n00b beginnings!

DeletedUser

Heh heh heh.

Alright. I know how all us l33t, vet, older, experienced, whatever other ridiculous term you like, etc, players like to rip into n00bs from time to time... but how many of us are willing to reveal our own unfortunate beginnings?

So far... I know ally and myself are! Y'know. Before we got a thread locked with such shenanigans.

But I've been thinking about it since, and thought it might be rather amusing/interesting to see how badly everyone played at first. If they're brave enough to admit it. :icon_twisted:

Myself: As stated in whatever thread it was, the first village I ever nobled was 26 points (yeh... just remember that next time y'want to accuse me of point whoring!) And my 'main' village was at about the bare minimum needed for an academy. I was under the curious delusion that the faster I got a second village, the less chance there would be of being rimmed. Heh.

I believe there are still threads out there dedicated to mocking me for such a choice. And rightly so. :lol:

-throws down gauntlet-

Reveal thine inner n00b!

Last edited by a moderator:

ToTheGallows

The first time I ever nobled a village, I sent 1000 spears with a noble at a 1k point barb 30 fields away, despite the long trip I managed to snipe the village from some unsuspecting player, and lo and behold, I had conquered my first village. At the time, I was also thinking along the lines of not farming Abandoned villages, as they don't produce resources.

DeletedUser

The first mail I ever sent was after receiving an invite to some tribe. It read something like this

"hey thanks for the invite

I was hoping you could tell me what a tribe is exactly, and what would be the point in me joining one"

Clur

When I joined TW I joined with a bunch of friends, the idea was to treat first world we joined as a learning experience and then start another world together and take it more seriously. One of them found a wonderful guide which they all decided to follow. It was brilliant. The idea was that you had to get your res to level 30 as fast as possible. It wasn't about troop count, it was about res. If you could get your res to level 30 first you could support your village. Needless to say, most of them didn't last too long...

Fortunately, I survived the tribe and didn't follow the guide and went on to a bigger and better tribe and other things.

So the next world opened, and I decided to play with them again thinking that they had learned lessons and that they had enough brains to play in a new world and it would all be so much better.

Out came that guide again. Then came the bright idea for the academy tribe.

I left.

Lesson learnt. Don't play TW with real friends.

DeletedUser

Hahah. Priceless.

Y'know... those 3 posts together make about the most cohesive, and godawful guide ever.

(Adam) There's no point in joining a tribe, because obviously (TTG) you can't farm abandoneds, so you need to be able to target as many other active players as possible, and a tribe would just hold you back. Alternately, you can (Clur) upgrade all your res's to 30 asap, and solve the whole problem. :icon_biggrin:

robi zmaj

When I started I made thread on recruitment page and told everyone to join... was flaimed badly lolz...

I was also getting nobled but the guy had me at 15 loyalty the stop and quit the game and gave me his village... ofcourse I brag I cleared him and noble him to everyone so I was kind a elite noob :p

DeletedUser59064

Let me see... i started year ago, in W21, entered in first tribe that was offering invitation... and they give me diplomatic job... :icon_eek:

And as n00b, i thought that more alliances more better position, and almost hole my K-14 was light blue... :lol:

Btw.. the more recent mistake(three months ago) was in W8... i send support to one village with 8k sp and 12k sw... but i never thought that CLOROX is attacking with min. 4-5 nukes per village... :lol:

And that is all... i think... more mistakes stopped my friends from w21... :icon_rolleyes:

Friskiestspoon

On the first world I played, when I had 3k points, I got farmed by a 1.5k point guy with 600 axes.

DeletedUser

My first world is W34. I was always in the forums reading for information. I had no idea what I'm doing so I just followed my instincts. So far I'm doing really great for a person that've only played for 8 days in my area thanks to ?THe MaD HaTTeR guidance ^_^ I so love her *in a mentor/student way*

DeletedUser

meh, I joined, I was keen on reading guides from the start so I didnt really have mixed vills soo my first vill was a full 10K / 10K split.. but I didnt understand the importance of nukes back then soo I used to attack with my spear and sword nukes :p

I played a 10:1 defense to offence and well... buildt 12.355 vills back then :p

DeletedUser

I thought there was a way of taking villages just by attacking them :icon_redface:

The amount of troops I sent at barbs waiting for the news that I had took another village!

DeletedUser

I had pretty good teachers from the very start, and I was in a K-based tribe, so there was no threat for me, so I used that to try to learn to play the game. Read tons of guides, whatever I found to be honest... :)
Eventually got into top 80 there, although, by looking at those times from this position, I can see tons of various mistakes.
Went on to W24, had a pretty good and recognizable account there, lots of wars, so it was great fun... I`ve heard it got a lot funnier lately tho. :)
Got to know some really great guys/girls and also great players in meanwhile, went on to W33 and Rumble, and here... I find both worlds really great and plan on staying.
And I wanted to leave TW after leaving W24 for some work/school obligations... Nah, too addicted. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Raoul: ... hahahah. Way to totally not get into the spirit of the thread, man. :icon_rolleyes:

This wasn't a 'my fortunate and well played beginning' thread. Tch. :icon_razz:

Necron: Hahahah. Aw. I can so see that.

DeletedUser59064

I had pretty good teachers from the very start, and I was in a K-based tribe, so there was no threat for me, so I used that to try to learn to play the game. Read tons of guides, whatever I found to be honest... :)
Eventually got into top 80 there, although, by looking at those times from this position, I can see tons of various mistakes.
Went on to W24, had a pretty good and recognizable account there, lots of wars, so it was great fun... I`ve heard it got a lot funnier lately tho. :)
Went on to W33 and Rumble and here... I find both worlds really great and plan on staying.
And I wanted to leave TW after leaving W24 for some work/school obligations... Nah, too addicted. :p

Are we talking for same teacher(s) Raul ??? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Sorry, didn`t have such experience yet... :(
I could tell about the time when I started playing OGame... Got raped after two weeks, had no clue about what to do... Wasn`t very interested either, it sucks. There, better? :)

Kica: Yeah, mostly... :)

DeletedUser

Started on W23 with about 15 friends from RL after one guy who plays W15 told us about it..
We didn't know about joining at the same time to be located near each other etc so we ended up with a tribe of 15 people spread far and wide across the map lol
I got to 3 villages (through nobling barbs i might add) and then got rimmed by rockhardcrap5 from tribe PLG (i don't forget names easily :lol:)

I learned my lesson about point whoring the hard way, never again

DeletedUser

meh, I joined, I was keen on reading guides from the start so I didnt really have mixed vills soo my first vill was a full 10K / 10K split.. but I didnt understand the importance of nukes back then soo I used to attack with my spear and sword nukes :p

I played a 10:1 defense to offence

Haha, this is so familiar :)

I started on world 8 on the rim, full out defense because I was scared of attacking players. Not untill I had like 10 full defensive armies I started scouting some of the more active people around me. With a village with 10,000 scouts ofcourse because I was afraid I might lose a couple!

I was SO disappointed when I got the reports :icon_biggrin: I slapped myself for not going more offensive. Lesson learned!