Failed Vote Implement Snipe Scripts in the game

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I firmly believe tribal wars should include an inbuilt basic sniping script as a core to the game.

There is absolutely no reason that it shouldn't be included in the rally point as an option to defend.

I still to this day snipe by hovering over a village and checking the countdown timer.

The reality is you should not be better than your opponent because you have access to better scripts than they do!

Everyone should have the same basic tools (like the ability to send trains). Some new players don't even know how to use that function but when they find it they absolutely love it.

TL;DR have an inbuilt option of a sniping script in the game (basic version)

There is ABSOLUTELY no arguing that SNIPING is one of the most important defensive techniques there are. As important as sending a tight train!

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Approved for voting. Please feel free to submit your favourite snipe scripts as well (with a screenshot of its functionality) so we have some ideas to work with!

Donkey Sex Show

blocked
Reaction score
Are you saying auto generate a list of times to send based on speed? Like the current snipe scripts do. Or are you saying tribal wars should implement a feature, similar to the train sending, where you put in a landtime and it will tell you when to send on the confirm screen?

Deleted User - 848983838

I agree implementing a snipe script should be a thing. How many players don't even add scripts? There should be a list of of scripts that are auto added because of how important they are. Mass scavenge snipe, timer etc

No feature as donkey said just a script to generate the time for the launch

- Mr. President

Reaction score
I feel like this suggestion is more of a "just add all of the legal scripts into the game itself" suggestion rather than just adding this specific script, because today it might be suggested to add this script and tomorrow another script and the day after, well, you get the point, and I'm not sure if adding all of the code into the game is the best idea ever.
What i do feel like should be done though is when you go to the subscriptions page and click on the premium account options it should tell you that you can use scripts that make your life easier in the game, and make the fast access bar a more relevant part of the settings and at the top of the things on that tab there should be a link opening a new tab to redirect the player to the approved scripts section here in the forum, but this is pretty much a whole different suggestion so i don't know

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I feel like there are 3 things that is needed for this:
1) Target village(s) & Landning time
9a20ebe7fde5061766aa6e678021d99c.png

^This function could be switched to incoming page, and add a "Generate Snipe Times" button next to "Request Support" where you just mark a command you want to land on. After this time for next step:
2) Unit Speed.
801f86f1c3930a316e8811c691b94e9a.png

^What different unit speed do you want to attempt to snipe with, which will generate multiple sendings from same village depend what the slowest are (which will give you multiple attempts per village). This brings us to last step:

3) Generated Timings
25c0752d68ef0fc7230e3f621b22b44a.png

793c17062206ea3d0e76095960655f8d.png

Easy to import to notes with BB-codes and which unit speed to use.

All this was part of this script:
Code:
javascript:$.getScript('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y32vs0i6392wfoc/Tsalkapone.Snipe_script.js');void 0;

Using Incoming Page to extract Time + Coords should hopefully make it possible to generate snipes for multiple village.

How to make it easy for an account to snipe trains that isnt on themself i guess Rally Point is a good place to be able to import coords + timings?

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Game has been dumb down enough with Watchtowers and other things. Let new players learn how to really play just like all top players.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
While I don't want to start suggesting snipe scripts since I would be in conflict of interest :p I agree with the idea of having some features currently existing as scripts only built in the game core.

Features like:
- snipe time combinations (not snipe sending)
- better incoming tagger
- fake script generators
- attack planner at player level (not just tribe leader level)

I mean, all these features exist as scripts (or as separate tools, example fxutility), they are already there, for the ones who know how to find them at least.

There are a lot of factors in the game, scripts (at least for such things) should not be a deciding factor. That's my point of view at least as a scripter.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
it might just be me but snipe scripts always tend to lag my connection making a snipe impossible when using a snipe script (currently using a simple and easy work around to find snipes without scripts)

would a snipe script being built into the game cause any lag??

Deleted User - 848983838

it might just be me but snipe scripts always tend to lag my connection making a snipe impossible when using a snipe script (currently using a simple and easy work around to find snipes without scripts)

would a snipe script being built into the game cause any lag??

you must not be using them right because you shouldn't have the script being used when sniping. the script only finds the times which you usually copy/paste into a notebook.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
you must not be using them right because you shouldn't have the script being used when sniping. the script only finds the times which you usually copy/paste into a notebook.
thats possible

however was counting the scripts that help with the timing by showing the millisecs tick over as a snipe script
rather then the ones that seem to be a support planner (similar to the attack planner) only giving the second when a certain troop needs to be sent at

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Based on the implementation of the attack planner, I'm a little bit suspicious of whether this would actually be implemented in a useful way for most situations. I also would hope that if this does make it through a vote, it is made clear that voting for this is not voting to re-add the disastrous auto-snipe system that was about to be added a while ago. And finally, for my implementation concerns, I'd like to point out that this feature would only really help newbies if it is not shown to them clearly and obviously - for example, in my experience dealing with newer players, many are still unaware that the fake train feature exists.

But outside of those concerns... I have to say that a well-implemented snipe script ingame would save most players a lot of time, would make things simpler for everyone, and would make the game easier to learn for new players. I think all of those are good goals, and I don't agree with the doomsday predictions here that this would make defending substantially easier - we already have these scripts, after all. There's no significant downside to this aside from people feeling like their knowledge advantage (which I believe to be distinctly different from skill, for clarity) is being neutered. I don't personally consider that a valid concern, so I'm voting yes.