers up.

DeletedUser

Please drift back onto topic.

Last AoE related post:

AoE rocks, I played that so much when microsoft had their servers up.

MSN Zone?

Well people still play it on www.igzones.com ---- download client, register, set up igz patch.. and you in business ^^

Still some very very very good games to be played ^^

DeletedUser

Btw penguin.. this was a spam thread.. started up as a joke.. and I don't think you should stop it. Since we opened up 2 spam threads, spam went way down in 'serious' threads, just a thought ^^