new war?

DeletedUser76455

you are right tribes are a team. Adellion was a cancer and kept disrupting the harmony of the team for his own quest for power. People got tired of it and left. in short he was our T.O.
If he was so great where is the rest of the tribe? If he is a leader then why does he not have followers?

DeletedUser

you are right tribes are a team. Adellion was a cancer and kept disrupting the harmony of the team for his own quest for power. People got tired of it and left. in short he was our T.O.
If he was so great where is the rest of the tribe? If he is a leader then why does he not have followers?

Do not misunderstand me, I was in no way praising Adel, nor do I consider him "so great," as it were. I merely indicated that he is intelligent. Further, what I intended to indicate is that I find it hard to believe that he is the sole or even leading cause for the downfall of -O-, nor do I believe his impact on the tribe, regardless how destructive, is any kind of justification for the tribe's remaining members to seek shelter in other tribes. It does not in any way negate a refugee status, as far as I'm concerned.

DeletedUser

Personally, I think Adellion would be a powerful asset for Green. While I often tease the fellow, I think he is intelligent and still very much alive in this world.

Nevertheless, it is my own opinion that Adellion did not cause the downfall of -O-. [DN] did. From what I could see, -O- were a good tribe, one I was rather fond of for some time, and I find it hard to believe that one supposed bad apple would be enough to spoil that bunch.

Tribes function as teams. If a tribe wins, it wins as a team. If it falls, it falls as a team. I honor THE for functioning as a such, and they are in the number one spot for it. Likewise, I see [DN] function as a team. So when I see -O- fall, it is hard for me to believe it is all because of one man. At this point, it simply seems like refugees and quitters alike are just looking for a scapegoat, where in fact, at the end of the day, [DN] really are just that good.

But meh, thats from my outside perspective. I could be wrong about all three tribes.

Who knows...? :icon_wink:

If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise, your spamming.

I agree with Atraeus, calarasi, please spill. Yes, I do e-stalk him/her/it (RavenJ).

I maintain that -O- died of inactivity.

Codegeass, how pathetic are you, seriously? I wake up one day to see all those blue dots around me that were your villages, suddenly turn to red. And what's more, it was none other than Petruski who committed this act! (FYI: Petruski is an ex-O- baron).
Surely, Mr. Adellion-sucks-at-everything... assuming I do suck, and brought -O- down, at least I can keep hold of a few sparse villas, can't I? I imagine Petruski didn't burn too much offence on you, knowing how talented he is.

Now, with regards to my so called "followers". I specifically requested my remaining -O- members to leave. Why? This tribe was going to fail, regardless of how devoted the tribemembers were. These tribemembers, I am certain, would have fought as -O- to the last village, such was their devotion to Oubliette. Not me. OUBLIETTE. They are players of honour, they do not cower at first blood such as yourself. They would have accepted my lead and continued fighting if I permitted it. I did not; I wanted to keep them safe, so I told them to leave for better tribes. They left at *my* request. I asked them to leave. Many did not want to. But their safety is my primary concern. That is my role as duke. To protect my tribemembers at all costs.

[DN] outclassed -O-. Our finest died of inactivity, since they got bored, and then what good players remained stuck with -O- till the bitter end. However, I will say that a few players that were in -O- may exceed the average skill of [DN] members (not that [DN] are poor in any way, so don't get jumpy, you lot).

Codegeass, come up to the level of the other -O- members, either those that left after fighting to the last breath (Lauradoom, RavenJ, scorca, Dan1000best, Petruski, many more, i cba to name <3). Your opinion of me is irrelevent; I took you for a fool as soon as you left -O-. Please do not reinforce my opinion further.

Atraeus - a question for you. [DN] and DECIDE are allies, it is well known. What is your (DECIDE's) stance on this skirmish/war/hugfest/whatever?

DeletedUser

Atraeus - a question for you. [DN] and DECIDE are allies, it is well known. What is your (DECIDE's) stance on this skirmish/war/hugfest/whatever?

Forgive my moment of daftness, but I'm not sure what you are asking.

