News - come and get it.

DeletedUser

Hello,
I am requesting some sort of paper start up here with interviews, maps, analysis', wars, other news, and so on. I personally am WAY to busy to do anything like it but I think maybe a few people(like free-eek) should make something, I am sure intersum would be happy to make maps.

just an idea because I love newspapers.

Regards,
Nuke

P.S. is this the right spot?

Update

Head Guy: Nuke911 for now until I find someone willing to take over.
Interviewer #1 - nachodude
Interviewer #2 - Free-eek
Map Maker - Intersum
analysis person #1 - LastApparatus
analysis person #2 -
War Updater -
proof reader -
Poll maker - this would be a link to go to a new site and vote, after 1 week or so you would show the results in the new paper. interesting idea, I have some sites what would work.
Reporter #1 -
Reporter #2 -
Reporter #3 -

Note: these are my ideas, I hope to hear your comments and suggestions. Also I would love to know free-eek if you would be willing to put together something like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If a paper got started I would love to help (interviewer most likely) :) I think it's a great idea.

DeletedUser

Interviews would be a blast. Love to do them.

Here's what I see as potential interviews:

First the basics:

Top players (points and OD)
Top tribal leaders
Other respected players
Random new players to get the beginner view of things (with the right questions could be very interesting)
Possibly other famous players not in W39 to get completely outside views and perspectives

Then to shake things up:
Anonymous interviews with tribe members (to hear some dirt we might not otherwise)
Renowned trouble makers, both in forum and in game
Both sides of historically famous wars (from W39 and other worlds)

In war time:
Leaders of both sides
Players who capture several villages
Players who lose several villages
Random warriors from both sides
Outsider views, especially ones from tribes close to the action

And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll come up with more (and will take suggestions)

This could be a lot of fun and very interesting as too the way people see the world and the game. I'm in. :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser51390

lol i dont thin someone who looses several villages will wantto do an interview...unles of course he takes them back :)

DeletedUser

lol i dont thin someone who looses several villages will wantto do an interview...unles of course he takes them back :)

Depends, if he/she put up a good fight I'm sure they would want the world to hear about it. I've seen many players talk about getting rimmed, it would be interesting to hear the perspective of both the attacker and defender. Not all would agree, but I'm certain I could talk a few into it.

It would be incredible to hear about real in game tactics from both sides of the attacks, something rarely seen.

And it may even cause some players to fight harder knowing they either might get interviewed, or maybe their attackers might. No one will want to read about how poor their effort was.

DeletedUser

Sounds good.
But who could take something like that on...

DeletedUser51390

yes but in most worlds they stop or get bored after only one issue :(

LastApparatus

I may actually be interested in helping with analysis/news. I plan to get a bit deeper into W39. :D

ackcody

If few people step up, I would love to work along side Free-eek with this.

even though he doesnt like me too much:p

DeletedUser

Sounds good.
But who could take something like that on...

Answered nicely by:

A team... working together can get a lot done :p

And a perfect example:

I may actually be interested in helping with analysis/news. I plan to get a bit deeper into W39. :D

LA would do great at this, and with others helping it would turn out well.

I could keep motivated on this for quite sometime as long as it was a weekly thing, not too often but not to long a period where it was too much info for one segment.

For the interviews it would have to be done in a way that the interviewer didn't try to make anyone look bad, just getting honest opinions from players. It would be a fascinating project.

If few people step up, I would love to work along side Free-eek with this.

even though he doesnt like me too much:p

there isn't a single player I don't care for. Propaganda is propaganda, and used to influence the views of the community...not to express personal dislike. I may not like your actions or methods, but I don't take this game personally and don't dislike people because of this or any game. Some of my closest TW friends started off as foes in these forums.

ackcody

Since Free-eek is "Head" of this because you said so,
Ill ask him.

Free-eek,
Can I do something in this?

*Waits scared of his answer*

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Since Free-eek is "Head" of this because you said so,
Ill ask him.

Free-eek,
Can I do something in this?

*Waits scared of his answer*

I'd much rather be an interviewer then the head guy, I already have too many things I'm the head of in real life. I'd rather this just be a fun time. I'd be fine being a reporter as well.

Nuke, you'd be good at running this, and it's your idea. I'd help with suggestions, but don't really want to run it any more then I want to run a tribe right now.

DeletedUser

I wanna write a weekly comic or something, that's what all the reader's skip to whenever they get their papers anyway (at least....thats what I do @_@). And some comic relief would probably assist in garnering viewership among all that analysis and data and statistics, anyways.

ackcody

Well, Whoever ends up being head, Id like to be a reporter or interviewer if given a chance,

Thanks

DeletedUser

I wanna write a weekly comic or something, that's what all the reader's skip to whenever they get their papers anyway (at least....thats what I do @_@). And some comic relief would probably assist in garnering viewership among all that analysis and data and statistics, anyways.

If you could make it a game related comic that would be amazing.