n00b beginnings!

DeletedUser

It ends interestingly. I'll tell the tale another time, trying to crank out a few English projects before tomorrow. So I iz' a bit busy... :icon_cry:

Lol. Null worries. I'll be waiting in anticipation.

Muldie: I think that's about 3k more troops than I had when I first nobled. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Oh. And just so Alice? members can feel really confident in my leadership skillz...

In the first tribe I ever "lead" (for lack of a better term), there was a moderately experienced player, who suggested to me that every member send him res's, so he could get a noble/second village quickly.

When I queried the reasoning for this, he said it'd show other tribes around us that we were serious, and a mighty, mighty force (paraphrased), because we had someone with more than one village.

I was actually swayed by that argument. :icon_redface:

Until a friend from W1 told me I was a tool, and made me kick the guy. :lol:

DeletedUser

My story is quite short. Also, I'm new so this game, so I suppose I'm still in my n00b beginning...

W31 was my first world believe it or not. The first thing I done was....make my own tribe. Yep, sat here every night wondering why no one would join me. Anyway, I point whored through, but my tribe taught me alot, and I started getting a decent troops count and played it well. I then got baron, and we kicked ass. I then left the world, for bigger and better things.

I went to W32 when it first opened. Joined the premade RAMS! where I learnt from the nub. We were a kick ass tribe, that was until W33 opened. Yep, luckily they didnt fall apart until I left. And yes, I join W33 without the experience of even getting a proper noble.

W33, got into Evolve. Still a total n00b. Without experience, I managed to get into the top 20 for quite a while - staying top 3 in the tribe. I learnt from the best. Nauz, Last App, and of course the lovely AI. Had the best times there. That was until I decided to make my own tribe on the newly opened - W34. So, still a n00b, only ever nobled a barb, I made my own tribe here. And I must say, I got positive ratings from top players such as Ally, and the likes. NG.NG. it was called.

Moved to Xtip8 - still a n00b.

Funny things along the way-
- Nobled 1 village (until this world) which was a barb
- Made a tribe in W31 before I even knew how to play
- Got cleared in W31 by a 250pt player when I had 600+ pts. Later got him back :p

Yeh the good times :D

DeletedUser

When I started, I played w8 with some friends. They top me too troopwhore.
I think by 3k+ points I had a village full of defencive troops.
Everyone around me already was at the 5-15 village stage so I was stuck doing nothing.
I later sent a noble to a village a k away and then quit before it landed :p

DeletedUser

My nub world is w15. I started in the rim, joined a k-based tribe. Im so active in our forum (i dont read the external back than) the reason our duke make me head diplomat but i dont know what to do. I contacted every tribe with high points (yeshhzz.. im a pointwhore :icon_rolleyes:) in our area than add 'em to our allies list. I nobled barbs, its easy. But when my map is pure dark/light blue, i dont have any vills to conquer, so i attack our allies, especially the low points (i based the weakness of a player in points back than) and lead to kicking me in my own tribe and rimming me.:lol:

Lesson Learned: Tribal Hugz is so much fun. x(

DeletedUser

funny

Ha ha this is great, some of you pros are ashamed of your nooby past and never turn back to it, then tease the s**t outta the noobs later on, I'm still a noob though, my first week I went to the forums and posted a recruitment notice in the General section then some guy said "who ever said this world was full of noobs wasn't kidding, talk about posting stuff in the wrong place like this dude" for some reason I was embarrased, then I started a talk a confusing talk with rancido, and after I found out how to start a tribe I assumed everyone was active like at least once a week and invited EVERYONE to my tribe, even the ones that stayed at 75 points for like 1 week.
Also rancido said something about sitting, and I was like "what the hells that?"
I know this thread is only for you more experienced guys in the game but I couldn't resist, thanx Mad Hatter for startin it.

DeletedUser

LoL

In the very first world I played, Gr Worlds :p , I made a off Nuke in about 4000-4500 points and I started nobling barbs..Got rimmed a couple weekz later :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Hey Reaperised, you still don't have an avatar yet, are you that new or jus couldn't be bothered?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ha ha this is great, some of you pros are ashamed of your nooby past and never turn back to it, then tease the s**t outta the noobs later on,

Consider it a rite of passage. :icon_twisted:

M'sure if I could be bothered looking, I'd still be able to find at least one or two threads that mocked the hell outta me when I started. Good times. Good times.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not particularly ashamed by how I began. I sucked at TW when I started, got better, and am more'n willing to admit I could improve further. S'called progression. >)

McSean: Hahah. Man. The barbs really suffered from people in this thread. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Ha ha this is great, some of you pros are ashamed of your nooby past and never turn back to it, then tease the s**t outta the noobs later on.

Noone is pro by the way, since no one is making a living out of TW...
You just have better or worse players I believe, in whatever way (brains, various skills and/or, of course, daily sleep needs). :)

But, as I consider myself a decent player now, I can say that I never, ever teased anyone for not doing something right, and even tried to help complete strangers that were/are mailing me. Competition can just make the game better I guess... :)

DeletedUser

Hmm.. My first and probably the noobiest TW moment ever..

Me and my friend joined W2, late November in 2005. Grew quite alot in points, but absolutely no troops at all.. I believe I had like 1.3k points and 10 spears..

Anyways, soon my friend got attacked, and I thought.. "Hmm.. Nah, he can manage, he got some troops himself! I need my 10 spears for nobling my first village ffs!" But after some time he kinda forced me to send my 10 spears :)icon_cry:)

So I did.. But the story dont end there, cuz when I found out that I lost 2-3 spears in support, I withdrew my remaining spears, causing my friend to get.. Ehem.. kinda angry at me.. :lol: "Ahh.. Dont let me down! I'm going to get nobled now you idiot!! ARGH!"

Yeah well, funny now when we think about it :icon_razz:

The second one have to be when I had like 100 villages, and still used villages with pure Rams.. I thought I would make one he** of a Ram-Nuke! Lawl.. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Hey Reaperised, you still don't have an avatar yet, are you that new or jus couldn't be bothered?

I really am new :lol: .....and can't be bothered.

I was very lucky to have gotten into the tribes and did. I have learnt much about this game in a short space of time. I would consider myself good - good for a newb.

But it's all about how far you want to go with it. I started enthusiastic - asking experienced players question upon question. I know a decent start-up guide now, and know how to do small but important things like half second trains etc.

As a newb, you have to be willing to ask where your going wrong - how you can improve. I currently owe all my current knowledge to mainly Nauz/sir robin/veld (and all the other aliases he has). But not just him. Learn from your tribe. And dont just learn from success - learn from failure. I must admit, I wasn't the greatest player when I joined (nor will I ever be...), but att he same time I wasn't the worst.

Guides are a great resource of learning - you just have to be careful to find good ones unlike what someone mentioned his friends using earlier in this thread.

DeletedUser

Consider it a rite of passage. :icon_twisted:

M'sure if I could be bothered looking, I'd still be able to find at least one or two threads that mocked the hell outta me when I started. Good times. Good times.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not particularly ashamed by how I began. I sucked at TW when I started, got better, and am more'n willing to admit I could improve further. S'called progression. >)

McSean: Hahah. Man. The barbs really suffered from people in this thread. :icon_confused:

Teh funny thing is that I recruited only axes, like 10k's O.O not even a single scout or a ram.. I thought the wall was giving an "overpowering aura" to my pro axe.

Thanks god I had pally and raised ODD or else.. It would be like 500 or something :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I really am new :lol: .....and can't be bothered.

I was very lucky to have gotten into the tribes and did. I have learnt much about this game in a short space of time. I would consider myself good - good for a newb.

But it's all about how far you want to go with it. I started enthusiastic - asking experienced players question upon question. I know a decent start-up guide now, and know how to do small but important things like half second trains etc.

As a newb, you have to be willing to ask where your going wrong - how you can improve. I currently owe all my current knowledge to mainly Nauz/sir robin/veld (and all the other aliases he has). But not just him. Learn from your tribe. And dont just learn from success - learn from failure. I must admit, I wasn't the greatest player when I joined (nor will I ever be...), but att he same time I wasn't the worst.

Guides are a great resource of learning - you just have to be careful to find good ones unlike what someone mentioned his friends using earlier in this thread.

Reminds me of myself, only difference is that I started here in W34 ^_^ I just want to make a shoutout to my ever helpful mentor ?THM: thanks for the advises; I'll try to restrain myself from letting my bloodlust get the better off of me now.

As for my noob moments, well I don't have that much yet since I'm getting a lot of helpful advise from ?THM since day 1 that I played here. The only thing I can think of is thinking that if a village have a wall on the map, then that must mean they have walls and vice versa if they dont have walls.

I could've alot of noob moments, but ?THM warned me about em before I made those mistakes.

DeletedUser

Reminds me of myself, only difference is that I started here in W34 ^_^ I just want to make a shoutout to my ever helpful mentor ?THM: thanks for the advises; I'll try to restrain myself from letting my bloodlust get the better off of me now.

As for my noob moments, well I don't have that much yet since I'm getting a lot of helpful advise from ?THM since day 1 that I played here. The only thing I can think of is thinking that if a village have a wall on the map, then that must mean they have walls and vice versa if they dont have walls.

I could've alot of noob moments, but ?THM warned me about em before I made those mistakes.

I can spot a n00b mistake :icon_razz:

And I wouldn't trust ?TMH if I were you :lol:

J/K

DeletedUser

And I wouldn't trust ?TMH if I were you :lol:

J/K

How is that cool?!

Bastrich. :icon_rolleyes:

CJ88P: Hahah @ walls. I hope you've realised that's... not actually the case, now. When people get 300 pts, they get a tiny circle around their village. 1000 points = bigger circle. 3000 points = hexagon. And I can't remember how many points it is when the hexagon turns blue or whatever.

DeletedUser

How is that cool?!

Bastrich. :icon_rolleyes:

CJ88P: Hahah @ walls. I hope you've realised that's... not actually the case, now. When people get 300 pts, they get a tiny circle around their village. 1000 points = bigger circle. 3000 points = hexagon. And I can't remember how many points it is when the hexagon turns blue or whatever.

You get high wall then the water.

:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

High walls are at 9000, water with walls is like 11000, I think.

Anyways, onto my nooby story:
I started off in W26, and within a day of joining, I had made a tribe with my friend who started on the opposite side of the map. I also thought the thing with the walls and built mine up to 18 before realising that it was points that changed the icon. My strategy then changed to pointwhoring to make my village look cooler on the map.

I know, stupid. Lol. Anyways, I eventually joined a tribal-hugging family tribe whose ego was even more massive than its points (surprising, I know) and we were all eventually completely rimmed. After that, I deleted my account, took off about a month, then made this account. I played w33 for a bit, but I got bored so I play w34 now.

I still consider myself to be a bit of a noob, but only because I just learnt some of the better tactics (backtrailing, sniping, .5 second trains) quite recently.

DeletedUser

My start wasnt bad I started on w6 (no real life friends to guide me) so I asked the tribe on the persons directly next to me if I could join, they said yes so I joined all was going well and I had nobleda couple of villages... Then I noticed me and the other guy were the only ones from our tribe in our K... Getting rimmed just after my noble train hit out tribe area was fun. I probs had many noob moments in w6 but I don't remember them :icon_confused::icon_confused:

Anyhow me n the tribe from w6 joined w9 and I thought I would try my hand out at leadership, basically tribe hopped in a war then kissed ass till I got baron then got duke :icon_redface: Anyhow, if you played in w9 and were close to my tribe this should be funny... I got duke of PWN35(we were rank 3)...

I think that's pretty nooby don't ya'll?

DeletedUser

Noob Beginning: W2

I pointwhored, got far to 220 something-ish light cavalry in 3k village. I nobled the nearest barb(200 points). Sent all of my offensive troops(I had enough sense not to send def.) at some guy who nobled my game buddy. All of them died :icon_cry:.

Got nobled later on....

Still didn't learn my lesson at the rim :icon_neutral:.