DeletedUser

Forgive my moment of daftness, but I'm not sure what you are asking.

[DN] vs GREEN. You are DN's allies. What's your "take"? Will you assist [DN] (you know what I mean)? Just thought I'd be bold and stir this back to on-topicness after my rant. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

[DN] vs GREEN. You are DN's allies. What's your "take"? Will you assist [DN] (you know what I mean)? Just thought I'd be bold and stir this back to on-topicness after my rant. :icon_rolleyes:

You perhaps misunderstand this thread... [DN] is not fighting GREEN, [DN] is still fighting -O-.

DeletedUser

Well, considering that I am no longer a member of Decide's leadership (I stepped down some time ago due to various, mostly RL, reasons), I can't say that I'd be the guy to go to with that question.

Sorry.

But if I had to guess:

You perhaps misunderstand this thread... [DN] is not fighting GREEN, [DN] is still fighting -O-.

That would cover the situation as Decide sees it.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomas torquemada

What Face is merely trying to point out is that sending players to other tribes for their safety is pretty much irrelevant to us, we continue the fight against these players.

Thus, there are only clearing up actions taking place at this time.

TT

DeletedUser

-O- lives? Srsly? Where are the recent stats then? :icon_confused:

Wow, lol! Now you have joined the "to refugee, or not to refugee," debate!

Meh, you all know what I think. I suppose I've said it enough times already. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

What Face is merely trying to point out is that sending players to other tribes for their safety is pretty much irrelevant to us, we continue the fight against these players.

Thus, there are only clearing up actions taking place at this time.

TT

That is meaningless if you haven't got the ability to catch these players. Catch them. :icon_cool:

tomas torquemada

Havent the ability to catch these players. :lol:

[DN] easily have the ability to methodically catch and capture these players using skill and tactics, and will do so utilising their troops and resources efficiently and effectively.

Before you make rash idiotic statements i strongly suggest you investigate abilities and performance.

TT

DeletedUser

Havent the ability to catch these players. :lol:

[DN] easily have the ability to methodically catch and capture these players using skill and tactics, and will do so utilising their troops and resources efficiently and effectively.

Before you make rash idiotic statements i strongly suggest you investigate abilities and performance.

TT

I suggest you investigate yours, TT, before YOU make rash and idiotic statements.

tomas torquemada

Adel, tell you what you go to TWStats and put in us...... then add the tribe all those players fled to.... and see if we have managed to capture any villages.

if we haven't managed to take any villages then come back and complain.

and as for skill, i think i can easily say that when it comes down to it we can protect our own, and the stats again more than prove that.

TT

DeletedUser

Adel, tell you what you go to TWStats and put in us...... then add the tribe all those players fled to.... and see if we have managed to capture any villages.

if we haven't managed to take any villages then come back and complain.

and as for skill, i think i can easily say that when it comes down to it we can protect our own, and the stats again more than prove that.

TT

Why go that far? Just select me. I'm -O-, I haven't ran yet. I stand firm, still. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I find it hard to believe that he is the sole or even leading cause for the downfall of -O-, nor do I believe his impact on the tribe, regardless how destructive, is any kind of justification for the tribe's remaining members to seek shelter in other tribes.

Mmm... I can tell you've never had to be inside a tribe with Adellion.

I have a lot of respect for Adellion. He's intelligent, he is active, and he can be a top-notch player when he chooses to be. He also has an EGO which defies the laws of time and space. This makes him a very entertaining individual to PM & Skype with. When all is going well, and Adellion is working his Diplomatic Magic* it is fun to follow him headlong into the breach.

However, there's also a Dark side. When things are not going well, he does not step back and reassess the situation. He spews vindictive malice in forum posts, uses abusive language in tribe circulars, berates individuals for personal failures, and engages in immature behaviours which he excuses as perfectly acceptable due to his age. His ego is paramount, and any threats to his view of himself as the perfect leader are squashed, and their proponents mocked and belittled.

That is poisonous to a tribe's sense of unity, and to an individual's ability to enjoy the game.

