Making the world a safer place...

DeletedUser

so you guys in frst are telling me once we target eviction notice whilst he was in frst then you dismiss him his stats should not be added ?

well i think not it is common practice to add the stats of players dismissed from tribes you are at war with regardless of the excuse you use the stats will be added due to him losing many villages to us whilst he was in frst

and your post cap

War status: FRST is progressively rolling over the WMD family

personally i dont see how this is happening stats dont lie

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

so i'm childish for calling you out on you gay bashing harb? or was it trying to explain to harb why i called you out for gay bashing? Just wanting know what i did that's so childish

where did all this gay bashing stuff come from?.......it was your interpretation of my remark,not my meaning.
to suggest that i would ever attempt to gay bash anyone here or i real life is an insult to me and my integrity.
you may not like what i post or how i put things but do nor for one minute suggest that i am so narrow minded to go gay bashing.

DeletedUser

where did all this gay bashing stuff come from?.......it was your interpretation of my remark,not my meaning.

If it wasn't your meaning why not make it clear what that meaning is, not use a common line used here in Kansas City Missouri for a gay bash term "a bad smell that never goes away" refers to the smell, well you can put the rest together. Instead of trying to insult me by calling me childish, why not actually just say what you meant or clarify that it's just americans twisting saying and/or words and that i interpreted it wrong.

to suggest that i would ever attempt to gay bash anyone here or i real life is an insult to me and my integrity.

Just as much as it would insult me, I don't take kindly to stuff like that. At all, hence why I was angry about it.

you may not like what i post or how i put things but do nor for one minute suggest that i am so narrow minded to go gay bashing.

I never said I did or didn't like or dislike your posts, except for that one post. But that one post has a bit of misinterpretation depending on your location. Kinda like the word fag, from what i've been told and seen, it's a Cigar or cigarette (could be wrong) in the british slang language, but it's meaning is very twisted in the American form. Understand? Though I still don't understand the meaning of the original post I flamed you on, if that's not the meaning, then what is?

Finally, the only thing i ever disliked about your post is that you just rant and don't really back up much. It's a common thing here and it's not solely directed it at you, i've done it to others too

My reply not bolded

DeletedUser

personally i dont see how this is happening stats dont lie
I second this statement.
[SPOIL]Side 1:
Tribes: FRST
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: WMD WMD3 WMD2 WMD4 WMD7
Players:

Timeframe: 05/06/2010 00:00:00 to 20/06/2010 17:36:43

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 145
Side 2: 67
Difference: 78

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,279,311
Side 2: 572,456
Difference: 706,855

chart

[/SPOIL]
:icon_neutral:

Now dont get me wrong im not taking sides on who/what/where/why people were kicked and whether they should be included so heres stats with all people included (including anyone kicked from the start date)
[SPOIL]
4e28877a0f.png
[/SPOIL]

So I suppose stats dont lie :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I think what we (FRST) are simply asking of WMD is perhaps if they could find someone in their tribe with good linguistic skills, and good English skills, so that we could have an enjoyable, logical, and rational debate.

It is incredibly hard to "debate" (or PnP) respectfully with someone who refuses to do so in return, and what can you really do when a whole tribe posts one-line insults or spam?

I personally would love to see some good PnP going, with some well thought out, well argued but respectful posts, from both FRST and WMD.

Here are perhaps a few things i think we should all use more of:

1) Respect.

You don't have to like the other person to respectfully put them in their place, and you certainly don't need to insult them to win a PnP argument, in fact you will most likely lose it if you do. Common courtesy i think we could all use a bit more for each other, after all we share the world together, we should try and make the forums work, and be pleasant to read for everyone.

For example: "You are a barb nobling noob" could become, "You seem rather inexperienced, and according to the stats (Show image) you have taken alot of barbs, which will only slow your growth in the end."

2) Information.

I'm seeing a lack of information being put on the table, and i mean solid evidence, for example screen-shots. You can do this by pressing the print-screen button on your keyboard, then opening paint and pasting there with Ctrl-v (for anyone who doesn't know). Also publicizing (or screen-shotting) reports, and just general images i find are helpful and good to look at it. When you have an image, say a screen shot (you can use the "box-selection" in paint to remove all the things such as your time, and etc.) go to an image hosting site such as photobucket or imageshack and upload it, then copy the "direct link" here, and put it in tags, like:

[IMG]http:/www.photobucket.com/picture[IMG]

and it will show as an image. Please try to keep them relatively small though, so the page won't take a long time to load for people on a slow connection, and it wont look massive and spread your posts, making it ugly to look at.

For example:

[IMG]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/820/fdsgsdf.jpg

Is [IMG ]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/820/fdsgsdf.jpg[ /IMG] in code.

