Player-made maps

DeletedUser

Lol, why'd you exclude 1984?

genius.png

DeletedUser

Okay, i'm gonna give this a shot. Please feel free to give constructive criticism, but please not to many rude comments!

[spoil]
en50.png
[/spoil]

Top 5 tribes.

~Michael

DeletedUser88324

thanks for the initiative ..

constructive ctriticism: the view is real "foggy" looks like a glass window when breathed on. If you can remove the blurr from it, it won't hurth others' eyes so much :D

DeletedUser

Not really criticism... just me being picky, but I think it would make more sense if you put the 1984 label in the NW, -SOL- in the SW, TCOA in the SE, then ODA and D.R.I. in the NE/center, those two don't matter as much as they are all over.

DeletedUser

Do you guys think i should put it on a brighter background? cause i burned it just about to death to make the markers stand out more.

~Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay, i made another one, and i took both silvas and "the jacal"'s words into account, as well as making some other improvements, and i must say, i think this one came out much better than the last one.

[spoil]
en501.png
[/spoil]

If anyone has any suggestions for my next one, please let me know :)

Full list of improvements:

Brighter background color
Placed the labels in the general locations of the tribes on the map
Used less blur, and burned only the markers
Used only markers

~Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100410

Okay, i made another one, and i took both silvas and "the jacal"'s words into account, as well as making some other improvements, and i must say, i think this one came out much better than the last one.

[spoil]
en501.png
[/spoil]

If anyone has any suggestions for my next one, please let me know :)

Full list of improvements:

Brighter background color
Placed the labels in the general locations of the tribes on the map
Used less blur, and burned only the markers
Used only markers

~Michael

it hurts my eyes

DeletedUser

Kinda trippy background but I quite like that.

Although you now have ODA and SOL as the same colour?

DeletedUser

No, -SOL- is a bit lighter than ODA. Although i can see how they may be too similar.

~Michael

DeletedUser

Okay guys, here's my latest map, and i think it's my most successful one so far. Please feel free to tell me if you think otherwise.

[spoil]
finished-map-1.png
[/spoil]

~Michael

DeletedUser

Okay guys, here's my latest map, and i think it's my most successful one so far. Please feel free to tell me if you think otherwise.

[spoil]
finished-map-1.png
[/spoil]

~Michael

The GHS label is a little confusing. Too far from the actual tribe, I think.
Other than that, great map!

Soberknight

i love the 3d kinda thingy you did. make it look like the tribes are clouds moving over eachother.

DeletedUser

I really like the clouds idea, im going to copy it and make my own i think :) will post the result later.

my ideas for you to improve it though, and ones i will try to do myself:

1) try increasing the opacity of the shadow layers, and also try and move them closer to the actual tribe.
2) Blur or round the tribes off more. will look more like clouds then
3) do a bumpmap for each of the tribes. will make them look 3D.
4) idk whats causing certain areas of tribes to look like they have dodgy coloured borders, but try and get rid of that.
5) put the labels closer to the tribes, or move them all to the side. the GHS label for example is rather confusing being right in the middle of ODA