I swear this did not start out as an anti-TW rant...

DeletedUser

The Great KS said:
The way it seems to me, is that the further the world (and your account) progresses, the easier it is to be able to just let things go for a day or two. The fault is not with the game itself, but in the mindset of those playing it. In the same way that some people shouldn't drink, some people shouldn't TW. But, that is of no consequence to those that can handle their liquor, or handle their TW.

this....Im part of people who should not drink,but some time I do it anyway,cause I just dont give a ...

But when I do it,and do somstuff that I aint pround of it the day after cause I was too much drunk,I dont blame the beer...I blame my own weakness for having done something I know I would had be better to avoid...

so tubby...If TW do that for you,good thing you stoped it,but dont blame the game for your addictive behavior,its only a damn game FFS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41659

o.0 Magnus?

What are you doing here, I thought you and the Mrs had turned into a full time baby factory. :icon_wink:

But you did leave me out, and now I feel lonely. Don't you forget about me

The Saber!

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten when you rammed my Chocolate Factory :icon_wink:

Well this thread does bring up some good points. But one does have to be in control and know when to say when. There are those that take the game far too seriously and may not be able to pull themselves away for a night on the town or some good times with the boys (and girls, especially the "giving" ones) and it may be that they need some counselling.

Counselling can be an enriching experience and let those who try it find the inner rectum of their problems. Then some cleansing can be done.

On a side note, yesterday was Chinese New Year. So ...

Happy Day After Chinese New Year ... Everyone!!!

DeletedUser

The Saber!

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten when you rammed my Chocolate Factory :icon_wink:

Well this thread does bring up some good points. But one does have to be in control and know when to say when. There are those that take the game far too seriously and may not be able to pull themselves away for a night on the town or some good times with the boys (and girls, especially the "giving" ones) and it may be that they need some counselling.

Counselling can be an enriching experience and let those who try it find the inner rectum of their problems. Then some cleansing can be done.

On a side note, yesterday was Chinese New Year. So ...

Happy Day After Chinese New Year ... Everyone!!!

Happy Chinese New Year Magnus :icon_biggrin:

Kristiedawn

The forums and the game aren't the same thing.

:icon_redface:
Yeah !! Like he ^Said. Don't knock those of us who visit :(
We just wanna be friiiends :(

Hi Marc!

Tw may sometimes be a burden. But I always found it a good thing. I have met people here who i honestly will consider friends for life. If it wasn't for TW, I wouldn't be with Firas now. So, to me it's been more of a great thing.
Everyone has a different experience here. You just need to be the judge of your own situation, and figure out what is the best thing for you. You can keep the friends, as many of us here have proven :p

The Great 1One1

You never speak to me :(

I thought we were best friends.

Obviously I was wrong.

DeletedUser55663

Do you just post for the sake of posting? "Lol me too :D" isn't really a reply that should be repeated in 20 topics :|

slowdowntubby

gopie I reinstalled skype on my computer about a month ago. In my deleting frenzy I forgot that I use skype for actual business as well. :S. I promise I'll look you up one day as I certainly have been remiss in mentioning your name in all these posts and I do not think that is commensurate with the lasting effect you had on me and w24.

That better?

Kristie! Congratulations! What amazes me is that yours and Firas' engagement is actually the 2nd TW love story that I encountered in the 16 or so months I was on w24. Old FBS friends will remember MissViolet and Exivus who last I heard were still happily planning their lives together. It proves that there can be redeeming value here, a fact which I have never denied. The fact that some people can make real lasting connections on this silly game while other people can ruin their lives just goes to show that we all get out of TW what we make of it. I wish you guys all the best :)

DeletedUser

Do you just post for the sake of posting? "Lol me too :D" isn't really a reply that should be repeated in 20 topics :|

Now you look like you're talking to noone, silly Sully. :icon_razz:

Repinski

I read all of this and I agree with bits and pieces of most of the posts in here. The negative TW and the positive TW. I personally play the game for the social aspect abd I do not let it interfear with my social life. I have had thousands of incomings and was just starting to tag them and then gotten a call from a friend asking me if I wanted to hang out and I immediately without even thinking closed the window and walked out the door. TW is a hobby to me and nothing more.

Although I am also not afraid to say that Tw was ruining my life but then I woke up one morning as a council member of Who? in W33 and realised what it was doing to me and so I said F it and I quit W33. That morning changed my life and I am glad it did because now Tw is just a hobby to me and well I love my hobby :D

Repinski

Ewok this game is just a hobby, it doesn't matter to me if I win or not.

DeletedUser

This thread is like you read my mind :icon_eek: *puts on tin foil hat*

Kristie! Congratulations! What amazes me is that yours and Firas' engagement is actually the 2nd TW love story that I encountered in the 16 or so months I was on w24. Old FBS friends will remember MissViolet and Exivus who last I heard were still happily planning their lives together. It proves that there can be redeeming value here, a fact which I have never denied. The fact that some people can make real lasting connections on this silly game while other people can ruin their lives just goes to show that we all get out of TW what we make of it. I wish you guys all the best :)

congrats to KD and Firas, I know of two other TW love stories from w24 :D

(one with a little one on the way :icon_wink:) they know who they are.

I quit TW several months ago with the fall of MANIC, I tried w42 with those noobs, but it just takes to much time out of my life and playing half arsed and failing would cripple me mentally. (even more than I am :D)

I just log in every week or so to stop going barb, but the game really lost its appeal to me ages ago. as everyone says they play for the people not the game.

even though manic are my ho's, I dont "hate" everyone we ever fought. I talk to everyone :D

my only regret is that I was/am not active on PnP. skype is a different matter...

I went AFK and forgot what I started talking about at the top of this post now.

meh. hack over and out until my next monthly PnP check.

huggles to all you nubs.