Adellion did an awful lot for -O-. He filled in when others dropped the ball, and when inactivity in the leadership forced responsibility for the tribe onto his shoulders. But once he had that power, the tribe became a very different place. That was when I (and others) decided to leave. His abuse towards his own tribe resulted in a serious drop in morale, inactivity problems snowballed, and led to Oubliette's demise. Perhaps Adellion's greatest achievement was recognizing this, and giving his remaining mates the chance to continue in other tribes, instead of demanding they follow him (and his ego) to the death.

Having said all that, I feel the need to scratch this itch:

Calarasi, what are you talking about between me and Adellion? Please, do spill.

- Raven

* it regularly astounds me what he can pull off, and who he all has connections with. The fact that he can maintain these diplomatic relationships despite his propensity for childish name-calling really says a lot for his skills. I think that if he keeps playing this game (and assuming he can get past his own massive ego) he could be a true power someday. Though should that day ever happen, I am not sure if I would want to be on his side, or just run and hide.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why go that far? Just select me. I'm -O-, I haven't ran yet. I stand firm, still. :icon_neutral:

In case you haven't noticed, Adel, no one cares about you. That's probably why you still have all of your vils.

DeletedUser

In case you haven't noticed, Adel, no one cares about you. That's probably why you still have all of your vils.

Just a while ago, a DN member said they are still at war with -O-. Now, you say you don't care about -O- (since -O- = me now). So, which one of you is telling the truth, and which one is lying/spamming/talking rubbish? Oh wait, its you Liquid... no need to guess then.

Mmm... I can tell you've never had to be inside a tribe with Adellion.

I have a lot of respect for Adellion. He's intelligent, he is active, and he can be a top-notch player when he chooses to be. He also has an EGO which defies the laws of time and space. This makes him a very entertaining individual to PM & Skype with. When all is going well, and Adellion is working his Diplomatic Magic* it is fun to follow him headlong into the breach.

However, there's also a Dark side. When things are not going well, he does not step back and reassess the situation. He spews vindictive malice in forum posts, uses abusive language in tribe circulars, berates individuals for personal failures, and engages in immature behaviours which he excuses as perfectly acceptable due to his age. His ego is paramount, and any threats to his view of himself as the perfect leader are squashed, and their proponents mocked and belittled.

That is poisonous to a tribe's sense of unity, and to an individual's ability to enjoy the game.

Adellion did an awful lot for -O-. He filled in when others dropped the ball, and when inactivity in the leadership forced responsibility for the tribe onto his shoulders. But once he had that power, the tribe became a very different place. That was when I (and others) decided to leave. His abuse towards his own tribe resulted in a serious drop in morale, inactivity problems snowballed, and led to Oubliette's demise. Perhaps Adellion's greatest achievement was recognizing this, and giving his remaining mates the chance to continue in other tribes, instead of demanding they follow him (and his ego) to the death.

Having said all that, I feel the need to scratch this itch:

Calarasi, what are you talking about between me and Adellion? Please, do spill.

- Raven

* it regularly astounds me what he can pull off, and who he all has connections with. The fact that he can maintain these diplomatic relationships despite his propensity for childish name-calling really says a lot for his skills. I think that if he keeps playing this game (and assuming he can get past his own massive ego) he could be a true power someday. Though should that day ever happen, I am not sure if I would want to be on his side, or just run and hide.

Well, what can I say? I can't actually say anything to Raven. I admit I don't operate at my finest when a tribe isn't doing very well. Hence why I insist on having a co-duke. (Damn you Sybrand). I get irritated if things are not done perfectly. Any sloppy TW (such as failed timing on support, or failed nuke timing, or lack of support sent) and I get angry and lash out. Ofc, I always send support when I can.
However, it was the inactivity that brought on my irritated stance, not the other way round. I think we were inactive well before I even became duke, so its hard to keep a smile when you are trying to pick up the ball while its rolling downhill anyway.

And uh... Raven, soz about the ego... :S :icon_rolleyes: