I swear this did not start out as an anti-TW rant...

The Great 1One1

Yeah rob23 quit just before the Deus war in about November time, though he pretty much quit in August.

deadsocks

I agree with some of the elements of Socks' post, but the tone of which I completely disagree with. How can you say you lose respect for someone for poting his/her opinions? I may as well say I don't respect you for liking green because I prefer blue.
He isn't only expressing an opinion, but he's trying to sway everyone to his way of thinking. His words remind me more than I am comfortable with those of an evangelist - "I have seen the light! Your lives are meaningless!"

DeletedUser

Its funny how the enlightened among us that realize tw is such a burden on there social life, decide to spend there newly acquainted 'free time' posting on pnp. :/

DeletedUser41659

Its funny how the enlightened among us that realize tw is such a burden on there social life, decide to spend there newly acquainted 'free time' posting on pnp. :/

The forums and the game aren't the same thing.

DeletedUser41659

Hey Mr Sully!

Still keeping the forums alive I see. Well done sir!

And Mr Ewok has returned!

@Topic - Well that was quite an impressive rant from Mr Tubs. Well don't worry, he'll tire of his wife soon enough. Maybe we could do a swap ... you know, keep it fresh. Well, my wife has been worn down already so hopefully Tubs' still has a bit of kick.

But srsly ... don't be so dam depressing! Life is a dance, not a race. So DANCE !!!

*Dances*

DeletedUser55663

Too bad he only comes around when forums aren't very active :3

DeletedUser41659

Heck yeah Magnus!
You're the king!

Oh it's Ms Socks!!!

Long time no chat my dear. Always a *pleasure* to *have* you.

Well with all this "TW sucks" talk, I thought it might be nice to pick Tubbys lips off the ground and bring a little love. Dang. His posts used to be so entertaining too. Come on Tubs! you can still have some fun in the forums. You're quite a funny guy too.

Oh and it's VERY nice to see everyone. Been a while since the Magnus popped in. Sully - keep that spam flowing and Ewok - keep those moderators busy.

Still looking good W24.

DeletedUser

Oh it's Ms Socks!!!

Long time no chat my dear. Always a *pleasure* to *have* you.

Well with all this "TW sucks" talk, I thought it might be nice to pick Tubbys lips off the ground and bring a little love. Dang. His posts used to be so entertaining too. Come on Tubs! you can still have some fun in the forums. You're quite a funny guy too.

Oh and it's VERY nice to see everyone. Been a while since the Magnus popped in. Sully - keep that spam flowing and Ewok - keep those moderators busy.

Still looking good W24.

No word for me?

emoticon-0106-crying.gif

DeletedUser41659

Aww come on now!

@Waffles - hmmm, an alias ^'o_0^

@Mr Kriidy - Nice to see you again sir. Still working hard I see AND co-playing with Mr CGO of the Pie? Now HE is a character! I seem to remember one of his threads like this one ...

DeletedUser

o.0 Magnus?

What are you doing here, I thought you and the Mrs had turned into a full time baby factory. :icon_wink:

But you did leave me out, and now I feel lonely. Don't you forget about me

slowdowntubby

@ socks - let me relate a story to you. About a week after I deleted and started talking to my TW friends again, five different people told me that they wish they had the courage to do what I did. That they weren't having any fun anymore. That the game was affecting their lives negatively. That the only thing keeping them playing was habit. And that they didn't want to quit out of a sense of obligation to their tribemates.

All of those people are still playing. As I already said, if you can play TW and keep it from impacting your life, I'm happy for you. A lot of people can't though. If you want to get offended because I relate my experiences with an eye to helping those people, I don't know what to tell you.

All I know is I know people who are in counseling because of TW, people who have lost jobs because of TW, people who have failed school because of TW, and one person whose wife was so desperate to get her husband back that she deleted his account. I think that's sad.

And finally, just think of this. If you didn't have people in your tribe playing to the extent that it affects their RL, your tribe wouldn't exist.

To all:

I'll reiterate that I really didn't come on here to harsh on people playing a game. A game that I used to love. And a game where I made good friends. I felt that I left some people hanging when I quit and I wanted to explain why. In the course of that, the bad things about TW really crystallized in my mind and I couldn't help but post them here. I won't post anymore about that though. I think my feelings are more than clear and even if I haven't made a single person second guess what they're doing, I'm happy just to get it off my chest.

I spent 500 days uninterrupted playing on this world and I think it's safe to say shaping the outcome of this world. I hope you guys won't begrudge me checking in every week or so to find out how things are progressing :)

DeletedUser

All I know is I know people who are in counseling because of TW, people who have lost jobs because of TW, people who have failed school because of TW, and one person whose wife was so desperate to get her husband back that she deleted his account. I think that's sad.
I think this statement could apply to most online games, not exclusively to TW.
WoW would have to be responsible for negatively impacting on more lives than TW for instance.

It's all a matter of keeping the game in perspective, if I have plans to launch a bunch of timed attacks over the course of an evening, and friends pop round for some drinks, I just log out and forget about it. I can re-send at a later date, no big deal.

The way it seems to me, is that the further the world (and your account) progresses, the easier it is to be able to just let things go for a day or two. The fault is not with the game itself, but in the mindset of those playing it. In the same way that some people shouldn't drink, some people shouldn't TW. But, that is of no consequence to those that can handle their liquor, or handle their TW.