Paladin Names - Easter Eggs

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Many people don't realise that version 5.4 of TW introduced a new Easter Egg (ie - undocumented feature.)

If you give your Paladin specific names, then there are unique items that can be found and then equipped along side the standard ones. These have some rather different modifiers.

I've a few friends in the TW office, and these are the ones that they've confirmed exist.

Paladin Name: Michael Jordan
Unique Item: Running Shoes of Gold
Special Power: All foot troops move at double the speed.

Paladin Name: Otis
Unique Item: Lift of misleading capacity
Special Power: This item CLAIMS to increase your Paladin's lifting capacity to that of 24 people. However, in practice, it only has the lifting capacity of 12 people.

Paladin Name: Dr. Who
Unique Item: Tardis
Special Power: Allows "time travel" in that, for a limited period AFTER an attack, the attacker has an "undo" button on the attack report that wil, well, undo the attack and make it as if it didn't happen. (The Paladin has to survive for this to work, but it will undo any other losses.)

Paladin Name: Gordon Brown
Unique Item: Cabinet of Cronies
Special Power: The Paladin becomes unkillable, but ineffective.

DeletedUser

ooh =D

sooo nice, is this the only ones? or can we expect names like cheesecake to procure even better bonuses?

i bet everyone is going for Michael Jordan now! but Dr. Who also seems quite nice...

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
ooh =D

sooo nice, is this the only ones? or can we expect names like cheesecake to procure even better bonuses?

i bet everyone is going for Michael Jordan now! but Dr. Who also seems quite nice...

I'm told that there are more, but I don't know what.

On the cheesecake thing, as I understand it, the TW staff have refused to come down on EITHER side of the cake/biscuit divide... so it may be that there are both cake and biscuit related bonuses.

Get typing into that Pally name field, and see what happens.

elimin@t0r

never seen something so bizzare and pathetic in my life. (Me rushes 2 try names!!!!! /SARCASM )
Maybe they should make a Michael Jackson 1 that lets you change your lc to ma for 1 hit if your scouts reported more archers defending.

(No disrespect to Michael Jackson hes truly a great guy and is missed by millions. R.I.P Jackoo :(

armadillojoe

Just out of force of habit, I entered Chuck Norris. My paladin now has 5000 offensive strength.

DeletedUser

well im going from Mickey Mouse to Michael Jordan right now thats for sure, then we'll see if i get the shoes xD

i see, it would probably be best for TW to stay out of such touchy political affairs as the cake/biscuit divide... too bad "dough"...

what about historic characters? like Churchil? Roosevelt? Area 51 aliens? George Washington? and finally Super Mario? do you think any of those historic characters have a chance of being included? maybe ask your sources?

Aethelred2

I just tried the name Elizabeth II. It took a lot of resource to rebuild the paladin but then didnt do anything.

DeletedUser

Hmmm.

So maybe if you name him George Bush he will attack random players for no reason.

DeletedUser

Paladin name: Osama Bin Laden
Unique Item: Beard
Special Power: Can throw catapults and rams at buildings. No one can find out who did it.

6a00cd971dad4d4cd500fa968646940003-500pi

DeletedUser51389

how do you know if your paladin is equipped with this stuff

DeletedUser

I named mine Witch King, now my pally and my army are just flying around the world ;)

DeletedUser

I named mine Lord Lendale... Rigth now I'm at Lord Lendale III. =\

DeletedUser

Paladin Name: Rick James
Unique Item: Pimp Hand
Special Power: Goes superfreaky on enemy troops. Noblemen and Paladins run in fear from him.