Offensive/Defensive Nukes Discussion

DeletedUser

Points? Do they matter? (serious Question)

I have been playing TW for about 18months now on a few different worlds, best world sofar has been W2 which i eventually quit, but i had about 130 villages and it was easy to know which villages were nukes as all my nukes had 308pts more then my defense villages, im sure if i came up against some exp players it would be easy to distinguish.......but would that make a difference?

how do you guys feel about it?

DeletedUser4665

I have been playing TW for about 18months now on a few different worlds, best world sofar has been W2 which i eventually quit, but i had about 130 villages and it was easy to know which villages were nukes as all my nukes had 308pts more then my defense villages, im sure if i came up against some exp players it would be easy to distinguish.......but would that make a difference?

sometimes I'll upgrade village HQ or hiding place to cover up some consistencies. I usually know my village's orientation simply by their names though.

thanks for clearing up openeye's stuff though. I don't like HC at all, though what he did makes sense. I like a more offensively oriented style I guess. screw multipurpose!

I always thought that the whole 6k axe 3k lc 450 ma 260 ram (with slight deviations) was the normal offense

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It depends on the distance the attack needs to go before reaching your villages. If it takes 4 days for the attack/train to hit you, then there will be no issue with switching your defence around.

There will be less of an issue.

If he is close and you cant shift your defence around, then its crucial.

Another thing is that you will lose troops from your other defence villages and if your offensive villages still looses then you will lose both defensive troops and your entire nuke.

There are no positivs that I can think of when it comes to having different builds between Def vills and off vills. Only negatives.

DeletedUser

Having just run some sims... to also include build time. I've determined that to match your defense build speed, versatility and effectiveness.

I would choose 5300 spear/2000 archer/2200 HC... this is actually less population, approximately 30 hours less build than yours and easily as effective.

Also, note in your original sims, the difference between axes and rams killed in your strat. vs. Openeye's, where he gets alot more LC killed. While yours IS more effective, it isn't that much more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think we may get a word from the master himself soon ;-)

Anyway, the main reason i am against archers is because i dont know much about them.
But that defence of 6500 spear/2000 archer/2000 HC is pretty strong and you can even add in more troops

DeletedUser

I believe it's very important nowadays Super. It will make my life much easier if you send 500 attacks at me, and I know that 1/2 of them originate from defenses.

the 6500/2000/2000 is actually 40 hours longer than Sazuke... it was 1 of 2 sims I ran... it is effective, slightly slower. I've edited to the other sim which against that particular offense is as good as any, and much much faster to build.

It only takes 400-500 Mounted Archers to nullify archers in a defense. Using such a low number of archers in the defense will make 250 MA optimal... but I don't build against specialty offenses or defenses, I build against balance typically. I may use a 5300/2000/2200 defense in war time, but it would never be my standard defense.

DeletedUser

I am curious to know why you would not build some scouts to go with your nuke (like 50) so you have a chance at info and 10 cats to kill the rally point?

DeletedUser

In w14 i normally used the 10k/10k sword/archer combo with a few spear/hc villages for defense, since it eats axe's. With 3/D 1/O villas, ( 1 of the 2 D's being hc/spear) you can quickly send hc support after the first nukes to snipe nobles incase u get rolled or if the other guy sends a cav nuke, which eats up the sword/archer def. Ofcourse this is only before a war, cause spear/hc is quicker to rebuild.

(sorry if it sounds like an essay, but its the only way that i know how to write in english)

DeletedUser

so, if this was tl;dr, what would you advise for us old units players?

MA in the nukes and archers and hc for the def?

(realises he just summed up this entire thread in a few poorly composed sentences...)

DeletedUser

In w14 i normally used the 10k/10k sword/archer combo with a few spear/hc villages for defense, since it eats axe's. With 3/D 1/O villas, ( 1 of the 2 D's being hc/spear) you can quickly send hc support after the first nukes to snipe nobles incase u get rolled or if the other guy sends a cav nuke, which eats up the sword/archer def. Ofcourse this is only before a war, cause spear/hc is quicker to rebuild.

(sorry if it sounds like an essay, but its the only way that i know how to write in english)

That defense takes YEARS to build, and really isn't effective against a well built offense. 3D to 1O ratio is absolutely horrid as well... How on earth can you effectively expand against anyone half-way decent?

IF you have time to build a balanced defense, something along the lines of 6ksp/4ksword/4karcher/1200HC is pretty good against most offenses, also allowing for quick support via HC.

DeletedUser

In w14 the best nukes were lc/ma heavier nukes than the standard 6k/3k axe/lcav nukes. Id go 4k/3k/700 axe/lc/ma nuke against a good archer D town.

Foggy, i never sayed i was the best tw player. Im just telling the old unit players how i used archers/ma. Btw, why do u build swords when u have hc? Saves alot of time just building HC

DeletedUser

Lol, I achieved top ODA in world 14, and held it for quite some time, and though I no longer play, my accounts ODA is still top 5.

a balanced archer world nuke will be: 7k ish axe/2200-2400 LC/400-500 MA/240-280 rams. (yes few scouts, and if you feel better about it you can build 10 cats)

In w14 the best nukes were lc/ma heavier nukes than the standard 6k/3k axe/lcav nukes. Id go 4k/3.5k/700 axe/lc/ma nuke against a good archer D town.

Foggy, i never sayed i was the best tw player. Im just telling the old unit players how i used archers/ma. Btw, why do u build swords when u have hc? Saves alot of time just building HC

I'm sorry if you took my world 14 comparison offensively... I was just using 14 as an example, as you and I have that one world in common, and trying to lend credibility to my perspective. FYI, I used 700 MA in my offenses for awhile, before simming the hell out of it, and came to the conclusion that anything more than 400-500 is extremely inefficient, and nothing other than a waste of time and population.
Swords are more efficient than HC... yes, you might drop the 4k swords, and add 650 ish HC... it would be faster, slightly less efficient, but the mobility is a plus. I personally don't build swords at all, but... seemed you like swords, I was offering an option that uses them, and is effective, albeit slow to build.

DeletedUser

Lol, i dindt take offense, sorry if it came out that way but im not used to typing in english. What im trying to say is that in mixing up the defenses between villages, lets u counter different types of nukes with the added benefit that u get one fast support unit (HC).

DeletedUser22430

My usual strategy always uses a good mix of all available troop types in balanced amounts, because you can never truly expect what you'll enemies send. I've seen pure Axe/ram nukes and every so often a pure LC/ram nuke, they're not the quickest to build but can often screw over a defense built towards one strategy or another.

Defense: I usually catch hell for this strategy, but its covers all bases fairly nice and doesn't plan for one type of attack over another.
For every defensive vill:
4000 spears
4500 swords
4500 archers
1000 HC
10 scouts

This setup ensures against most attacks, though perhaps falls short a bit thanks to the HC, but I like having support I can send fast than have to wait for infantry support. I also usually build one or two support villages, pure HC, nothing else, in the middle of large clusters.

DeletedUser

I'm a little late posting this but your defense is better then his whenever the attacker isn't using MA. If they are using MA your defense would be far less effective then OE's. And for your offense, in the simulator you used MA against an archer defense while OE's doesn't so obviously it's going to do better. Try simulating your offense against a defense without MA and a defense against an offense with MA in it.

Openeye's ratio's are made with the idea that people don't use archers or MA so you can't really compare them.

Note: If somebody already said this I'm sorr I couldn't be arsed to read through it all.

DeletedUser

SHhhhhh..
Close this thread!
Teh noobs will read it!! :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

I know i am totally out of place in this pro discussion but hey have a look at-
2k HC
5385 spears
3250 archers.
Population-20635.
It works out quite well.

DeletedUser4665

I know i am totally out of place in this pro discussion but hey have a look at-
2k HC
5385 spears
3250 archers.
Population-20635.
It works out quite well.

that is essentially what the original poster mentioned, except the spears replacing the catapults. It should work better, but it will also take longer to build.