Mimelim's Guide: Defense

DeletedUser

Mimelim is a older player, and this guide is also fairly old. It is written for worlds that don't have archers.

DeletedUser

In my experience of TW, Archers are one of the most valuable defensive units.

My defensive villages will eventually consist of 3000 spears, 8000 Swords and 8000 archers + 500 scouts.

You could build more spears and less archers spears have highest CD of all.

The most useful defense i saw on archer worlds is

5000+ Spears
5000+ Archers
1800+ HC
10 Swords
25 Cats

Adjust how you like it more archers/spears or more HC i going with more HC

Strong as your but much faster to build and in later stages of games when you sending defense from far away you want they arrive fast and swords just slow it.

Swords are there to get sniping speed
Cats are for faking,great defense strength and for catting backline and to get sniping speed if needed

Or for non-archer

8000+ Spears
10 Swords
2000+ HC
25 Cats

Some people like 10K swords/spears sure is strong but time factor is huge you need around 35 days more or less depends how fast or slow world is.
also those are slow to support cause of swords.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lost serenity

Best defense? I havent played archer worlds in a while, but dont they mainly defend against cavalry? Wouldn't you need a balance of archers+sp/sw+hc?

DeletedUser

Best defense? I havent played archer worlds in a while, but dont they mainly defend against cavalry? Wouldn't you need a balance of archers+sp/sw+hc?

Archers have the same GD as a sword and 8/9 the CD of a spear.

Their weakness is against MA. Swords and HC have the best archer defense. Unlike when just dealing with GD and CD, there is no way to perfectly balance GD, CD, and AD. I suggest having archers be about a third of the total defense population, but never more than that.