3) A point.

With every post you should try and have some point to make. I think a small amount of spam/off topic is allowed given the quiet nature of our forums, however if you intend only to post for the sake of posting, then it is better to say nothing at all. Perhaps we should all keep in mind that we are contributors to this forum, we all need to add something to it, and pure spam never helped any debate. The general section is a great place for spam though, feel free to go there. :icon_wink:

4) The double, and triple check.

*Always* check your posts before you hit "reply". Check them at least three times. Why? Because:

*First, check for spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, etc.

*Second, look at your post from the eyes of someone who will be arguing against you. How would you argue against that post? What holes can you see in it? Try and find these, and fill them. Don't be afraid to re-word things, or re-do the whole post if needed.

*Third, look at your post from the eyes of a "world watcher", someone who doesn't play or post, but still reads. Is it entertaining for them? Will they appreciate reading your post? They may not post, but should they see your posts are of merit and value, they will likely remember you, for the right reasons. This can open many doors in the future, and will help you on other worlds.

5) Formatting.

This is very important if you want your post to be something worth reading, it has to look good. You could have the greatest argument known to mankind, but it won't matter if people simply skim through it or don't read it at all. Here are a few things i think are quite useful to making a presentable post:

*Emboldening. You don't need to have everything emboldened, i simply do my green/bold as it is something i started doing a long time ago, and i quite like it. But simply emboldening an important word or phrase in the post of the person you are PnP-ing with, can be quite powerful, the key is not to over-do it. You don't need to embolden the entire paragraph, only the specific statement which you are targeting. The less you embolden, the more powerful it is.

*Quoting and multi-quoting. For those of you who aren't aware of how to multi-quote, there is a symbol next to the "quote" button:

sfvgsg.jpg

Which will allow you to select multiple quotes. When you have selected them, click on "quote" of the last post you wish to quote, and it will take you to the replying section, and will have all those you selected quoted.

To multi-quote a single quote, or to "pull it apart", you quote the post you wish to do so to, it will look like:

playername said:
*post will be here*

[ QUOTE=playername ]*post will be here*[ /QUOTE ]

To multi-quote it, you simply copy "[ QUOTE=playername ]" and put it in front of each section you wish to break up, and put "[ /QUOTE ]behind them, so it will look like this:

[ QUOTE=playername ]*post will[ /QUOTE ]

insert your text here.

[ QUOTE=playername ]be here*[ /QUOTE ]

insert your text here.

Which will allow you to dissect each and every sentence if needed, however over-multi-quoting can be quite annoying to look at, so doing it for every 2-4 sentences should be enough.

Also, using smilies is both a go, and a no-go, in PnP. If you have a serious PnP, and use smilies, it can look simply sarcastic or insulting, and generally lowers the quality of your PnP. However, if you post is light-hearted, or jocular, then a few :icon_razz: here and there are ok. Over-using smilies though will lower your post's value, and will look much more like spam, which will generally remove interest in it.

The size of the text, and the font, which you can change at the top bar of the "go advanced" reply option, can also be helpful in making your post better looking, and adding some color can help too, although stay away from the fluro and hard to read colors, as people will simply ignore your post alot of the time.

Using links can also be good, although you have to assume that people aren't going to click them, and should always include everything that is needed in your post. You should always assume people are only going to read your post, and not click your links.

giving the links a fancy title though can help, to do this you write your word:

clicky

then highlight the word and click the "url" box, in the tool-bar at the top of your reply editing. It will pop up with a box, and you enter in the address, for example "http:/www.youtube.com/assadf", and click ok. you will then have a:

clicky

link, which is much more appealing. (To do so manually, enter [ URL="www.google.com"]clicky[/URL] this is also how you reword links in-game.)

So there is a few basic things i thought of to help improve the general PnP quality. I hope everyone can find something useful in it.

Edit: If you didn't realize, i had to put a space between things like [IMG ] to show them without actually having them do their tricks, you would put them without spaces normally, for things like
B]

DeletedUser

I second this statement.
[SPOIL]Side 1:
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: WMD WMD3 WMD2 WMD4 WMD7
Players:

Timeframe: 05/06/2010 00:00:00 to 20/06/2010 17:36:43

Side 1: 145
Side 2: 67
Difference: 78

chart

Side 1: 1,279,311
Side 2: 572,456
Difference: 706,855

chart

[/SPOIL]
:icon_neutral:

Now dont get me wrong im not taking sides on who/what/where/why people were kicked and whether they should be included so heres stats with all people included (including anyone kicked from the start date)
[SPOIL]
4e28877a0f.png
[/SPOIL]

So I suppose stats dont lie :icon_razz:

just a slight correction,wmd7 is not part of the family.............as i said before, stat's are stat's and cannot be argued.

and on this i retire from here as my pnp is not grade 1 and as a comment i made last night/today was somehow construed to be a comment regards gay bashing.......
anyhow, im off to defend my villages and hopefully noble a few here and there..........
adios..............
also harb your post on pnp was well done and it will help other's in the battle field that is the main forum!

DeletedUser

Harb dont make people feel to simple.... :icon_razz:

Though its a guide most people here can use.

DeletedUser

I think what we (FRST) are simply asking of WMD is perhaps if they could find someone in their tribe with good linguistic skills, and good English skills, so that we could have an enjoyable, logical, and rational debate.

It is incredibly hard to "debate" (or PnP) respectfully with someone who refuses to do so in return, and what can you really do when a whole tribe posts one-line insults or spam?

I personally would love to see some good PnP going, with some well thought out, well argued but respectful posts, from both FRST and WMD.

Here are perhaps a few things i think we should all use more of:

1) Respect.

You don't have to like the other person to respectfully put them in their place, and you certainly don't need to insult them to win a PnP argument, in fact you will most likely lose it if you do. Common courtesy i think we could all use a bit more for each other, after all we share the world together, we should try and make the forums work, and be pleasant to read for everyone.

For example: "You are a barb nobling noob" could become, "You seem rather inexperienced, and according to the stats (Show image) you have taken alot of barbs, which will only slow your growth in the end."

2) Information.

I'm seeing a lack of information being put on the table, and i mean solid evidence, for example screen-shots. You can do this by pressing the print-screen button on your keyboard, then opening paint and pasting there with Ctrl-v (for anyone who doesn't know). Also publicizing (or screen-shotting) reports, and just general images i find are helpful and good to look at it. When you have an image, say a screen shot (you can use the "box-selection" in paint to remove all the things such as your time, and etc.) go to an image hosting site such as photobucket or imageshack and upload it, then copy the "direct link" here, and put it in tags, like:

[IMG]http:/www.photobucket.com/picture[IMG]

and it will show as an image. Please try to keep them relatively small though, so the page won't take a long time to load for people on a slow connection, and it wont look massive and spread your posts, making it ugly to look at.

For example:

[IMG]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/820/fdsgsdf.jpg

Is [IMG ]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/820/fdsgsdf.jpg[ /IMG] in code.

3) A point.

With every post you should try and have some point to make. I think a small amount of spam/off topic is allowed given the quiet nature of our forums, however if you intend only to post for the sake of posting, then it is better to say nothing at all. Perhaps we should all keep in mind that we are contributors to this forum, we all need to add something to it, and pure spam never helped any debate. The general section is a great place for spam though, feel free to go there. :icon_wink:

4) The double, and triple check.

*Always* check your posts before you hit "reply". Check them at least three times. Why? Because:

*First, check for spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, etc.

*Second, look at your post from the eyes of someone who will be arguing against you. How would you argue against that post? What holes can you see in it? Try and find these, and fill them. Don't be afraid to re-word things, or re-do the whole post if needed.

*Third, look at your post from the eyes of a "world watcher", someone who doesn't play or post, but still reads. Is it entertaining for them? Will they appreciate reading your post? They may not post, but should they see your posts are of merit and value, they will likely remember you, for the right reasons. This can open many doors in the future, and will help you on other worlds.

5) Formatting.

This is very important if you want your post to be something worth reading, it has to look good. You could have the greatest argument known to mankind, but it won't matter if people simply skim through it or don't read it at all. Here are a few things i think are quite useful to making a presentable post:

*Emboldening. You don't need to have everything emboldened, i simply do my green/bold as it is something i started doing a long time ago, and i quite like it. But simply emboldening an important word or phrase in the post of the person you are PnP-ing with, can be quite powerful, the key is not to over-do it. You don't need to embolden the entire paragraph, only the specific statement which you are targeting. The less you embolden, the more powerful it is.

*Quoting and multi-quoting. For those of you who aren't aware of how to multi-quote, there is a symbol next to the "quote" button:

sfvgsg.jpg

Which will allow you to select multiple quotes. When you have selected them, click on "quote" of the last post you wish to quote, and it will take you to the replying section, and will have all those you selected quoted.

To multi-quote a single quote, or to "pull it apart", you quote the post you wish to do so to, it will look like:

[ QUOTE=playername ]*post will be here*[ /QUOTE ]

To multi-quote it, you simply copy "[ QUOTE=playername ]" and put it in front of each section you wish to break up, and put "[ /QUOTE ]behind them, so it will look like this:

[ QUOTE=playername ]*post will[ /QUOTE ]

insert your text here.

[ QUOTE=playername ]be here*[ /QUOTE ]

insert your text here.

