Intelligence on the "Killer of Tea Party"

DeletedUser

Lol, I like this ngunghuong guy. :)

Props for what you've done so far, mate.

DeletedUser

Agressiveness can help when you are in a tribe.

The tortoise helps when you are alone. I understand how you could be confused though, as im not in a tribe:icon_biggrin:

If i had built my HQ high to be a point whore and train LCs to noble other villages, their tribes could have responsed with mass attacks on my village when it is not ready.

Instead, i build a tortoise with a low point - high troop profile, ppl will just ignore me because attacking me means risks bigger than returns. I buy the time and build up the village.

In this case, the tortoise may win in the long run, of course with an appropriate strategy.

i would assume keeping a low profile helps with the turtle strategy lol. At this point, someone might be like f this and just attack for heck of it.

DeletedUser

There may be some one, lol, atm i can kill 4500 axes accompanied by 2000 LCs. Will he sacrifice that force for a lone city?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser82180

No. And for that reason your tactic is paying off for you. However, I think you know that soon, when single nukes begin to mean less to large players, you will probably be nobled. I'm sure you will put up a fight and kill off some troops, but the thing is, you will be nobled as soon as some like NINJAVITIS or Newbie-Bob decide they want your village and they are prepared to waste a few nukes on it. It's just the way of the game. Perhaps you could, in a future world, get a group of people sort of close to you, and all use the same general tactic of turtling. However i guess your a 'lone wolf' and would never think of doing that...

DeletedUser

No. And for that reason your tactic is paying off for you. However, I think you know that soon, when single nukes begin to mean less to large players, you will probably be nobled. I'm sure you will put up a fight and kill off some troops, but the thing is, you will be nobled as soon as some like NINJAVITIS or Newbie-Bob decide they want your village and they are prepared to waste a few nukes on it. It's just the way of the game. Perhaps you could, in a future world, get a group of people sort of close to you, and all use the same general tactic of turtling. However i guess your a 'lone wolf' and would never think of doing that...
Well, when one has 10 cities, losing a full farm army is nothing big and ill expect to have incoming attacks by that time. Anyway, this is a war game and fighting and losing my village is fun itself, but as said many a time, i love big battles. So i hope they ll bring good armies to my walls:axemen:

DeletedUser

Irony:

Dictates that in the natural world, the turtle is the creature with the longest lifespan. Some live 200 years. Weird then that the TW turtle is oft the most short-lived of creatures.

Very cool to see someone buck the trends, even if it does fail. This tactic sort of reminds me of the Roman 'Testudo' where they would form a turtle shape with their shields, walk up to the enemy - slow as they like - suffer whatever they can throw. Then unleash an attack of their own. Unless of course he encounters the player equivelant of a tank and just gets run over, seems a gamble. But fun to look at.

DeletedUser

Irony:

Dictates that in the natural world, the turtle is the creature with the longest lifespan. Some live 200 years. Weird then that the TW turtle is oft the most short-lived of creatures.

Very cool to see someone buck the trends, even if it does fail. This tactic sort of reminds me of the Roman 'Testudo' where they would form a turtle shape with their shields, walk up to the enemy - slow as they like - suffer whatever they can throw. Then unleash an attack of their own. Unless of course he encounters the player equivelant of a tank and just gets run over, seems a gamble. But fun to look at.
The Testudo can easily be defeated by HCs and Mounted archers, as in the battle of Carrhae when 10 k HCs and Mounted Archers defeated a Roman army four times as big:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

The Testudo can easily be defeated by HCs and Mounted archers, as in the battle of Carrhae when 10 k HCs and Mounted Archers defeated a Roman army four times as big:icon_cool:

Yes, Im well aware of Ancient History. But it was meant in a different context. lol.

Figurative. Besides, the 10k HC woiuld pretty much be the equivelant of the 'tank' I mentioned.

DeletedUser

ngung shouldn't be flamed for his play style. There is no right or wrong way of playing this game. its all down to location play-style and adaptability. currently given his location he has adopted the "turtle" play-style, if he was surrounded by noobs then he may have adopted the "tank" style.

At the end of the day how can he be criticized on doing something most other players would do in the same predicament?

DeletedUser

Well, when one has 10 cities, losing a full farm army is nothing big and ill expect to have incoming attacks by that time. Anyway, this is a war game and fighting and losing my village is fun itself, but as said many a time, i love big battles. So i hope they ll bring good armies to my walls:axemen:

irony is good battles occur in mid or late part of the game. there is no good battle when you are just at startup, well for experienced player that is. They treat the early game skirmishes with just farming runs and nothing more. If what you are saying is true, that you like good battles, then the more reason to last more than 1 village which i don't see in you.

DeletedUser

ngung shouldn't be flamed for his play style. There is no right or wrong way of playing this game. its all down to location play-style and adaptability. currently given his location he has adopted the "turtle" play-style, if he was surrounded by noobs then he may have adopted the "tank" style.

At the end of the day how can he be criticized on doing something most other players would do in the same predicament?

Most other players might do it, but it is the wrong thing to do.

The only proper way to play this game is to be aggressive and join a tribe who shares your views, otherwise you are building your city for another person.

There is no reason we cant criticize what we dont agree with.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Good Point.

The only proper way to play this game is to be aggressive and join a tribe who shares your views, otherwise you are building your city for another person.

Another good point.

Well there is still the option of restarting in another k.

DeletedUser

irony is good battles occur in mid or late part of the game. there is no good battle when you are just at startup, well for experienced player that is. They treat the early game skirmishes with just farming runs and nothing more. If what you are saying is true, that you like good battles, then the more reason to last more than 1 village which i don't see in you.
I dont say ill have one village forever. My strategy is to build the first one strong before starting others. By the time full-farm armies come, they may have to face five full farm defences. Thats the epics battles ill love to have:axemen:

DeletedUser

I dont say ill have one village forever. My strategy is to build the first one strong before starting others. By the time full-farm armies come, they may have to face five full farm defences. Thats the epics battles ill love to have:axemen:

Too slow, you'll get slaughtered and cut off from your own growth for some time seeing as you're a solo act...

DeletedUser

That is the proper way, but not the fun way:lol:.
That proper way i have been fed up with, fighting thru servers.

Whats the end game? Having 100 cities and ranking among the top? You can choose that way, but i can choose to fight and lose as a lone wolf, its my fun way.

Too slow, you'll get slaughtered and cut off from your own growth for some time seeing as you're a solo act...
I might be, but atm im still safe and the second city can be ready very soon.

DeletedUser22731

This is no fairy tale or cute little story meant to teach, this is tribal wars. I understand how you could be confused though.

Tribal hugs is a cute little game... I think you have it the wrong way round here. :icon_rolleyes:

Hasn't everyone been supplying their neighbors regularly with resources like me? :icon_surprised:

ngunghuong, you go get them, champ! :icon_biggrin:

PetarPavao

Whats the end game? Having 100 cities and ranking among the top? You can choose that way, but i can choose to fight and lose as a lone wolf, its my fun way.

first of all, they are villages

and second, playing for a few months and then dying is pointless, if you want to play a server, play it till you have 10-15 millions and make yourself known as a great player

to me playing the start only and quitting when getting to 30-40 villages or similar is plain idiotic.. if you want to play the game, play it, don't waste time for nothing

DeletedUser

Really?With smithy at 12 ?
Smithy can change a lot in 5 days:icon_biggrin:

Tribal hugs is a cute little game... I think you have it the wrong way round here. :icon_rolleyes:

Hasn't everyone been supplying their neighbors regularly with resources like me? :icon_surprised:

ngunghuong, you go get them, champ! :icon_biggrin:

:iron::ram: have fun

first of all, they are villages

and second, playing for a few months and then dying is pointless, if you want to play a server, play it till you have 10-15 millions and make yourself known as a great player

to me playing the start only and quitting when getting to 30-40 villages or similar is plain idiotic.. if you want to play the game, play it, don't waste time for nothing

I dont need to be known as a great player. Its pointless to me. I dont fancy the idea of spending 24/24 in TW taking care of 10 million villages. Id rather have 5 villages, spend much less time in TW and more time around shopping with friends:lol:.

TW to me is just a small pastime when I can time by time look at it, send out some farming trips to feed my little visual soldiers and roaming through the forum poking others, just some 10 minutes relaxing away from my work:icon_surprised:. Thats all enuf for me:lightcavalry: