New Rules Discussion

harlos

funnily enough we were told not to use the support system for this and to post on the forums instead, and then it was locked twice and moved to off-topic section where less people would see it. And also it seems trying to argue this setting in the tribalwars chat results in a ban as well.

But I would guess the totally right way would be for all of us to send official complaints to the actual InnoGames staff...as part of the Tribal Wars team here could you tell us where we can do this?

InnoGames Contact Site

DeletedUser

thanks, I have sent in my complaint, i doubt they will care about anything outside the German servers, cos the team here sure as hell dont give a crap

DeletedUser

Ok...then try 27.

By the way, are you going to stop playing the game because of this? If the answer is no...then what's your point of dissenting against this?

it is a free speach world ... i hope you dont support nazism or communism. :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

RamPag3 get Izzy in here hmm?
So that she can see and here our complaints.
We are the ones that buy the premium (not me personally but you get the idea). Heck a newb (no offense man) even said that he likes that he can be attacked and lose a village! Because HE CAN LEARN! By implementing this rule you are depriving the new players of their learning experience.

This will only create more noobs. Now, who wants that? hmm?

DeletedUser

More noobs = more fun :)

Don't deny that. I just got the most colorful message from one actually :)

DeletedUser

More noobs = more fun :)

Don't deny that. I just got the most colorful message from one actually :)

I really wonder how you became an ingame staffer. Makes me wonder as to the standards of the TW Staff.

DeletedUser

Where's the relevance in that?

I am saying you are not acting like a staffer!
In my opinion a TW Staffer should do what the players think is best. The PAYING customers.

Also, why would a tw staffer want noobs? Do noobs build premium? I doubt it. Heck they probably don't even know what premium is.

DeletedUser

Well, now you and I have two definitions of noobs. Mind you, the forum folk are only a percentage of the premium players. There are many premium players. Many don't show their faces on the forums. Even noobs (newer unexperienced players) buy premium.

Plus, without noobs, how do you get your first village ;-)

It's like saying the world should be rich and we should do away with all of the middle class and poor. Let me tell you, that wouldn't be ethical, nor logical.

DeletedUser

Well, now you and I have two definitions of noobs. Mind you, the forum folk are only a percentage of the premium players. There are many premium players. Many don't show their faces on the forums. Even noobs (newer unexperienced players) buy premium.

It's like saying the world should be rich and we should do away with all of the middle class and poor. Let me tell you, that wouldn't be ethical, nor logical.

A. Most players consider noobs to be players that refuse to learn.
B. Most players consider newbs to be players that are new and willing to learn
C. You can get your first village by actually working for it. Now, thats an idea...

harlos

So, you don't want to do away with the noobs, fair enough. None of us do.

But you want to do away with people of differing opinions. I'll just use your example.

Like saying as a conservative, "get rid of all the liberals" or visa versa.

Rich -> middle class/poor
Noobs -> "Veterans"
Against this setting -> For this setting

Do me a favor, save me time, every time you want to type something, reverse it against something else you've already said and just delete both posts. We could all use the favor.

---

Now to TRY and be on topic, in reference to noobs again, how are they suppose to learn with this setting? IT DOESNT HELP. It's a disguise.

Like, a dollar bill wearing a trench coat. The setting is the trench coating, hiding the fact that $ is the object.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2816

in reference to noobs again, how are they suppose to learn with this setting? IT DOESNT HELP.

I miss typhi in this thread. But yeah, this is exactly right. What does this setting teach them? Beginner protection and Morale give them plenty of time to learn, the forum teaches them enough to be able to excel at the game beyond BP. This setting just shelters them from the world for a while. Plus, the positive aspects are well outweighed by the fact that if people drop below the 20:1 ratio, we can't rim them, and it gives them a ton of time to get support.

DeletedUser

I miss typhi in this thread. But yeah, this is exactly right. What does this setting teach them? Beginner protection and Morale give them plenty of time to learn, the forum teaches them enough to be able to excel at the game beyond BP. This setting just shelters them from the world for a while. Plus, the positive aspects are well outweighed by the fact that if people drop below the 20:1 ratio, we can't rim them, and it gives them a ton of time to get support.

If i may, i am going to add on to this.

Thus you baiscly are stripping w32 of wars, attacks, and the way this game is played. You (TW team) has made this world a tribalhugger world. I for one, now am not able to attack many of my enemies due to this rule.

We all should just drop out weapons and hug each other, since that is what the TW team wants us to do aparantly. (Typo again :3)

DeletedUser61519

i hate it on german servers and now you bring it to tribalwars... you start to rape a cool game with some bs rules...

the 20:1 ratio is so useful on tw server like a night protection from 0 st till 8 st... not all new rules are good...

plz let the player on w32 vote if they want it...

if there are coming more rules the game will turn boring...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or...perhaps it is like saying, "Let them work for it just like all of the rest of us had to do". This isn't, as EQG brought up, a "welfare system". It's a game. A war game at that, which already has handicaps in place for smaller members.

When it comes right down to it, it's one of the meanest, most conniving games I've come across to date. Is hard to get by with skill and game play alone...is also a game about manipulation, determination and hard luck, and everyone here long term has had to adjust to that or they fail. The players who continue to play here "appreciate" that style...and they continue to pay for a premium account monthly because they learn to recognize the benefit of having it. The players who do NOT appreciate that style are gonna leave anyway...60 days is not going to change their minds if they do not appreciate the game, as it is.

What TW is trying to do here, is change the game. Obviously, that does not sit well with those who have appreciated it just as it has always been, a "WAR" game as opposed to a "welfare system". Those players who have paid for this game for a LONG time (over 2 years now myself) already deal with enough of the handicaps for new members or even just those starting into a world. Most of us don't bother with even 50% morale (and all of that is bad enough).

Harlos is also right, along with many of the others who have had their say here..."sheltering" noobie members teaches them only to be just that. If you want them to learn the game and continue to pay your premium? Then they must learn FIRST to get the hang of it, and that almost never goes well the first time around.

Getting your ass slammed time and time again is what works. Almost every "veteran" player here went through it, and they continue to pay to play this game.

*What nags me the most is that there has been a "very reasonable" solution given here time and time again, which continues to be ignored. Set up a world for new players to go if they so choose.

Besides, if you really didn't want a war game, then why do you call it that? I've never seen or heard of a "fair" war, and any I saw made to be I would regard as ignorant. -- "Wait, we killed 3 of their guys...is time to sit back and let them kill 3 of ours! We have to be FAIR."

DeletedUser

As, a member of the rim. I like it. But, if I was in the core I would be pissed. I mean I would wanna fight a 100k point player good morale. I dont get why they just dont delete the rule and maybe make morale a lil worse for a lil while. But, oh well. I mean im not paying as of now but I will be once I reach around 50k-100k. Im only 500 points now. I suspect to be that in about lets say 1 month and 1/2 I will try try to pull it off. Alot of noobs on the rim :)

I see alot of yalls points. It a war game. Because cmon there are really no rules in war in RL.

DeletedUser

Agree to disagree. Just remember that you guys are not the entire voice of the TW community. That's all...

harlos

Agree to disagree. Just remember that you guys are not the entire voice of the TW community. That's all...

The only "voice" the community has, are the people actually saying something.

I seriously doubt any intelligent person would say that the people that never say anything are also the voice of the TW community, as a statement like that would cause brain aneurysms for intelligent folk.