Omg

• Thread starter DeletedUser2730
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I have no problem what-so-ever with this type of rationale, the problem that I and many others have is when alliances are allowed to be bought, and maintained with bounties of in-game or real world resources. This just stinks and it creates an un-even playing field.

When were alliances bought? This contest was announced by Cemdia several days after everyone already declared?

DeletedUser7479

I've never posted here or never intend to again. But I do read once in a while. Here is my arguement regarding the entire issue (and mind you, I didn't read all 13 pages of this posting):

I received an Army Commendation Medal along with several other medals and awards for my service in a recent war. Along with that medal came points which go towards my promotion. I was promoted to a higher rank, inpart because of those points for a reward I recieved in battle.

Is this wrong?

Or is everyone getting pissed because they didn't think of it first?

Reward for battle has been a long time precident for any military. I view this game as a military-based game. Kill or be killed. If you want to split hairs, call a lawyer. If you want to battle, just fight and hope no one recieves those points.

Enjoy the war!

-IndyJim

AsburySkinsFan

When were alliances bought? This contest was announced by Cemdia several days after everyone already declared?
Asked and answered, several times over.

No one would sit at a table playing a game if there were payoffs being made to manipulate player strategy in order to benefit certain players, it simply violates any resemblance of fair play. Tribes and players should be restricted to using the tactics and strategies within the confines of the game in order to find success. Bringing in outside resources violates this fairness.

AsburySkinsFan

I've never posted here or never intend to again. But I do read once in a while. Here is my arguement regarding the entire issue (and mind you, I didn't read all 13 pages of this posting):

I received an Army Commendation Medal along with several other medals and awards for my service in a recent war. Along with that medal came points which go towards my promotion. I was promoted to a higher rank, inpart because of those points for a reward I recieved in battle.

Is this wrong?

Or is everyone getting pissed because they didn't think of it first?

Reward for battle has been a long time precident for any military. I view this game as a military-based game. Kill or be killed. If you want to split hairs, call a lawyer. If you want to battle, just fight and hope no one recieves those points.

Enjoy the war!

-IndyJim

Well, *edit for the sake of clarity and to remove the rude response originally posted* It's an issue of apples and oranges between the military and its rules and TW and the rules here. */edit*

BTW, thanks for serving.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7443

Mods have the right to determine whether prem points may be transferred.

Mods do not have the right to "clear" the reason why the points should be transferred. The clear part goes to issues of strategy, motivation and teamwork. Those are not game rule issues and the mods should not have been implicated in endorsing them.

This would have to be the best post I've seen yet. It doesn't say anything about if this is fair or not but at least you can all see now that the ruling by the mods was fair. There was no breach of rules therefore there was no grounds on which to stop this competition from going ahead. People who keep bring up the arguement that offering premium points to increase moral means that people are using their axes which relates to rescourses and the number of villages gained which in turn relate to the number of villages and therefore resourses make are just wasting time. The whole point of the game is that it's a circle you make resourses to build troops so that you can take more villages so you can make more resourses and troops. Offering premium points to encourage people to do this isn't really going to speed things up much as this is already their goal. As has been said before offering a reward to somebody to do something they already want to do hardly tips the playing field. And at the end of the day, if xig wins this war this will be remembers as a dirty tactic played by the evil Cemedia to undermine Xig's moral. If FTR wins then it will be remembered as an awesome prize after a very long day.

One other thing I'm really getting fed up with hearing asterios's attempts to start a conspiracy about FTR buying people's loyalty, in particular StW as we had an alliance with xig and then dropped it for a 'new' one with FTR. The person offering PP is Cemedia, not FTR. Somehow your trying to tell us that because a member a StW is offering a prize for the most Xig villages captured this somehow equates to FTR paying us to join their side when they are 'losing' so badly. Your logic is not the best I've ever seen and it really makes we wonder about everything else you've said too. The simple fact is that although we previously didn't have an official alliance that you could see, we did have a great friendship with them for a very long time. We've always been treated fairly by FTR where we have not by you, now ask yourself which side would you chose. The one that's been kind to you even without an alliance or the side that's been abusing a long standing one. At first StW was split over which side and we were going to remain neutral but Xig ruined that and more and more of our members became dissatisfied with our relationship. Hence we chose the side we liked best, even if they were a little behind I would rather help a true friend rather than one that's only nice when they need you.

DeletedUser

This would have to be the best post I've seen yet. It doesn't say anything about if this is fair or not but at least you can all see now that the ruling by the mods was fair. There was no breach of rules therefore there was no grounds on which to stop this competition from going ahead. People who keep bring up the arguement that offering premium points to increase moral means that people are using their axes which relates to rescourses and the number of villages gained which in turn relate to the number of villages and therefore resourses make are just wasting time. The whole point of the game is that it's a circle you make resourses to build troops so that you can take more villages so you can make more resourses and troops. Offering premium points to encourage people to do this isn't really going to speed things up much as this is already their goal. As has been said before offering a reward to somebody to do something they already want to do hardly tips the playing field. And at the end of the day, if xig wins this war this will be remembers as a dirty tactic played by the evil Cemedia to undermine Xig's moral. If FTR wins then it will be remembered as an awesome prize after a very long day.

One other thing I'm really getting fed up with hearing asterios's attempts to start a conspiracy about FTR buying people's loyalty, in particular StW as we had an alliance with xig and then dropped it for a 'new' one with FTR. The person offering PP is Cemedia, not FTR. Somehow your trying to tell us that because a member a StW is offering a prize for the most Xig villages captured this somehow equates to FTR paying us to join their side when they are 'losing' so badly. Your logic is not the best I've ever seen and it really makes we wonder about everything else you've said too. The simple fact is that although we previously didn't have an official alliance that you could see, we did have a great friendship with them for a very long time. We've always been treated fairly by FTR where we have not by you, now ask yourself which side would you chose. The one that's been kind to you even without an alliance or the side that's been abusing a long standing one. At first StW was split over which side and we were going to remain neutral but Xig ruined that and more and more of our members became dissatisfied with our relationship. Hence we chose the side we liked best, even if they were a little behind I would rather help a true friend rather than one that's only nice when they need you.

All I can say..Nice!!!!

DeletedUser1185

1:You Lie about FTR being kind to StW I Was in FTr and I know the Bull they pulled on StW

2:I never mentioned StW and/or Cemedia at all what i described could have been any number of tribes involved,whats up got a guilty conscious?Did I strike to close to home?What are you telling us here?

Vandrade75

1:You Lie about FTR being kind to StW I Was in FTr and I know the Bull they pulled on StW

First off...all you've been doing in this forum is posting lies and/or flaming and bashing.

So basically whatever you say is completely rubbish for me and im guessing for a lot of people too.

Thanks, good job you deserve a pat on the back.

~V

DeletedUser1185

First off...all you've been doing in this forum is posting lies and/or flaming and bashing.

So basically whatever you say is completely rubbish for me and im guessing for a lot of people too.

Thanks, good job you deserve a pat on the back.

~V

Still reading off of Cemedia's Cue Cards eh?:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser7443

2:I never mentioned StW and/or Cemedia at all what i described could have been any number of tribes involved,whats up got a guilty conscious?Did I strike to close to home?What are you telling us here?

This whole thing started by Cemedia asking if he could start a competition where the prize was PP. From there we've had people claiming Cemedia is trying to 'buy' allies. As has been repeated countless times the competition was setup after all tribes had chosen a side which means that there was no buying of alliances. Then somebody came up with the point that perhaps some of our allies might not have stayed with the war till the end and are being bribed to stay on, again there is a specific date set out for how long this competition will run for. We have no idea how long this war is going to last for all we know it could last much much longer than the length of this competition. Therefore we can safely say that this competition is not likely to keep tribes involved with the war if it drags out longer than anticipated. Then because that didn't work you threw out the idea that FTR is giving out points to leaders to join their side of the war. As you said you never mentioned Cemedia or StW but where else could you have gotten the idea from. It's not like there hundreds of cases flying around about our side bribing people to fight. You are a conspiracy theroriest, you throw out as many ideas as you can think of that try to say that we're doing something we shouldn't be. Then whenever somebody replies to try and sort out the mess, you claim to have hit the jackpot because it would be entirely impossible for people to be trying to get some sense out here. The only possible reason for anybody to reply to one of your theories would be because it's true and we're trying to cover it up. We've all seen these tactics before and we're all going to see them again.

If you like I can start throwing wild statements about you and Xig and whenever somebody replys trying to keep the value of their name intact I can start prancing all over the forums claiming to have found out what's really going on too. Personally I think the reason your doing it so much is because you don't want everybody to start thinking and realising how Xig even found out about our competition. Only members who have been in one of our tribes for quite some time were allowed access to those files. The only way you could have found out about it therefore is to have spies in at least one of our tribes for quite some time. Until recently our tribes were supposed to be allied which means that my point about only wanting to be friends when you need us is really shown here. Sure I'll admit we probably have spied on our enemies in the past as has every other major tribe in the game. If you can get the enemies plans then that gives you a massive advantage. Also don't bother trying to deny that all tribes have sent spies or to turn it against me in someway saying that I'm admitting that our tribe sends spies like we're the only ones. My point is that while we may have done it in the past to enemies we didn't do it to our allies. In fact the more you try to discredit us for anyone who can read the lines it shows that you are the ones who can't be trusted.

And one last thing, it's true that you were in FTR but nonesense about FTR not being our friends is never going to wash. I myself have several long standing friends within the FTR rank, infact many times they've helped me and asked for nothing in return. Let's just look at the current facts though shall we, FTR doesn't like you but FTR likes us. StW likes FTR but doesn't like you. You don't like FTR or StW. Clearly the ones is this particular little circle that know how to keep friends aren't you, now I wonder why that might be.

DeletedUser7443

Still reading off of Cemedia's Cue Cards eh?:icon_rolleyes:

For your information both Vandrade75 and myself were originally from another tribe that merged with the Saints which as everyone knows later merged with the Wolves. Neither of us are particuarly friends with Cemedia as neither of us have had much to do with him as of yet. I'm not writing all this to defend Cemedia because he knows how to do that himself. I'm posting because I'm getting tired of all the Xig claims that we're the ones who didn't respect our alliance. If you had treated us with the same respect as FTR then we wouldn't be in this war. If attacks had not been sent and village disputes had been handled correctly as we repeatedly tried to do then we would have remained neutral as we would not want to attack anybody who had treated us as equals.

DeletedUser1185

This whole thing started by Cemedia asking if he could start a competition where the prize was PP. From there we've had people claiming Cemedia is trying to 'buy' allies. As has been repeated countless times the competition was setup after all tribes had chosen a side which means that there was no buying of alliances. Then somebody came up with the point that perhaps some of our allies might not have stayed with the war till the end and are being bribed to stay on, again there is a specific date set out for how long this competition will run for. We have no idea how long this war is going to last for all we know it could last much much longer than the length of this competition. Therefore we can safely say that this competition is not likely to keep tribes involved with the war if it drags out longer than anticipated. Then because that didn't work you threw out the idea that FTR is giving out points to leaders to join their side of the war. As you said you never mentioned Cemedia or StW but where else could you have gotten the idea from. It's not like there hundreds of cases flying around about our side bribing people to fight. You are a conspiracy theroriest, you throw out as many ideas as you can think of that try to say that we're doing something we shouldn't be. Then whenever somebody replies to try and sort out the mess, you claim to have hit the jackpot because it would be entirely impossible for people to be trying to get some sense out here. The only possible reason for anybody to reply to one of your theories would be because it's true and we're trying to cover it up. We've all seen these tactics before and we're all going to see them again.

If you like I can start throwing wild statements about you and Xig and whenever somebody replys trying to keep the value of their name intact I can start prancing all over the forums claiming to have found out what's really going on too. Personally I think the reason your doing it so much is because you don't want everybody to start thinking and realising how Xig even found out about our competition. Only members who have been in one of our tribes for quite some time were allowed access to those files. The only way you could have found out about it therefore is to have spies in at least one of our tribes for quite some time. Until recently our tribes were supposed to be allied which means that my point about only wanting to be friends when you need us is really shown here. Sure I'll admit we probably have spied on our enemies in the past as has every other major tribe in the game. If you can get the enemies plans then that gives you a massive advantage. Also don't bother trying to deny that all tribes have sent spies or to turn it against me in someway saying that I'm admitting that our tribe sends spies like we're the only ones. My point is that while we may have done it in the past to enemies we didn't do it to our allies. In fact the more you try to discredit us for anyone who can read the lines it shows that you are the ones who can't be trusted.

And one last thing, it's true that you were in FTR but nonesense about FTR not being our friends is never going to wash. I myself have several long standing friends within the FTR rank, infact many times they've helped me and asked for nothing in return. Let's just look at the current facts though shall we, FTR doesn't like you but FTR likes us. StW likes FTR but doesn't like you. You don't like FTR or StW. Clearly the ones is this particular little circle that know how to keep friends aren't you, now I wonder why that might be.

well for starters makes you wonder about things,I didn't make claims I stated possibilities that could occur or might have occured,but nobody can prove it either way but it would be irregardless since doing such is Legal according to the sites Admins,and that was the point i'm making,by the Admins allowing such a thing to occur they ahve opened the door for further exploitation of this loophole,essentially people can bribe whole tribes to fight for them or turn on them.

As far as the war XiG is in for the long run and are already making plans,are your allies in the same boat?

are you so sure FTR is the loveable ally you think it is?

Are you certain StW's other tribes are supporting its allies and not its enemies?

Can you honestly answer any of these questions?

DeletedUser1185

For your information both Vandrade75 and myself were originally from another tribe that merged with the Saints which as everyone knows later merged with the Wolves. Neither of us are particuarly friends with Cemedia as neither of us have had much to do with him as of yet. I'm not writing all this to defend Cemedia because he knows how to do that himself. I'm posting because I'm getting tired of all the Xig claims that we're the ones who didn't respect our alliance. If you had treated us with the same respect as FTR then we wouldn't be in this war. If attacks had not been sent and village disputes had been handled correctly as we repeatedly tried to do then we would have remained neutral as we would not want to attack anybody who had treated us as equals.

The same respect?God you are a piece of work Your tribe didn't even bother to cancel the Alliance with us before you made your big post on the forums,so don't go there about good allies,at least FTR has that decency,with StW's maneuver there they lost all respect from me for such a cheesy move.

DeletedUser7443

The same respect?God you are a piece of work Your tribe didn't even bother to cancel the Alliance with us before you made your big post on the forums,so don't go there about good allies,at least FTR has that decency,with StW's maneuver there they lost all respect from me for such a cheesy move.

Cheesy move, you attacked our members first. You attacked our members when the alliance was still in place and tried to say that it was the actions of rogue members. Funny thing it was members not member, go on try to deny it. I'd just love for you to try and deny it.

Lets take a look shall we;

As far as the war XiG is in for the long run and are already making plans,are your allies in the same boat?

I believe they are, infact I'm friends with quite a few of the dukes from allies so I know more than you do.

Yes

Are you certain StW's other tribes are supporting its allies and not its enemies?

We found a couple of traitors who turned out to be originally from Xig but other than that yeah we're good.

Just did

My turn, as I've pointed out nothing you say can be trusted so how do the people in Xig feel? They see you making up as many stories about us as you can, how do they know which ones to believe, how do they know you haven't been lying to them from the start because you wanted protection?

If casusalites get too high for Xig and they decide they've had enough where does that leave you?

What's the real reason that Xig decided that it was going to defend you after FTR told them that you were not covered my the N.A.P.? Perhaps the real reason you've made such as fuss about FTR trying to brib people to join them when they were 'losing' is because you yourself bribed Xig to protect you rather than be kicked out of yet another tribe.

Now the real question is can you twist things enough so that it looks like your completely innocent?

DeletedUser

Maybe less bought and more kept intact...

I really don't see how a contest that we were not even aware of until the rest of you keeps our alliances intact. Our allies have always had out back just as we have theirs.

DeletedUser1185

Cheesy move, you attacked our members first. You attacked our members when the alliance was still in place and tried to say that it was the actions of rogue members. Funny thing it was members not member, go on try to deny it. I'd just love for you to try and deny it.

boy you guys get your lies mixed up don't you,for starters it was one of your people that attacked one of our people not the other way around.

Lets take a look shall we;

I believe they are, infact I'm friends with quite a few of the dukes from allies so I know more than you do.

Don't worry I believe you :icon_wink:

Yes

We found a couple of traitors who turned out to be originally from Xig but other than that yeah we're good.

better keep looking

Just did

nope you didn't but didn't think you could either.

My turn, as I've pointed out nothing you say can be trusted so how do the people in Xig feel? They see you making up as many stories about us as you can, how do they know which ones to believe, how do they know you haven't been lying to them from the start because you wanted protection?

If casusalites get too high for Xig and they decide they've had enough where does that leave you?

What's the real reason that Xig decided that it was going to defend you after FTR told them that you were not covered my the N.A.P.? Perhaps the real reason you've made such as fuss about FTR trying to brib people to join them when they were 'losing' is because you yourself bribed Xig to protect you rather than be kicked out of yet another tribe.

Now the real question is can you twist things enough so that it looks like your completely innocent?

oh and what did I bribe them with?hmm pocket lint?you seem to keep attributing alot to me.

As it goes you claim this and that yet you don't have the guts to think for yourself your tribe will die and i'll be here to see it.

oh by the way i'd like to thank your allies who supplied me the support i needed to kill off 16 FTR offensive armies and a whole crud load of Nobles.

DeletedUser

No worries asterios your time shall come.
We are waiting to take out some more XIG who are "actualy" a threat first.

And since you seem to be turtling up you're no real challenge.