Which will allow you to dissect each and every sentence if needed, however over-multi-quoting can be quite annoying to look at, so doing it for every 2-4 sentences should be enough.

Also, using smilies is both a go, and a no-go, in PnP. If you have a serious PnP, and use smilies, it can look simply sarcastic or insulting, and generally lowers the quality of your PnP. However, if you post is light-hearted, or jocular, then a few :icon_razz: here and there are ok. Over-using smilies though will lower your post's value, and will look much more like spam, which will generally remove interest in it.

The size of the text, and the font, which you can change at the top bar of the "go advanced" reply option, can also be helpful in making your post better looking, and adding some color can help too, although stay away from the fluro and hard to read colors, as people will simply ignore your post alot of the time.

Using links can also be good, although you have to assume that people aren't going to click them, and should always include everything that is needed in your post. You should always assume people are only going to read your post, and not click your links.

giving the links a fancy title though can help, to do this you write your word:

clicky

then highlight the word and click the "url" box, in the tool-bar at the top of your reply editing. It will pop up with a box, and you enter in the address, for example "http:/www.youtube.com/assadf", and click ok. you will then have a:

clicky

link, which is much more appealing. (To do so manually, enter [ URL="www.google.com"]clicky[/URL] this is also how you reword links in-game.)

So there is a few basic things i thought of to help improve the general PnP quality. I hope everyone can find something useful in it.

Edit: If you didn't realize, i had to put a space between things like [IMG ] to show them without actually having them do their tricks, you would put them without spaces normally, for things like [URL] etc.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]
Slightly patronising but a nice little read I suppose.

DeletedUser

Well there are people here i have seen who have been posting responses in quotes, and etc. So i assumed they didn't know how to multi-quote, and i added a few things that might come in handy. I apologize for trying to help those who don't know yet, or the readers who don't have 2-4 years experience. I won't let it happen again. :icon_rolleyes:

/leaves.

DeletedUser

Well there are people here i have seen who have been posting responses in quotes, and etc. So i assumed they didn't know how to multi-quote, and i added a few things that might come in handy. I apologize for trying to help those who don't know yet, or the readers who don't have 2-4 years experience. I won't let it happen again. :icon_rolleyes:

/leaves.
Awh cute...seems ive upset you slightly.

Just because you've gotten used to people sucking the brown stuff from your rear end around here doesnt mean you have to get so upset over me saying I found it a little patronising.

Besides, didnt I just do what you've suggested in your original post. ie.
[SPOIL]
1) Respect.

[/SPOIL]
I was respectful in my post whilst also putting my point across.

So yeah, dont get annoyed because I've done something which you seem to be asking people to do.

DeletedUser

I was actually a little upset that i spent time on something that was apparently pointless, i was more upset with myself really for being an idiot :icon_wink:

Also, it was a one liner "meh" response, which is not what i was attempting to tell people they should do.

DeletedUser

I was actually a little upset that i spent time on something that was apparently pointless, i was more upset with myself really for being an idiot :icon_wink:

Also, it was a one liner "meh" response, which is not what i was attempting to tell people they should do.
It wasnt pointless. Some good may come of it, and im sure some newer posters will learn some more of the technicalities of posting from it. However, that doesnt change the fact I found some bits a little patronising in general.

It was a one liner "meh" response because whats the point of writing a big post when the one sentence says exactly what I thought.

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: WMD WMD2 WMD3 WMD4
Players:

Timeframe: Last 24 hours

Side 1: 14
Side 2: 2
Difference: 12

chart

Side 1: 123,220
Side 2: 19,795
Difference: 103,425

chart

DeletedUser

Thanks for that.

I presume we will be seeing more of that daily now for the rest of the week. :p

DeletedUser82212

Harb, nice read but to tell the truth I have seen more of it come from FRST then anyone else. Yes some members of WMD and myself included have made pointless post but FRST seem to be mean in theirs. :icon_evil:

Which makes me feel :icon_cry:

andI want to feel :icon_biggrin:

So thanks for telling everyone to be nice.

Please includ eviction notice as we are gaining villages and they used to be FRST so I would expect that you should count them in the stats. After all we are gaining villages that used to be FRST.

hanibalii

Please includ eviction notice as we are gaining villages and they used to be FRST so I would expect that you should count them in the stats. After all we are gaining villages that used to be FRST.

There is no-one in that account. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Nobles take time to travel from k64/65 :p

Are you telling me your nobles take a few weeks to get there? :icon_eek:

More serious, the declaration is now a few weeks back and after about 2 weeks FRST ennoblements went down to 2/3 a day (maybe a few more but <5)

By now FRST seems to be getting >10 ennoblements a day, so I say they are back on the tracks.